Justin Fields decides to remain a leghumper

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
There's no reason to try and stick a square peg into a round hole when there are other elite HS QB's out there right now that are a better fit and can be flipped. Get one of the others and let Corral go.
Corral is a Gator. He's been the glue holding this class together. If it weren't for him, we'd likely have about 3 commits right now.

Jaguar45

Nov 16, 2017
I don’t spend enough time focusing on the recruiting piece, so my knowledge is thin regarding this matter... But, why are we spinning our wheels on other QB recruits at the moment? I assume it would be beneficial to get one more, but not at the expense of losing a pretty BA QB in Corral. Is he not equipped enough to run Mullen’s offense? I know the kid has wheels. I’ve seen some videos of him, I doubt he’s durable enough to sustain running like Ole Tebow did. But if Mullen can adapt his offense around our players then he needs to start looking at that instead of risk losing Corral to go after recruits that fit better into his system. Corral is our dude, focus on him...

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Not sure if we're in a position to have this attitude.
We’re not. Especially seeing how he’s the glue that’s been holding it together. No reason to not bring in 2-3 qbs and let them duke it out. Especially a kid who really wants to be here.

I’ve said it before no qb on the roster will play next year if we play our cards right in this recruiting process. If we run off corral and don’t get a college ready qb, next year will be a disaster with franks/Allen/trask.

Keep Corral and see if he can bring back Copeland and reel in others.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I don’t spend enough time focusing on the recruiting piece, so my knowledge is thin regarding this matter... But, why are we spinning our wheels on other QB recruits at the moment? I assume it would be beneficial to get one more, but not at the expense of losing a pretty BA QB in Corral. Is he not equipped enough to run Mullen’s offense? I know the kid has wheels. I’ve seen some videos of him, I doubt he’s durable enough to sustain running like Ole Tebow did. But if Mullen can adapt his offense around our players then he needs to start looking at that instead of risk losing Corral to go after recruits that fit better into his system. Corral is our dude, focus on him...
He reminds me of Stidham at Auburn. Not a power runner like Newton or Tebow but has good pocket awareness and knows how to take off for 7 yards when your options are taken away. He can burn them, very twitchy in the pocket to avoid defenders even getting fingers on him. Should corral take 15 carries a game? Idk about that, he needs to bulk up quite a bit but he could be serviceable in this system.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
#1) A running QB is doubtful to last the whole season, play in every game, then why make that your worship idol?
#2) Corral has a high FB-IQ; who says when run is the best option he cannot see it/do it?
#3) We've got Corral. Bet he's very adaptive/teachable.
#4) We have a positive sample in Corral's Gator leadership ability and he's not even arrived on campus yet.

You never know 'til the players educate you. So let any QB we can get, come. Surprises can happen - just ask Spurrier.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Corral is a Gator. He's been the glue holding this class together. If it weren't for him, we'd likely have about 3 commits right now.
So freaking what? If he's going to bolt if/when Mullen adds another QB (which he will), then GTFO. I think he's one of these kids that would throw a tantrum and run if there was any hint of competition. Hell, he's already been hedging because Mullen visited Fields.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t spend enough time focusing on the recruiting piece, so my knowledge is thin regarding this matter... But, why are we spinning our wheels on other QB recruits at the moment? .
Bc he cant run Mullins system. Seeing him run isnt the same as being a running QB.

NVAGATOR86

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2017
Yes Corral looks like our best option for the future. The wild card would be if Franks can be coached up to be the QB we need. Can DM get him to recognize and respond to the pre snap reads he must make in the new offense. We haven't seen it yet but who knows what level of coaching he got.
We now have arguably the best QB coach in the SEC as our HC. We know Franks has an arm but does he have the QB field smarts to run the spread offense. He is a big boy and will get bigger. If we can develop his read and run skills we will have a very potent offense. My opinion is that Jake Allen may be the best candidate . Not as big but could have the game management skills we need. In any case we now have a coach who can figure it out.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Franks has no chance at taking us anywhere. He's brainless and I doubt he's starting on Week 1. We'll be going with a freshman.

As far as Corral, if he wants to stay and compete, that's great. But I really hope Mullen brings in another QB that is a better fit. They can't worry about Corral running away like a little girl if they bring in a new QB - Mullen has to get the best players for what he does.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
So freaking what? If he's going to bolt if/when Mullen adds another QB (which he will), then GTFO. I think he's one of these kids that would throw a tantrum and run if there was any hint of competition. Hell, he's already been hedging because Mullen visited Fields.
He’s been hedging because Mullen still one week in hasn’t called him. Zero communication other than sending Gonzales.

Word from 247 is they’re sitting down this weekend and completely reshaping the recruiting board. So we will find out sooner than later who is going to stay in this class

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
He’s been hedging because Mullen still one week in hasn’t called him. Zero communication other than sending Gonzales.

Word from 247 is they’re sitting down this weekend and completely reshaping the recruiting board. So we will find out sooner than later who is going to stay in this class
I don't think Corral is part of our future. And that's probably for the best. I don't want to see another 2005 Chris Leak offense....it was painful.

GatorShea

Feb 10, 2016
I'm not 100% sold on Corral being a Gator. He has been cryptic on Twitter as of late and never bothered tweeting the pic from the visit he got the other day. I think he thinks he is going to get over on us.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Who's high on the juco dual-threat list?

GatorShea

Feb 10, 2016
Are we just going to send Jake Allen packing? Talk about someone that has been a loyal Gator.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What about Kadarius?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads