Lemons Decommits, then REcommits, then REdecommits

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
I think they should take the word "commitment" out of recruiting vocabulary.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't quite understand how publicly de-committing will help a high profile "focus" on anything.?.?. Seems like he just opened the door for every college in the country to turn up the heat in recruiting. Doesn't seem like that'll help him focus on anything but himself. :dunno:

Usually you hear kids saying I wanna go ahead and committ so I can just focus on my season, on grades, on helping my team, etc. In this case it seems the opposite...

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Tough one. Not the end of the world but we're always playing catch up.
It seems that way for the last 4 years. What's disappointing about the state of our recruiting is we are no longer any recruits clear cut #1 right off the bat and that seems to put our coaches in a wait and see mode. I'm sure we'll do ok if were good on the field this year but being 20th at ANY point during the yearly recruiting cycle is not what we need going forward. We need a top 6 or 8 class in the worst sort of way this year. Great coaching and systems can hide a deficiency in talent......however in this conference they'll only bring you short term success, TAMU & Auburn, but you'll end up mediocre without a steady stream of top 5-10 classes....

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
6b403da0bb0ce7ae1133f9b34379eaccb01167df9221e07f30b852bc1da2e758.jpg

giphy.gif

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
It seems that way for the last 4 years. What's disappointing about the state of our recruiting is we are no longer any recruits clear cut #1 right off the bat and that seems to put our coaches in a wait and see mode. I'm sure we'll do ok if were good on the field this year but being 20th at ANY point during the yearly recruiting cycle is not what we need going forward. We need a top 6 or 8 class in the worst sort of way this year. Great coaching and systems can hide a deficiency in talent......however in this conference they'll only bring you short term success, TAMU & Auburn, but you'll end up mediocre without a steady stream of top 5-10 classes....
Great post you hit on everything I worry about under Mac. Everyone thinks Mac is a super genius and can win championships with the talent he is bringing in. We need to step it up big time in recruiting. We're not even close to taking over our own St and that was the 1st thing he talked about when speaking on recruiting.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Great post you hit on everything I worry about under Mac. Everyone thinks Mac is a super genius and can win championships with the talent he is bringing in. We need to step it up big time in recruiting. We're not even close to taking over our own St and that was the 1st thing he talked about when speaking on recruiting.
I can get past the overall ranking somewhat if were filling in voids on the roster and building depth in the short term, DT,LB and TE are in need of major help, but there is no denying that you also need top shelf talent to hoist the hardware in Atlanta. This year will be pivotal in the overall long term(4-5 year) success or failure of this staff regardless of any short term record(last year and this year).

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
So did he decommit? Because he said he would like to. Is he focusing on school, because he said he would like to say he is focusing on school. I bet Mac would like to say there is a scholarship available.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The thick plottens.

@MistaAlderman: Been told that Adarius Lemons is in fact still committed to #UF. He never decommmitted to the staff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator