Justin Fields decides to remain a leghumper

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
It shouldn't be hard to sell Fields on what Mullen can do for him.

He took a 3* kid (Fitzgerald) ranked as the #40 dual threat QB and turned him into a 2nd team preseason all SEC QB.

He took another 3* kid (Prescott) ranked as the #20 dual threat QB and turned him into a 3rd round NFL draft pick and NFL Offensive ROY.

He helped get a 5* kid (Tebow) ranked as the #1 dual threat QB and turned him into a two time national champion, heisman winner and 1st round draft pick.

What can he do for this years 5* #1 dual threat QB?

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Not arguing that DM's offense features a dynamic passing game, but no one could have predicted Daks success last year. He lucked out into the the best situation he could have hoped for, especially with Elliot on his team. Dak may actually be closer to a 4th round talent than what he appeared to be last year. I watched that stupid QB challenge last year after the season and Prescott definitely had one of the weaker arms of all the participants. He looks pretty terrible w/o Elliot this year. Of course having Chaz Green playing tackle for him certainly didn't help:lmao2:

Since65

Oct 5, 2014

I am curious as to who in the NFL universe, coaches, commentators, etc. have referred to Prescott as an "all world talent"? I realize that description supports the narrative that Mullen's system ruined him but I don't think it's remotely factual.

If anything his performance this season makes his draft position look about right.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014

You obviously know a lot about football so you know Prescott landed with the perfect team/system for a rookie QB. Their Oline and Elliot allowed them them to put him in

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
Low stress game manager mode. He us not an all pro compared to Wentz, Goff, etc this year.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Georgia has the 110th passing offense with 100 fewer passing attempts than we do. What the absolute **** are you talking about. And that’s WITH Nussbutters offense. They are not better than anyone. Even MSU has a better passing offense than Georgia this year and they’ve been run heavy with Fitzy :lmao2:

You’ve done nothing but stick by a dead argument these last few days. Just stop

Edit add on: you’re just trying to complain for no reason. Miami’s qb got pulled for being beyond mediocre against Pitt. And Auburn is dead lucky they got Stidham otherwise they’d be mediocre yet again at the qb position. You’re just trying to find any way you can to ignore 7 3,000+ passing seasons in Mullen’s career dating back to 2005, and even in 05 we had 2700 yards.
Georgia’s passing game is only that poorly ranked because they don’t need to pass the ball. They have one of the best running attacks in the country. Their passing offense is ranked near the top in efficiency. We would kill for their offense right now.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

That’s way more reading than I would ever devote to draft prospects. I just recall bspn drinking the Dak juice, but consider the source...

Everyone is going to have different opinions about everything. If you’re determined to convince everyone that you’re right, you’re going to live a long, disappointing life.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014

Agree with that. But he has definitely fallen back down to earth in a hurry without Elliot. I actually hope he gets it together because it seems like our main pitch with recruits selling Mullen is to just keep repeating "Alex Smith, Tim Tebow, Dak Prescott" over and over.

But since he lost Elliot his QBR is complete crap and they have scored 7, 9, and 6 points in the last 3 games with Dak throwing 5 INT to 0 TD. I just looked that up and holy crap that's bad. Even worse than I thought.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Spinning wheel spinning 'roun...
Logic your left hind gator foot. By your own words, Dak was the 20th ranked dual threat--yes, not even pro-style QB and made him into a draft pick-- that in itself is amazing, what do you think happened to the 19 ranked ahead of him??? and let's don't even mention all those higher ranked pro-style QBs. And, yes, the idiot NFL screwed it up just like they did with the Clemson QB this year. So the result of your"logic" is that DM took a a dual threat QB who had zero chance of playing one down of NFL football as a QB and made a rookie of the year should have been a first round draft choice.
I have no idea why one of the posters who I most look to to describe on field football is doing this, but stop. Mullen is not the guy I wanted---Scott, Chip, Charlie, and then maybe Dan-- but he's who we got.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He took a 3* kid (Fitzgerald) ranked as the #40 dual threat QB and turned him into a 2nd team preseason all SEC QB.
Some people aren't impressed with Fitzgerald's QBR being less than Franks. Just some people.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I just recall bspn drinking the Dak juice, but consider the source...
That's actually pretty good for us. They've been pimping Mullins for years too, far beyond what his record would call for.

Hopefully we can turn it into a great recruiting class.

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
He's not a great passer but if I read it correctly he was a WR in high school and only threw like 70 passes in his high school career. Mullen has adjusted his offense to run heavy for the best results. He was something like the 1500 overall recruit when he was signed. I can only imagine what Mullen could do with the #1 overall recruit this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.