Kyle Trask to start against Kentucky?

How would you grade the Gators in Week 2?

• A

Votes: 18 12.9%
  • B

Votes: 88 63.3%
  • C

Votes: 30 21.6%
  • D

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • F

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I had hoped Trask would take advantage of this social justice stuff and show up with @Swamp Donkey on the back his jersey. That would be the ultimate troll job.
Do you reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally think any of these kids GAF about old dudes on the internet? The average age here is like 78.5 years.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
There isn't a single doubt in my mind, NOT ONE, that Trask would have a better game than Franks if they both played a full game against the same opponent. Trask is a better passer than Franks, period. Neither one of them run well enough to be a fit in this offense....period. I was willing to see if Franks took a step forward on the field this year but so far it's painfully obvious he has not. Teams will be selling out to stop the run all season, and I don't blame them.
:proud:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I remember telling the donk that Trask was a much better passer than Franks. He would scoff and say that anyone can look good against air.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Trask? Dude had a pretty TD pass but the dropped pick six he threw was worse than the Franks pick last week. No pressure, double clutched, threw directly to UTM with no Gator in sight. Hard pass on him. Franks is way better.
:orly:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
With that said, Trask seems to be good for a turnover or two a game after seeing his horrible throw in the O&B game and then repeated against UTM. My first look at him during UTM made me remember him as hesitant on a lot of his throws but I rewatched and it wasn't as bad as I thought. Taking the perspective of where he came from, I imagine he isn't used to be the #1 and when he gets in the game he might freakout a bit initially. Maybe he calms down and goes to work ... maybe he Bentleys. He has a great arm and looks athletic enough to burn a D that gives him space. He looks like he could be a Burrows or a Bentley.
Kudos.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
so with a year on the field, wearing a “sack me” jersey....Trask is still making the throws. If only to prove you WRONG.
Should I remind everyone that you "liked" Knox's post about the stupidity of this thread? You were just as wrong on Trask, it seems.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Should I remind everyone that you "liked" Knox's post about the stupidity of this thread? You were just as wrong on Trask, it seems.

This thread IS stupid, like a lot of stuff on this forum and others. You want to try and make me feel dumb for giving a like you'll have to wait in a very long line of bigger, dumber things I've done.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
I remember telling the donk that Trask was a much better passer than Franks. He would scoff and say that anyone can look good against air.

Well, Trask looked like he was throwing against air last night. Not sure I have ever seen anyone on fire like that, not even Leak in the MNC game.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
My control panel shows you edited your preview to say that in October of last year. Nice try, though.

Right...:jerkit:

Also, I love in there how I wrote imagine averaging 225 yards passing for a season...that's how low the bar was at the time.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I've been pulling for Trask for a loooooong time. Let's see what I can find.

In a thread on Putu
Great story. I've been thrilled to have him since I first heard about him when we offered. Of all of this year's entrants, I'll be pulling for him the hardest. ...him and Trask.

I hope he affects others on the team with a sense of hard work, determination and gratitude. (Lookin' at you Cleveland and Wells)

Lol. Wells reference waaaaay back then.

Cover's B & P Kentucky Thread from 2016 - suggestions for a swag bag
10. Deluxe Set of Central Florida Auto Trader & Real Estate periodicals
11. Gattorchatter.com t-shirt and decal
12. Free admission for each player and 4 guests to Gattorchatter.com auto show where they will see, at a minimum, a cherry Miata and Corvette, other entrants tba.
13. Model piper aircraft and 1 gallon of Florida grapefruit juice, natural, not from concentrate.
14. Brochure from Visit Florida.
15. Autographed miniature basketball (Noah, Horford, Brewer), full-sized baseball (Tebow), and miniature football (Trask)
16. Three-pack Holiday Inn® travel-size shampoo, conditioner, lotion.

Who needs Stidham?
I'm interested to see if he plays at Auburn and if they run the ball as much as they have in the past or if they change the offense to use his arm talent more.

Stidham knew he couldn't beat out Trask. #Trask4Heisman2017

Maheo gets a dart and a laurel for this one.
Mac will lead us to glory. Those 3 stars will play like 5 stars. Even Law will become a Trask believer. It's going to happen. Hallelujah!!!

Toney at QB? Please...
Trask shows Michigan how it's done in his home state of Texas! Then the next Redshirt Freshman Heisman Trophy winner's march begins!!

:stars::sohappy::stars:

Missouri 2018
I'm glad to see Trask. He looks like a quality QB when passing!

TD Trask!!

Nov 2018
I don't know what we'll see. It seems clear that Trask is a better passer. Franks has hurt us as much or more as he helped us when running, so I can't see Trask being a big downgrade there. I sure hope he's got a better head on his shoulders and has the playbook down.

I agree with Rog, if he doesn't start, I would expect (and hope) there's a quicker trigger to pull Franks in the future.

I wanted Trask from the get go this year. ...if nothing else it would have really steamed some punk posters here while showing they're more hat than cattle. That being said, Mullen had Franks playing better earlier in the year than he is now. ...and while some of it is being able to mask Frank's weaknesses, that's not all of it. Franks has regressed.

Here's to hoping Trask gets his first start since Pop Warner and leads the Gators to win out for the rest of the season!

:chomp: :chomp: :chomp:

...same thread...
No.

There could be myriad reasons to roll with Franks first. He does have physical tools that are fantastic. Mullen was clearly bringing Franks along slowly, building his confidence and protecting him and fostering his success through scheme and play design. It seems reasonable to give Franks a chance to prove he can grow with proper development.

It's also true that Franks was executing better earlier in the year than he is now. ...even against good competition. I'm also confident that Mullen does know more about the relative strengths and weaknesses of the QB's. Franks may excel in areas that Trask and Jones don't. I believe Mullen will have all of the advantages and disadvantages of being close to the situation. ...better knowledge of what's really going on (especially in light of plays called and what each QB can do with them) and being 'too close to the situation.'

I don't think Jones is ready, based mostly on what Mullen said last week about knowing the offense. If you have the base offense down, then only the new installations each week are new to you. If you don't know the base offense, then more of it is new to you and you're at a disadvantage. Certainly some of this is due to Jones not getting second team reps all season and some of it is due to him being a first year player.

As fans, this seems like a much simpler decision than for the people actually leading the team and the QBs. ...and the simple perspective (in sports, politics, relationships, etc.) always makes one feel confident that the solution is easy. Having said that, I would rather Trask start against USCe.

:proud:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator