Kerwin is in trouble

Dec 10, 2014
PatDooleySucks;n248866 said:
Hall taught him well, but not well enough to not get caught.

This is what I said.

[QUOTE='78;n248959]Your memory for history is at best skewed.[/QUOTE]

This is what you said.

[QUOTE='78;n249020]Apparently you didn't either because you referred to Hall giving money to "players" instead of how it actually was, a player.[/QUOTE]

Now you're turning it into this (which is not the full context of the of the scandal as I correctly pointed out).

[QUOTE='78;n249020]The sarcastic context you applied in suggesting Hall hadn't taught Bell well because he got caught cheating was unwarranted and out of proportion.[/QUOTE]

What I pointed out, and what you got your panties in wad about is the truth. Stop being a :wobble:

[QUOTE='78;n249020]In fact, the NCAA rule on coaching caps was later found to be in violation of federal anti-trust law.[/QUOTE]

Yet that doesn't change that it was a rule that applied to everybody and was part of the cheating that I so much "skewed."

Attachments

• conv_3784.gif
    conv_3784.gif
    3.5 MB · Views: 36

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n249024 said:
This is what I said.

This is what you said.

Now you're turning it into this (which is not the full context of the of the scandal as I correctly pointed out).

What I pointed out, and what you got your panties in wad about is the truth. Stop being a :wobble:

Yet that doesn't change that it was a rule that applied to everybody and was part of the cheating that I so much "skewed."

Lol, getting a bit defensive, are we? I'd love to know what kind of law you practice, having now been exposed to a heavy does of your sanctimoniousness. THE RULES ARE THE RULES! WE MUST PROTECT THE INTEGRITY OF THE GAME! I wonder how much Hall's teams benefited on the field from this vile act of impropriety? Sorry, but even by your standards, this is all a bit of a reach.

Dec 10, 2014
[QUOTE='78;n249043]

Lol, getting a bit defensive, are we? I'd love to know what kind of law you practice, having now been exposed to a heavy does of your sanctimoniousness. THE RULES ARE THE RULES! WE MUST PROTECT THE INTEGRITY OF THE GAME! I wonder how much Hall's teams benefited on the field from this vile act of impropriety? Sorry, but even by your standards, this is all a bit of a reach.[/QUOTE]

I'm not arguing morality of what he did. I'm arguing he cheated, which is the truth and what you took umbrage to. As a side, it's my humble opinion that your original response was what was "sanctimonious"

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n249044 said:
I'm not arguing morality of what he did. I'm arguing he cheated, which is the truth and what you took umbrage to. As a side, it's my humble opinion that your original response was what was "sanctimonious"

He gave the kid something like $50 to help cover legal expenses in child support litigation. He went into his own pocket to help out a couple of assistants. I'm not intimately familiar with the rules governing assistants compensation, but I'm guessing he could have likely lobbied Arnsparger or Carr, whomever was the AD at the time, for financial support for the coaches. More than anything, I'm arguing on behalf of context. Cheating is an act of dishonesty aimed at gaining some sort of advantage. These were rules infractions but hardly what I would call acts of cheating.

banjomanrb3

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
In fairness to Bell, the NCAA stated that the violations were committed by the administration and that the football program was not involved. Wish I could recall the article so that I may link it.

Dec 10, 2014
[QUOTE='78;n249055]These were rules infractions but hardly what I would call acts of cheating.[/QUOTE]

A message board is not the place for splitting hairs or establishing a subjective perspective.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
FatCatG8r;n248978 said:
Ummm... Bell graduated after the '85 season and was not on the roster for the Hall violation. But that's just MHO.
Say what?
oooooogurl-.gif

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
PatDooleySucks;n249044 said:
As a side, it's my humble opinion that your original response was what was "sanctimonious"

False. Nothing you write is humble in any sense of the word.

PatDooleySucks;n249279 said:
A message board is not the place for splitting hairs or establishing a subjective perspective.

True. As witnessed daily. Too true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.