Let’s Talk Positives

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This time next week, this season will be over and we’ll get a break from watching this sh!t show, until 8/31/24.
Loop Trump GIF

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I'm not going to go into my feelings about this staff again because I've made it obvious that they are under achieving in several areas. I do think it has come to my attention that despite huge holes in areas like defensive secondary and offensive line this team has some bright spots that cannot be denied.

Jackson and Tre could be one of the best WR duos in the country next year. Although Boardingham has disappeared over the last 3 weeks, him and the slow white guy, Hansen are a better than average TE duo. Hansens blocking has improved.

Say what you want about the back end of the defense but the dline has held up their end of the bargain with consistent play. Minus Dez not taking his conditioning seriously there is some quality rotation here and again consistent play minus a stellar pass rush.

Regarding the b!tchfest about RB's and the splitting of carries I have one thing to bring up.....ET is a gifted ball carrier BUT is terrible in pass protection.....I've not seen him make one single pick up in protection this season. That said they are the best duo in the country to start next year.

Since consensus is that we are stuck with the coaching staff next year we'll know by the moves they make in the offseason to address the gaping holes in this team whether or not next year will be a repeat of the last 24 games. My feeling is we should not go beyond the middle of next season to can their asses if things start off the same.

Again, I think that if there is a quality name on the table with interest that move should be immediate but I'm trying to be a realist here.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014

I can almost forgive the poor coverage we see on a regular basis by our secondary as I've become accustomed to it for 5 full seasons now....What I can't forgive is the 3-4 guys we regularly see out there in any given game who have not been coached in tackling WHATSOEVER, and 2 guys in particular that are obviously avoiding tackling/contact altogether.

Tackling in the backend of this defense has been an issue since game one and really even last year but I guarantee there has been no direct actions to correct this mess...none and no one will convince me there has been.

Please fire the secondary coach's ASAP.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
I can almost forgive the poor coverage we see on a regular basis by our secondary as I've become accustomed to it for 5 full seasons now....What I can't forgive is the 3-4 guys we regularly see out there in any given game who have not been coached in tackling WHATSOEVER, and 2 guys in particular that are obviously avoiding tackling/contact altogether.

Tackling in the backend of this defense has been an issue since game one and really even last year but I guarantee there has been no direct actions to correct this mess...none and no one will convince me there has been.

Please fire the secondary coach's ASAP.

What's sad is Corey Raymond is supposed to be one of the best secondary coaches and recruiters in the nation. Remember when BN "stole him" from LSU? Good times.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
What's sad is Corey Raymond is supposed to be one of the best secondary coaches and recruiters in the nation. Remember when BN "stole him" from LSU? Good times.
We've regressed every year back there since 2018 to the point I don't even get upset when I see guys running wide open and making catch's all over the place. What bothers me more seeing them take terrible angles, whiff completely, bounce off a 200# WR, or get hurdled over by a 6'7" white guy....:facepalm: While two 5 stars who have obviously put their health in front of that of the team, and still can't cover continue to get playing time

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.