Kerwin Bell

MooseSmack

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

Dreams. Are just dreams.. we need the best possible coach available. Dreams won't win championships. Just leave your sheets wet.

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What jobs have you seen him interested in?
What job has he been offered? How would anyone know if he was interested in a job he was never offered?

I love Bell but he has absolutely nothing that qualifies him for a job like Florida. Until he's proven he can coach at a higher level than JU or Valdosta State he has no business ever getting an offer from UF sorry.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
People find Kerwin Bell an attractive candidate because he reminds them so much of Spurrier --- former Gator great quarterback with a down home personality. Could he recreate the Spurrier magic in Gainesville? Spurrier was ready for the big time after a stint at Duke in the Atlantic Coast Conference. The ACC is a bigger stage than the playing fields of Valdosta. That is the gamble. If Kerwin Bell was such a hot commodity why didn't he advance faster up the food chain?

Gulfstream

Founding Member
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
People find Kerwin Bell an attractive candidate because he reminds them so much of Spurrier --- former Gator great quarterback with a down home personality. Could he recreate the Spurrier magic in Gainesville? Spurrier was ready for the big time after a stint at Duke in the Atlantic Coast Conference. The ACC is a bigger stage than the playing fields of Valdosta. That is the gamble. If Kerwin Bell was such a hot commodity why didn't he advance faster up the food chain?

One question Joe? Do you think the HBC would approve of KB?

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Uhhhh, JU and Valdosta State. You gonna tell me he preferred those to coaching at Virginia, Kentucky or even UAB? :lol:

Right - he was at JU for so very long. If either (1) he was good enough to move up to even Div I-AA (FCS) he would have done so or (2) he wanted to move up, he would have done so. Perhaps he was just very comfortable at JU, and going up to Div II Valdosta State was fine with him. I don't think it's even crossing his mind that he would become the UF HC.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Right - he was at JU for so very long. If either (1) he was good enough to move up to even Div I-AA (FCS) he would have done so or (2) he wanted to move up, he would have done so. Perhaps he was just very comfortable at JU, and going up to Div II Valdosta State was fine with him. I don't think it's even crossing his mind that he would become the UF HC.
For good reason. I doubt any current HS school coaches are expecting a call from Stricklin either. :lol:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If Frost fails.

Bell-ringing plusses:
1) No greater Gator winning desire.
2) no better understanding of UGa LOCP rivalry.
3) no bigger FSU hate
4) no better QB coach/developer
5) great skull sessions with Spurrier
6) superb OC (Spurrier-like)
7) got covered up & forgot by staying at JU, for the sake of his kids, until last son graduated from JU (as star QB)
8) first time with UF $ money to attract top assisstant coaches (old teammate Emmitt Smith for RB-coach)
9) 1st time with big scholarships to recruit with
11) too long since we had an HC that bleeds orange & blue
12) contacts & keeps Corral
13) UF = his dream dream-job
14) becomes game-attendance magnet for past Gator Greats
15) only hire who possibly would accept minimal buyout
16) only hire accepting it as possible short-term performance-determined interim or permanent

Given the chance, I don't believe Bell will disappoint. For Bell-GatorNation, Spurrier gets rejuvenated, I bet.
Not given a chance, any of those negatives fired are powder-wet bullets.

Gulfstream

Founding Member
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
If Frost fails.

Bell-ringing plusses:
1) No greater Gator winning desire.
2) no better understanding of UGa LOCP rivalry.
3) no bigger FSU hate
4) no better QB coach/developer
5) great skull sessions with Spurrier
6) superb OC (Spurrier-like)
7) got covered up & forgot by staying at JU, for the sake of his kids, until last son graduated from JU (as star QB)
8) first time with UF $ money to attract top assisstant coaches (old teammate Emmitt Smith for RB-coach)
9) 1st time with big scholarships to recruit with
11) too long since we had an HC that bleeds orange & blue
12) contacts & keeps Corral
13) UF = his dream dream-job
14) becomes game-attendance magnet for past Gator Greats
15) only hire who possibly would accept minimal buyout
16) only hire accepting it as possible short-term performance-determined interim or permanent

Given the chance, I don't believe Bell will disappoint. For Bell-GatorNation, Spurrier gets rejuvenated, I bet.
Not given a chance, any of those negatives fired are powder-wet bullets.

Cannot like enough doc. I want someone who wants to be at IF period.

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
I want to see a Gator Great come home and win big. I just have no idea if KB is the right answer. If we don’t get Frost or Norvell, does KB fit into the next tier of candidates?
Why is it that we have to "settle" for a second tier coach? I remember when UF was thought of as a destination school.
Now we can't seem to attract anyone other than the likes of Zook/Chumpie/or Butters.
Remember when Foley fired Chump and we thought we were on our way. Butters shows up pretending to be some sort of an
offensive guru, and he turns out to be worse than Chumpie. I shudder to think where this thing might end up.
I hear that they are talking about Mack Brown!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator