Justin shorter cleared to play

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Honestly, Im not concerned about 5 star linemen. They usually suck and are just trying to get to the NFL as quickly as possible. Our last few 5 star linemen have been dudes with pulses who were useless in yr 1& 2 and barely mediocre in Yr 3 and gone. Most 5 stars are athletes who can dunk a basketball but not ready yet. I get that is the way NFL likes them but Im only concerned about college production not what they will develop to be later.

On the OL (or at DT) give me 3+-4 stars with a chip on their shoulders who will work hard. A 5th year 2nd or 3rd tier lineman usually beats a 5 star true junior.

Again with you being so giddy and happy w/CDM's recruiting prowess?!

I like this new "you" Donk. Keep up the positivity. :highfive:

#Gator Bait
:chomp:

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I think the only 5* OL we've signed since Meyer left was Martez Ivey and he was essentially an average player, at best. He was a 3 (maybe 4?) year starter, but never really improved. He had a good 2018 under Hevesy, but too little/too late. Never made it in the NFL (as far as I remember).
I think DJ Humphries was a 5*

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Our OL prison raped LSU's defense in 2012. I think we ran counter right 23 times in a row on one drive.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We did that during Urban's years too. I remember having an OT (Jason Watkins) wearing # 89. Of course, you probably were a Canes fan back then so you won't remember.
I will take your life, s l o w l y.

With a spoon and a nail file.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Our OL prison raped LSU's defense in 2012. I think we ran counter right 23 times in a row on one drive.
Yeah, 14-6 is what is considered a prison rape blowout by Mushchump standards, I guess. An offensive explosion even.

Its ok. You already admitted you were related to him.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Good call, he was the #1 OT on 247.

So....Muschamp signed a 5-star OT and so did Butters. Yet, the offensive guru, "best QB coach in the country" (not my words) can't land a top OL. smh
Honestly, I dont get it. I understand why receivers and RBs want no part of this offense. I dont blame them. This is about the worst offense to earn a big NFL contract for them.

However it actually showcases the OL, requires them to do some very athletic stuff sometimes. And Cowbell always had at least functional OL.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
LSU and ATM were stuck because they were the first ones to see what chimp really was. they kept thinking as soon as we suck up into a goal line defense, he's going to pass the ball over our heads.

it didn't take long for that for all teams to figure out that that's not in the playbook.

ExecutiveGator

Paragraphs are great tools. Use them.
Lifetime Member
Dec 5, 2014
LSU and ATM were stuck because they were the first ones to see what chimp really was. they kept thinking as soon as we suck up into a goal line defense, he's going to pass the ball over our heads.

it didn't take long for that for all teams to figure out that that's not in the playbook.
You are a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Honestly, I dont get it. I understand why receivers and RBs want no part of this offense. I dont blame them. This is about the worst offense to earn a big NFL contract for them.

However it actually showcases the OL, requires them to do some very athletic stuff sometimes. And Cowbell always had at least functional OL.

I think it might have something to do with Hev having the charisma and recruiting chops of the coffee table in my basement .

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think it might have something to do with Hev having the charisma and recruiting chops of the coffee table in my basement .
but he did not have this problem at cowbell?

we're out there begging for cowbell offensive line transfers.

COME ON, MAN!!!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

9d553653-baae-4238-8a80-d847e7fc223e_text.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator