Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
9d553653-baae-4238-8a80-d847e7fc223e_text.gif

Ahhh serenity

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
So does anybody know if shorter is any good?

His name hasn’t been mentioned much. Is that because he hadn’t been cleared? Or, was there nothing worth mentioning? The two receivers mentioned the most are Baby Hendo and Weston. Fraziers and God in cleats (Whittemore) got a lot of comments as well.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
His name hasn’t been mentioned much. Is that because he hadn’t been cleared? Or, was there nothing worth mentioning? The two receivers mentioned the most are Baby Hendo and Weston. Fraziers and God in cleats (Whittemore) got a lot of comments as well.

According to an update J posted, he hasn’t been overly impressive. I think he actually used the word “terrible”, which may have been slightly embellished. But overall it seems he hasn’t stood out yet.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
According to an update J posted, he hasn’t been overly impressive. I think he actually used the word “terrible”, which may have been slightly embellished. But overall it seems he hasn’t stood out yet.

The only person who has said anything about him positively (that I’ve read) is coach Mullen. And he didn’t say anything about his skill or performance. He talked about his influence as a veteran.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
The only person who has said anything about him positively (that I’ve read) is coach Mullen. And he didn’t say anything about his skill or performance. He talked about his influence as a veteran.

Which is the kiss of death. Baby Hendo is talked about because he keeps making plays. Weston is talking about for his route running and being the most physically gifted receiver on the roster. Fraziers is talked about for making plays although not like Hendo or Weston. Whittemore is talked about for his hands and his ability to get deep. Shorter, well, he works hard. That's nice. So does Rick Wells.

This is what concerns me about Shorter,

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
it really doesn't matter whether they're good on the field so long as they're good on Twitter.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Honestly, I dont get it. I understand why receivers and RBs want no part of this offense. I dont blame them. This is about the worst offense to earn a big NFL contract for them.

However it actually showcases the OL, requires them to do some very athletic stuff sometimes. And Cowbell always had at least functional OL.
Hmmmmmm............lets see four receivers off last years team made NFL rosters

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Hmmmmmm............lets see four receivers off last years team made NFL rosters
Yup. A talented group.

But being 500 yard receivers probably cost them tens of millions of dollars.

Last edited:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I’m trying to think of the last time we had a good offensive line for the entire season. I know 2012 had moments in the run game, and ‘18 improved throughout the year. But aside from that it’s probably been well over a decade since I felt comfortable with our OL. So I never go in expecting much.
And I can't remember having one worse than last year

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Is Shorter a RS Soph or is he a JR ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.