Let’s Talk Positives

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Well he did get rid of, or encouraged Toney to go after last year, and I think they were real close. So that does give me some hope he'll do something about the o-line coaches after this season.

Yeah and he hired Armstrong. Turns out to not be much improvement.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
I don't care how bad BN. This season is over before it started. It would be absolutely dumb to fire him before securing the incoming class. He gets at least another year and hopefully a couple of top 5 classes before we fire him. Hopefully this is our Zook moment before the next Urban.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I don't care how bad BN. This season is over before it started. It would be absolutely dumb to fire him before securing the incoming class. He gets at least another year and hopefully a couple of top 5 classes before we fire him. Hopefully this is our Zook moment before the next Urban.

Half of our 2006 roster may have been on a different team if the portal had existed back then. Similar to Napier, Zook was a players coach and they were buying him more than the school. I’d also point out that his sell in this class(and the last, and the transition one before that) is rebuilding a program. If we regress in W/L this year, and maybe 2024 as well, what exactly is he selling at that point? His first class of recruits(‘22) could be playing their final games here next season before moving on. Is he still able to sell the rebuild, and are we to believe guys like Smart and Norvell won’t rip that apart?

But back to the original point, the positives for me are that I’ll be traveling the next two weekends and unable to watch, and it looks like I can put a grand in my pocket for selling my fsu tickets.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
This is the right attitude. Napier will get another 1.5 seasons so settle in. Next year will be brutal because of the schedule. So 2025 will be his make or break year. Hopefully, he fills the cupboards before departing.

RivalFlorida

We got weights in fish!
Aug 30, 2018
This is the right attitude. Napier will get another 1.5 seasons so settle in. Next year will be brutal because of the schedule. So 2025 will be his make or break year. Hopefully, he fills the cupboards before departing.
Sounds like, in your view, we have a lot more suffering in store. I pointed out at the end of last season, for which I was skewered, that our coaching was atrocious. The clock management, game management, lack of discipline, and ****ty play calling got worse as the year unfolded. Then, aside from a few nice recruits, our ranking was no better last year than in prior years. After losing Rashada, we finished at McElwain level ranking. After the second signing day, we could clearly see that Billy wasn't getting it. As in, I better make a few coaching changes to right the ship. He was fortunate that the ****ty DC left to go to the NFL, but that retard didn't use that fortune to invest in a competent DC. He picked low hanging fruit that was not nearly ripe.

For me, I go back to that Mizzou game a year ago when the half was ending and Mizzou was scrambling. They had no timeouts. Mizzou wanted to set up a field goal and what did numb nuts do. He called a time out for them, giving them time to set up for a field goal. In my mind, that had to be one of the stupidest things I have ever seen in football. Fast forward to this year, 2 #3s on the field, a 4th down play call in the Georgia game that an idiot would make, and the screwed up field goal at the end of this game.

It is mind-numbing that this guy has a cadre of assistants but is such a ****ty coach.

This can't go another 1.5 years. By this time next year, no matter how hard the schedule, Billy is toast.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Keeping a coach for optics (“can’t fire coaches every 2-3 years”) or for a recruiting class that hasn’t signed yet is asinine.

That said, we’re getting him back for 2024 so might as well accept it and hope for the best :lol:

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
Will be interesting to see how he defends himself and the program when we are sub 500 next year. Should make for some delicious coach speak

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Keeping a coach for optics (“can’t fire coaches every 2-3 years”) or for a recruiting class that hasn’t signed yet is asinine.

That said, we’re getting him back for 2024 so might as well accept it and hope for the best :lol:
Unless they have an Ace replacement, he isn't getting fired this year.

There's no doubt in my mind that they don't have an ace replacement. In fact, I doubt they are even considering it.
It's not going to happen.
He's our coach next year no matter what.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Unless they have an Ace replacement, he isn't getting fired this year.

There's no doubt in my mind that they don't have an ace replacement. In fact, I doubt they are even considering it.
It's not going to happen.
He's our coach next year no matter what.

Wonder if Stricklin gets the boot at the end of the year. Will tell me a lot about Sasse and how serious he is about our athletic dept

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
It ain't happening. :lol:

Believe Angels In The Outfield GIF

BeachGator

Mar 10, 2018
Sure do miss Cover2’s game analysis this week. What he is dealing with is way more important than trying to analyze the shyt show we were exposed to yesterday. But none the less, his words are missed.
Next week it is Saturday night in Death Valley. That may well be a game that deserves to be skipped If for no other reason than to keep Cover2 on the path to recovery.
Cover, selfishly we would liked to have had your writeup this week, but your recovery is more important at this point. Here’s hoping for a speedy recovery.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
Half of our 2006 roster may have been on a different team if the portal had existed back then. Similar to Napier, Zook was a players coach and they were buying him more than the school. I’d also point out that his sell in this class(and the last, and the transition one before that) is rebuilding a program. If we regress in W/L this year, and maybe 2024 as well, what exactly is he selling at that point? His first class of recruits(‘22) could be playing their final games here next season before moving on. Is he still able to sell the rebuild, and are we to believe guys like Smart and NorveLLLL won’t rip that apart?

But back to the original point, the positives for me are that I’ll be traveling the next two weekends and unable to watch, and it looks like I can put a grand in my pocket for selling my fsu tickets.

Don't give em a reason to transfer. I imagine an elite recruiter head coach like Urban would have kept most of the class after being hired even if we had the portal at that time.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Don't give em a reason to transfer. I imagine an elite recruiter head coach like Urban would have kept most of the class after being hired even if we had the portal at that time.

I just think that a new coach, with new demands and style is always a recipe for defections. In the case of Meyer, it was reported that after his initial team meeting, Crowder walked out of the room and said I’m out of here. Logically, if a coach has brought in sufficient talent, and simply isn’t winning, then he’s not getting the most out of the players. So the next guy is going to likely be a lot harder on them then they have been used to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator