Last Night was the Coaches Fault

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n278013 said:
Don't go full retard. They are out there doing battle with a bunch of other 300 lb athletes. Of course, they get tired. Rotating DL is a hallmark of Saban's defenses and most other decent coaches.

Go ahead and jump off the ledge.
FIFY

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
MJMGator;n278492 said:
Ok, let me see if I understand this. You want them to pick a QB (Grier) and only play him to build for the future, but you don't want liberal substitutions to allow as many players to get experience as possible. Isn't that building for the future, as well?
I think you and Fever were separated at birth.
?

Where did I say he needed to pick Grier? I'm just pointing out that the poor, sloppy play was due to the coaches wholesale changes throughout the game. And it almost cost us the game. Why is that so preposterous and hard to understand?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n278037 said:
Yeah, it is and they don't play pass defense. But Danny didn't hit the DB between the numbers repeatedly or fumble every game.

Also, I am not that worried about it. I think a 6 or 7 win season will be an outstanding coaching job given what he was left and the injuries you can expect us to have during the season. You guys that declared all the analysts were out to get us and that we are surely a 10 win SEC east contender are the ones now in panic mode.

We have to keep reminding you that WE WON. Everyone with any common sense knew this might be a tight game. Hell, we were only 1 point favorites.

Strange state of affairs when Law is the friggin voice of reason. :lol:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n278503 said:

He had a hundred bucks on the game.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n278501 said:
?

Where did I say he needed to pick Grier? I'm just pointing out that the poor, sloppy play was due to the coaches wholesale changes throughout the game. And it almost cost us the game. Why is that so preposterous and hard to understand?

The poor, sloppy play was because they had a sh*tty, lackluster week of practice that Mac and numerous players have alluded to. Are we really "blaming" Mac for a WIN in his second friggin game? Really? :facepalm:

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
No, last night was Ox's fault; he jinxed us with his Gator/ cross-bones banner. It's amazing that the coaching staff was able to pull us through it and get the W. Now we have to order the shirt and wear it with pride. It will carry us to a national title.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n278503 said:
I'm always the voice of reason. You just sometimes are not ready for it yet.

Seka

Apr 19, 2015
GatorTAG;n277943 said:
I put the sloppy play, penalties and mistakes on the coaches. They are rotating the entire bench in and out of the game. Backups, walk-ons and waterboys wtere playing. They wetre making wholesale changes throughout. They treated this game like a sccrimmage the whole night and didn't take this opponent seriously. No one can get in sync, rythm, or a flow of the game because they in and out. The coaches need to settle on the starters and get them used to playing together as a cohesive unit. It is particularly important that the offensive line work as a set group. How can they trust what the guy next to them is doing if it's a different guy every play? Shuffling 12 receivers in and out, how can Grier be familiar with that many guys? Herndon fumbling, what the hell is he doing in a close game? Washington at DB, why is he even in there? It was just a big, dis-jointed mess all night and they better get it straightened out by next week.

This game was a huge cluster f--k the coaches created and it sucked to watch.

:headscratch:

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
:facepalm: We all know....crappy week of practice = a crappy game. And that lack of preparation is on the players, period. Mac saw it, knew it, and is addressing it. WM would have shat the bed and lost to ECU.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I do wonder what the coaches did when so many came unprepared, and who tapes them up. If you see poor practice you really should correct it immediately, unless you want to allow a message to be sent to the team.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Agree Vulcan, but something tells me after Saturday night Mac now fully has the teams ear. I also have a strong feeling that we will see a much different team next weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
GatorTAG;n277943 said:
I put the sloppy play, penalties and mistakes on the coaches. They are rotating the entire bench in and out of the game. Backups, walk-ons and waterboys wtere playing. They wetre making wholesale changes throughout. They treated this game like a sccrimmage the whole night and didn't take this opponent seriously. No one can get in sync, rythm, or a flow of the game because they in and out. The coaches need to settle on the starters and get them used to playing together as a cohesive unit. It is particularly important that the offensive line work as a set group. How can they trust what the guy next to them is doing if it's a different guy every play? Shuffling 12 receivers in and out, how can Grier be familiar with that many guys? Herndon fumbling, what the hell is he doing in a close game? Washington at DB, why is he even in there? It was just a big, dis-jointed mess all night and they better get it straightened out by next week.

This game was a huge cluster f--k the coaches created and it sucked to watch.

I was thinking the same thing. I felt like there was no way that the RBs, QBs, and WRs could get into a rhythm to make plays. However I did see some questionable play calling that I didn't like especially down in the Red Zone. I honestly think that this is what we needed to get better and I loved how Coach Mac went off on Taylor and the rest of the team after that throat slash. Plus his post game comments were very good. I loved the part about entitlement attitude and life only gives you a few opportunities. I think that will make the lights go off in these kids heads and change the way some of them think...I hope.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TN G8tr;n278554 said:
:facepalm: We all know....crappy week of practice = a crappy game. And that lack of preparation is on the players, period. Mac saw it, knew it, and is addressing it. WM would have shat the bed and lost to ECU.

Both good points. If Muschamp was still our coach, we probably would have lost this game. It's easy to criticize a coach the next day, but let's see how the team responds this week and on Saturday against KY. If the team has a good week of practice and then plays smarter and more focused on Saturday, then Mac did an excellent job coaching 2 days ago. It's definitely premature to be complaining about the coaches right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator