Killer instinct missing

BigClawsBrother

Lifetime Member
Mar 26, 2017
Mullen doesn’t have it and never will. He constantly plays to seniority or favorites over the more talented player or coach for that matter. We constantly lose to teams we should blowout and stick with good teams. He plays down to his competition. If we do manage to get a lead he takes his foot off the gas. I’m so pissed and embarrassed were paying this guy 7 MIL a year and we go Kentucky and put that kind of performance on the board. What about the amount of penalties? I miss coaches with killer instinct. Spurrier would tell the opposing coach before the game he was going to **** him. However what the opposing coach didn’t know is that he was going to also **** his wife and ultimately his mother before the game was through. Sorry for the rant I just miss the killer instinct. We as a program are soft currently.

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
Put your best player in first and goal from 5 and you at a min force OT. How do these coaches get paid $1 is beyond me

Slug

I fcuking hate people.
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2014
Can something be missing if it were never there in the first place?

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
1st and goal from the 5 turned into 4th and goal from like the 11 or some shyt.

Had he had AR15 Tebow 4 straight plays we tie the game. You got a 6'4" 240 pound bull and you don't use him in a must have scenario? Dan wasn't too proud to do that when he was our OC with Tebow, why won't he do that now? Its not that I like the QB power dive, I hate it honestly, but damn you telling me AR15 wouldn't consistently move the ball forward? We had 4 plays to move the ball 5 yards.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

Had he had AR15 Tebow 4 straight plays we tie the game. You got a 6'4" 240 pound bull and you don't use him in a must have scenario? Dan wasn't too proud to do that when he was our OC with Tebow, why won't he do that now? Its not that I like the QB power dive, I hate it honestly, but damn you telling me AR15 wouldn't consistently move the ball forward? We had 4 plays to move the ball 5 yards.
bc Dan wasn't making the decisions. Urban was.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018

Honestly, he should have a package where they are both in the game at the same time in the red zone.

Last edited:

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Honestly, he should have a package where they are both in the game at the same time on the in the red zone.
In the past he made a claim that he has such a package. I guess he is saving that for something more important than getting embarrassed by Kentucky.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
His lack of "killer instinct" is not what bother's me the most about him. What bothers me is his complete lack of self awareness, and never taking responsibility for anything he does. The buck never stops with him. It is always the player's fault, the crowd's fault, the other team's fault for wanting to win, etc. He on the other hand is a genius that can do no wrong.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
His lack of "killer instinct" is not what bother's me the most about him. What bothers me is his complete lack of self awareness, and never taking responsibility for anything he does. The buck never stops with him. It is always the player's fault, the crowd's fault, the other team's fault for wanting to win, etc. He on the other hand is a genius that can do no wrong.

Agreed. Lack of killer instinct is just one of the many flaws Cousin Eddie has. That list is very very long.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

There’s something special about going organic. Just like Spurrier approached the game differently here, Smart does as well. I really wish we had a former player that was on that path, but I don’t see one at the moment. Manuel, Schottenheimer(his year in athens really kills that for me), and Bell are the only ones and none are ready. It’s too bad someone like Palmer, Grossman, or DW didn’t get into coaching.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We also need an athletic department who is committed to winning and providing every advantage to the next coach.

It's so fuchsing foolhardy to "save" a million dollars on support staff then have the swamp empty out again and lose $30-50 million over a year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.