Last Night was the Coaches Fault

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
UF barely beat a slightly better than average team end of last season, and they barely beat them yesterday. I really isn't all that shocking. I am not sure why we would rationally expect for this group to get so dramatically better in such short order. Again, people get deceived by the first throw away game.

As I have said, at least now I can see some potential bright spots going forward.

Most people expected somewhere around 7 or 8 wins this year (and we have won 2 already), which means a slightly better than average team. It always kills me when people make these predictions, but then when the team plays to that level fans completely melt down. A 7 to 8 win team is going to look pretty spotty at times.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
:facepalm: Suck it up Francis. This is GatorChatter, not VolNation. These coaches are doing everything to get the WM stench out of this group. Some things take time, this is one of those things.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n278026 said:
The telling comment in your post is how you're comparing our roster of Division 1 football players to 8th grade girls softball. :lol:

Yeah, GatorTag, I knew I was leaving myself open for that but hell, it's Sunday and I missed my 9PM bedtime last nite.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n278027]

He's got a sharp tongue. I know I wasn't ready for it. I wonder how ready the players or media were. He came across like Mr. Laid-Back Congenial all year long until the opening kick. We're now finding out just how intense he is as a coach. [/QUOTE]
Yeah, I've been telling Aaron all along that he is a smiling "hard ass" as opposed to his mentor Saban who is an unsmiling "hard ass."

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n278036 said:
Yeah, right now we have one too hot and one too cold. Grier's skillset is clearly what Mac wants (and, frankly, what I prefer out of a QB)

I think so too. Actually, he runs as well as Treon too, just not quite as apt to and shifty even though as fast.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n278064 said:
:facepalm: Suck it up Francis. This is GatorChatter, not VolNation. These coaches are doing everything to get the WM stench out of this group. Some things take time, this is one of those things.
you got that right, and it's kind of like cat piss, almost impossible to eradicate.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n278013 said:
Don't go full retard. They are out there doing battle with a bunch of other 300 lb athletes. Of course, they get tired. Rotating DL is a hallmark of Saban's defenses and most other decent coaches.

Step off the ledge.

And of course one of the keys to our NC teams as well.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Everyone played. Mac is still trying to evaluate talent and see who his gamers are. He got a ton of tape last night. We saw Robinson respond. Cronkrite played pretty well again. Fullwood showed improvement to me. I saw a lot of freshmen playing on the OLine. Lot of PT on the DLine. Bryan had some good plays. VH3 didn't play at all, but we saw his leadership on the sideline.

ECU is not a bad team. Better than Vandy and maybe better the KY. Are they Ole Piss or LSU? No, but they are better than most 2nd week teams. Is it what we wanted to see? No, but the coaches have plenty of quality tape to evaluate the players. I imagine that we will see less players next week as players are pushed aside so those that will play can take the reps.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n278090 said:
Everyone played. Mac is still trying to evaluate talent and see who his gamers are. He got a ton of tape last night. We saw Robinson respond. Cronkrite played pretty well again. Fullwood showed improvement to me. I saw a lot of freshmen playing on the OLine. Lot of PT on the DLine. Bryan had some good plays. VH3 didn't play at all, but we saw his leadership on the sideline.

ECU is not a bad team. Better than Vandy and maybe better the KY. Are they Ole Piss or LSU? No, but they are better than most 2nd week teams. Is it what we wanted to see? No, but the coaches have plenty of quality tape to evaluate the players. I imagine that we will see less players next week as players are pushed aside so those that will play can take the reps.

This was the BACK UP ECU quarterback. They were picked 4th in their DIVISION(not conference) BEFORE they lost their starting QB. Let's not go nuts. ECU is at best an average team. Why do we always try to make our opponents better than they really are...especially when we struggle. Been going on since Muschamp days. It's like an automatic defense mechanism now. Oh, ECU can beat UK and USC and Bama. No they cannot.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Macs breakdown was to wake up ALL players and to let them know we wont tolerate average. If it were chump at that microphone (thank god its not) he would have said "its on me" and "we need to put them in a position to win" blah blah. Mac has a HUGE desire to win and to better every single aspect of the game and its surroundings. He will clean this mess up. He is using what was left him. Personally, I see many areas of improvement already. We at least now have a passing game. It needs work but we have it.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n278100 said:
This was the BACK UP ECU quarterback. They were picked 4th in their DIVISION(not conference) BEFORE they lost their starting QB. Let's not go nuts. ECU is at best an average team. Why do we always try to make our opponents better than they really are...especially when we struggle. Been going on since Muschamp days. It's like an automatic defense mechanism now. Oh, ECU can beat UK and USC and Bama. No they cannot.

Cool it Alky - J

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
that-escalated-quickly-anchorman-gif.gif

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n278113 said:
Who said they could beat USC and Bama....

Totally unnecessary. Considering UK just beat USC and you said and I quote "maybe better than UK". If they are better than UK then they should beat USC too. The Bama reference was thrown in to show how ridiculous your statement is/was...the last comment is pathetic.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n278121 said:
Totally unnecessary. Considering UK just beat USC and you said and I quote "maybe better than UK". If they are better than UK then they should beat USC too. The Bama reference was thrown in to show how ridiculous your statement is/was...the last comment is pathetic.

you are ridiculous.....go choke yourself

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator