Kentucky & whether or not Florida is truly southern

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
What about the true southerners who would stand for Dixie but can’t because they’re morbidly obese and are confined to a government provided scooter because of their self inflicted diabetes? Good people I presume.
So, you shop at Walmart and the Dollar Store I take it.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
But the Klan in “pre-modern times?” A swell bunch of guys to be sure.
You need to read the history of the early Klan. Former Confederate officers banded to together to oppose carpetbagging. Because they couldn't vote. The lynching and widespread racial intimidation is a product of the time after WW I.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Very insulting. The Klan, in modern times, was a refuge for the incompetent. The term "trailer trash" is apropos. You have probably never met a Klansman of seen the obscenity of a rally. So keep your slander to yourself, if you please. On the other hand, I am unabashedly Southern. I believe in the federal system of our Founders and state sovereignty over the federal government. The south, before the War, was the bastion of civility and culture for the nation. Please limit your criticisms to facts and not innuendo. Thank you advance for your consideration in this matter.
Awkward Mord Mit Aussicht GIF by WDR

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
You need to read the history of the early Klan. Former Confederate officers banded to together to oppose carpetbagging. Because they couldn't vote. The lynching and widespread racial intimidation is a product of the time after WW I.
Hoooooollllyyyyy ##########

Sylvester Stallone Facepalm GIF

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
My degree is in history and I am very familiar with all three iterations of the KKK. The original group committed their fair share of murders, usually of former slaves who dared to become involved in politics, and are rightfully referred to as first organized terror group in U.S. history. Maybe you need to do a deeper dive into the history of that era and skip the Lost Cause authors.

You are correct that the former Confederate officers could not vote, but that’s what happens when you take up armed rebellion against your country. Those who had previously been in the U.S. military actually violated their oath, the same one you and I took by the way, and are lucky they weren’t hanged for committing treason.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The initial batch of kkk shtbags lynched more than their fair share of black freedmen for the crime of daring to live as free men.

All this, "every Yankee is horrible" and liberty county is the heart of the South talk makes a lot more sense now.

Congrats @chferg you are no longer the resident board racist!

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
My degree is in history and I am very familiar with all three iterations of the KKK. The original group committed their fair share of murders, usually of former slaves who dared to become involved in politics, and are rightfully referred to as first organized terror group in U.S. history. Maybe you need to do a deeper dive into the history of that era and skip the Lost Cause authors.

You are correct that the former Confederate officers could not vote, but that’s what happens when you take up armed rebellion against your country. Those who had previously been in the U.S. military actually violated their oath, the same one you and I took by the way, and are lucky they weren’t hanged for committing treason.
Wasn't there country. The state was. You need to stop judging based on today's social construct and put yourself into the era of the 1800s. My oath was to the Constitution which gives sovereignty to the states. Not the Federal government.
Oh, I got a little sidetracked. Yes the early Klan was not virtuous. I hope I didn't imply that. They were trying to preserve a way of life that they truly believed was righteous. I have not read any Lost Cause authors, that I know of. My grandmother is my source of personal history. Her father fought in the War and she lived through reconstruction.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
A Wildwood Girl!

Yes. I have met her and her family several times years ago. I believe her mother is from West Virginia, which would technically make her non-southern genetically, possibly even a yankee by the standards of some here. I figured you’d know her considering the Wildwood HS sports thread you started.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The initial batch of kkk shtbags lynched more than their fair share of black freedmen for the crime of daring to live as free men.

All this, "every Yankee is horrible" and liberty county is the heart of the South talk makes a lot more sense now.

Congrats @chferg you are no longer the resident board racist!
fletch-lives-1989-v0-e3pxoqutk7ba1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator