Kids these days will never know….

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I thought it was interesting watching the white guy on the left (and I think his family was Slavic based on his one comment)... you can see him trying to press the idea that "he's not racist, he acts the same towards EVERYONE" on the black guy, but realizes it ain't getting through and the black guy still sees "racist only", and backs off pushing things. It was also funny watching him trying to hold in his laughter due to wanting to seem serious/PC. Sad.
I didn’t make it too far into it before I was seeing ‘virtue back patting’ taking place.

But that is correct, Archie’s character was the group racist (the southern racist) vs the individual racist (yankee racist).

I don’t know if the group racist is a racist but rather a cultirist.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Reminds me of "Space 1999"... which now has me thinking about other obscure, bad "TV shows of last resort" (defined as: you only have 6 or so total channels, and not a god damn thing is on, so you gotta pick... kind of like walking into a room full of uglies... some girl in the room is the best looking one!) back then, like Land of the Giants where I remember them having to fight off a house cat with a sewing needle! :lol:

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
My mother and I have a strained relationship to this day because of her insistence of cooking beef liver once a week. Would often pair it with bitter Brussel Sprouts. “Eat everything on your plate” was the rule. It’d take a whole bottle of ketchup to choke it down. It’s a wonder I’m not a mass murderer as a result. At least at the K-Mart diner they probably had a sprig of parsley to make it look classy.
IMG_9924.jpeg

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
That looks really good. I love liver and onions. We couldn't afford that sort of high class cuisine. Had to settle for broil snapper, fried mullet, fried oyster, and fried shrimp. Oh, fried flounder and ham fresh from the country.
forrest gump cooking GIF

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator