Lack of Talent?

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
3rd in long n teams know all they gotta do is isolate Dean, Miller, Burney and a number of others on one of their better wrs n they got a big play.
As a DC you can only do so much with that many weak links in the chain

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I can understand this defense being not very good. What I can't understand is it being DEAD last in the country on 3rd down. That's not the players at that point, it's coaching. Plain and simple.
I gotta disagree. An accomplishment like that takes a team effort.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Let's not forget who the retard was that was evaluating the vast majority of the players currently on the team.

I could careless about the "rankings". These kids don't pass the eyeball test. If you've gotten to this level it's because you already knew how to cover and tackle to some degree.
These kids have NEVER shown that.
Many were failures before they got here, and Dipschit Dan loved that about them. Made him feel more at home :lol:

You can keep trying to frame the conversation however you want, I really don't care. I've already stated to you I'm not an Xs and Os guy, and have never claimed to be...but most of these players suck. Even you haven't denied that entirely yet

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
If we did, I can say with certainty that AR more than likely missed him

Plus, when they guy was on the field, you could feel his presence like oh s hit, they got a stud, do you feel that with ANY of our guys?

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Past rankings are pointless. But you knew that.
They are no guarantee. And the coaches evaluation of such has everything to do with it. But you knew that too.

Once again you must divert the conversation in order to pat yourself on the back.

And once again my comments about lack of talent on the team does not negate your comments about coaching staffs or strategy.
I'm simply not playing into your bullschit...because, well...it's bullschit.

We do? Outside of LB Miller who is legit NFL talent?
Maybe Dexter? Who else?

You continue to act like this team is stacked when it couldn't be further from the truth

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
"IF" we did, "SHOULD" be able, lots of hypotheticals in your post. Not sure how you expect an answer

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
We all like Miller for his heart, but I cant say he's getting drafted in the first 4 rds.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I said pointless, not useless. Because at this point in time, they no longer matter.
Are you really trying to argue that Mullen had great classes the last couple of years? I wouldn't call them great.
Recruiting rankings only hold any value when they occur. They are no guarantee they are a snapshot in time.

Yea maybe Dex as in...not much after that.

Sorry, 5 or 6 good players does not make a team...no matter how hard you try to say it does.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Let me state it again.

I'm not negating your comments about coaching staff or strategy. This isn't complicated

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
So many times last night I saw LBs creeping toward the line to blitz AR. We were in a 4 wide set and D is showing cover 2.

Why isn't one of the slots running a skinny post to the middle. Their LB is is at 3 yards and won't get back to the middle quick enough. Instead I saw them run a go route against a safety 12 yards deep.

That is failure to adjust pre snap. No checks, no hot reads, nothing.

These MFers get paid millions to do this. If I were 15 years younger, I would sell my practice and go the coaching route. I don't want to call plays or necessarily be a head coach, but given enough time, I can expand my playbook by 100 pages and keep it simple enough a dummy can understand it. FTR, I took Clemsons playbkok circa 2011 from a former player of Dabos, threw out the terminology, and installed half it in 3 days to a JV squad.

I earned my stripes coaching 6 year olds in flag football. If you can teach them at that level, you can teach ANY level.

I have coached with former NFL players, D 1 qb and OLs, numerous d 2 players, and while they can teach technique at individual positions, not many can teach scheme where people understaDabo,

Example. Our QB coach several years ago was a D1 QB who is in his schools hall of fame and 2 time POY. We tried to install his teams passing g off at a high school. The gst is its 4 numbers left to right. So the call would be 13/18 where the left side would run the 13 package and right would run 18. This combo package went all the into the 60s and he expected a hs kid to remember 60 different route combos and at 4 different positions. So, 240 options.

I took a 9 route tree and gave each a number. Now, we can run 9,999 different route combos and all anyone has to remember is 9 route possibilities. Then when you take playside and backside primary look,, because let's admit it, a good NFL qb isn't getting past the 3rd read, focus on one side of the field. The other side is backside. Backside rules could be whatever, but I liked the deep dig and a drag by the slot. QB focuses playside 2 routes, if not there, checks to the drag or deep dig.

The last year I coached with these guys after implementing this, we could run plays in real time in less than 5 seconds from the spot.

Did college teams for qb runs and pro teams for rb runs. City was to the right, mascot to the left. If the caught on, switched to hot and cold.

Its not hard, but most coaches aren't smart and want to make it hard to appear smart.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
We have talent. We lack coaching and execution.
Napier didn't really do a lot of housecleaning on the team. A few guys were pushed out, but not one of these defensive guys were. Implying he felt he could work with their talent. If they're pushed out at the end of the year then he thinks it is talent. If he gets rid of Toney it is coaching.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So many times last night I saw LBs creeping toward the line to blitz AR. We were in a 4 wide set and D is showing cover 2.

Why isn't one of the slots running a skinny post to the middle. Their LB is is at 3 yards and won't get back to the middle quick enough. Instead I saw them run a go route against a safety 12 yards deep.

That is failure to adjust pre snap. No checks, no hot reads, nothing.

These MFers get paid millions to do this. If I were 15 years younger, I would sell my practice and go the coaching route. I don't want to call plays or necessarily be a head coach, but given enough time, I can expand my playbook by 100 pages and keep it simple enough a dummy can understand it. FTR, I took Clemsons playbkok circa 2011 from a former player of Dabos, threw out the terminology, and installed half it in 3 days to a JV squad.

I earned my stripes coaching 6 year olds in flag football. If you can teach them at that level, you can teach ANY level.

I have coached with former NFL players, D 1 qb and OLs, numerous d 2 players, and while they can teach technique at individual positions, not many can teach scheme where people understaDabo,

Example. Our QB coach several years ago was a D1 QB who is in his schools hall of fame and 2 time POY. We tried to install his teams passing g off at a high school. The gst is its 4 numbers left to right. So the call would be 13/18 where the left side would run the 13 package and right would run 18. This combo package went all the into the 60s and he expected a hs kid to remember 60 different route combos and at 4 different positions. So, 240 options.

I took a 9 route tree and gave each a number. Now, we can run 9,999 different route combos and all anyone has to remember is 9 route possibilities. Then when you take playside and backside primary look,, because let's admit it, a good NFL qb isn't getting past the 3rd read, focus on one side of the field. The other side is backside. Backside rules could be whatever, but I liked the deep dig and a drag by the slot. QB focuses playside 2 routes, if not there, checks to the drag or deep dig.

The last year I coached with these guys after implementing this, we could run plays in real time in less than 5 seconds from the spot.

Did college teams for qb runs and pro teams for rb runs. City was to the right, mascot to the left. If the caught on, switched to hot and cold.

Its not hard, but most coaches aren't smart and want to make it hard to appear smart.
This guy gets it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator