Justin shorter cleared to play

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You guys sound like a recruiting commercial for Alabama.

So what you are saying is "lets lie about the state of the program at certain positions, because that is what truly loving a program is." I guess you lie to your boyfriend all the time to show him that love you have for him.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
So what you are saying is "lets lie about the state of the program at certain positions, because that is what truly loving a program is." I guess you lie to your boyfriend all the time to show him that love you have for him.
I believe the state of our program at wide receiver is in pretty good shape. (See 4 players make NFL roster off last years team)
Im going to ask Ox to to add a block of cheese to the football pickem pool prizes so people like you will have some cheese to go with the massive about of Wine that come out of your posts.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I believe the state of our program at wide receiver is in pretty good shape. (See 4 players make NFL roster off last years team)
Im going to ask Ox to to add a block of cheese to the football pickem pool prizes so people like you will have some cheese to go with the massive about of Wine that come out of your posts.

So 3 WR drafted, which is nice. We were talented at the position. When Dan goes into a WR living room, we got 3 guys drafted... nice. Saban goes in, I got two guys drafted in top 15 picks, and have two WR rated in top 20 picks in the next draft (one which was rated in the top 10 of the 2020 draft). There is a huge difference. The fact you don't even see it, shows why this conversation will go no where. You are just defending like you probably did Butters and Muschamp.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You guys sound like a recruiting commercial for Alabama.
You don't think that's what they're saying? With their 50 recruiting assistants, they have thought of what we did?

Take a look where the top two or three Florida receivers have gone the last 3 years. I think they know.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Blocking is important, but you see that catch Van Jefferson made on the sidelines last night against the Cowboys... that is what gets you NFL dollars.
No it isnt. He is on a rookie contract. He wont get $$$ until 2nd contract now. He gets third round money until then.

Putting up stats in college is how you make money on your first contract in the NFL.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well, looks like Shorter may be our number 1 receiver.

Dan Mullen predicts Justin Shorter will be ‘impact player’ for the Gators this season

He’s also a great, physical blocker. Mullen said blocking is just as important as catching a 50-yard touchdown pass.
He is only a cheeseburger away from being a great blocker.

we have to have the weirdest roster management of any team in the country. where else can you find a team that prefers its wide receivers to be larger than its defensive ends?

Last edited:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
No it isnt. He is on a rookie contract. He wont get $$$ until 2nd contract now. He gets third round money until then.

Putting up stats in college is how you make money on your first contract in the NFL.

That's my point, if he was out there making those catches in college, he wouldn't be on 3rd round money. But now he has to wait until year 4 or 5 for that second contract to get paid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator