Let’s Talk Positives

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
I sent Urban an email and told him I have some pull with Chatter. I pretty much guaranteed him everybodys Oxbucks that have ever been issued and I think he might be interested. I went out on a limb and promised enough rolaids for the next 5 years so you guys may have to help me out on that one. I think we can pull it off.

We can up the ante with a 3D printed replica of himself. Useful as a stand in if the questions get tough or as an alibi to combat a wrongful video

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
Sounds like, in your view, we have a lot more suffering in store. I pointed out at the end of last season, for which I was skewered, that our coaching was atrocious. The clock management, game management, lack of discipline, and ****ty play calling got worse as the year unfolded. Then, aside from a few nice recruits, our ranking was no better last year than in prior years. After losing Rashada, we finished at McElwain level ranking. After the second signing day, we could clearly see that Billy wasn't getting it. As in, I better make a few coaching changes to right the ship. He was fortunate that the ****ty DC left to go to the NFL, but that retard didn't use that fortune to invest in a competent DC. He picked low hanging fruit that was not nearly ripe.

For me, I go back to that Mizzou game a year ago when the half was ending and Mizzou was scrambling. They had no timeouts. Mizzou wanted to set up a field goal and what did numb nuts do. He called a time out for them, giving them time to set up for a field goal. In my mind, that had to be one of the stupidest things I have ever seen in football. Fast forward to this year, 2 #3s on the field, a 4th down play call in the Georgia game that an idiot would make, and the screwed up field goal at the end of this game.

It is mind-numbing that this guy has a cadre of assistants but is such a ****ty coach.

This can't go another 1.5 years. By this time next year, no matter how hard the schedule, Billy is toast.
It's attitudes likes his that have cost us the past 13 years wandering around in the desert of irrelevancy.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
I just think that a new coach, with new demands and style is always a recipe for defections. In the case of Meyer, it was reported that after his initial team meeting, Crowder walked out of the room and said I’m out of here. Logically, if a coach has brought in sufficient talent, and simply isn’t winning, then he’s not getting the most out of the players. So the next guy is going to likely be a lot harder on them then they have been used to.
Don't forget we also live in the age of NIL. Most of the highly talented recruits are probably going to have stipulations in their agreements to stick around to continue to receive $$$.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Don't give em a reason to transfer. I imagine an elite recruiter head coach like Urban would have kept most of the class after being hired even if we had the portal at that time.
He would love to come back and salvage his reputation as a coach and as a Gator.
But, we would only get him for a few years before he short circuits again.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Anything can happen over the next three games but statistically, we probably go 0-3. If the games play out like everyone thinks, they will be humiliating.

The one positive that I look forward to, as I did with Muschamp, is watching the coach melt down at every presser.

Mullen was a real coach (sec exp) while Muschamp, Mcelwain, and Billy are imposters. They sweet talked their way into a job they had no business taking since the AD was looking for a father figure/friend and didn't care about football.

Seeing them squirm and sweat under the bright light of accountability is awesome. Billy is already there with his "it's not my job to preach patience" moment. It's only going to get better. With Billy being the intellectual equivalent of Forrest Gump, anything can happen! He may even throw a shoe at Mark Long

forrest gump GIF

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
He is right, how can you teach patience to a class that wants everything now. We are the fkcnnn FLORIDA GATORS and we are entitled to football greatness. SOS and later urban showed us how easy it is to do. But that was then and this is now. Now Just throw tons of money at coaches, kids and facilities. They will come. And if your talent on the field is much less than the opponent that has NOTHING to do with it. It means you are stupid and cannot coach or find good coaches. Lets reboot again for the 5th time. It is surely the solution. Hire, cry, fire, hire cry fire. Hire cry fire. IF ONLY the power structure knew about this haven of football brilliance and knowledge and would tap into it. The Sabans and Kirbys would hide and cower from our dominance.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
He is right, how can you teach patience to a class that wants everything now. We are the fkcnnn FLORIDA GATORS and we are entitled to football greatness. SOS and later urban showed us how easy it is to do. But that was then and this is now. Now Just throw tons of money at coaches, kids and facilities. They will come. And if your talent on the field is much less than the opponent that has NOTHING to do with it. It means you are stupid and cannot coach or find good coaches. Lets reboot again for the 5th time. It is surely the solution. Hire, cry, fire, hire cry fire. Hire cry fire. IF ONLY the power structure knew about this haven of football brilliance and knowledge and would tap into it. The Sabans and Kirbys would hide and cower from our dominance.

Not one of the head coaches we’ve fired are currently head coaches at P5 programs. One went on to also be fired at ILL, one went on to also be fired at Usce and is an assistant today, one is a middling coach at Central Michigan and one is on TV after being responsible for creating the under-talented roster you’re currently using t in excuse Napier’s missteps. As I’ve said before, UF fans are always wrong, until they’re not.

You know, it’s funny, you never hear about those horrible georgia fans, who became restless under a perennial 9–10 win coach, and wanted to upgrade to take the next step. The guy was hired by miami before he had left the building, and was beloved around the state. Yet no one talks about that. Wonder why? Oh that’s right, their AD actually made the right hire. Amazing how that works. Stop blaming the fans and recognize that the people in charge are making bad hire after bad hire. Facts bear that out.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Billy is already there with his "it's not my job to preach patience" moment.
This is what I was talking about with a CEO having to set expectations with his multiple shareholders/constituencies (e.g., UF admin, your own staff, real money donors, current players, recruits, and yes, FANS." To be successful, you must set expectations, set benchmarks to measure (not necessarily time based, that's dumb, but milestone based), and then begin to deliver. "Return to winning ways" or other vague schit is not any of that.

Yes, Billy, it IS your job to preach patience... but you have to communicate expectation and benchmarks first. He's rapidly losing the narrative on this one.

And yes, it is a given that Stricklin is failing on all of that as well.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Not one of the head coaches we’ve fired are currently head coaches at P5 programs. One went on to also be fired at ILL, one went on to also be fired at Usce and is an assistant today, one is a middling coach at Central Michigan and one is on TV after being responsible for creating the under-talented roster you’re currently using t in excuse Napier’s missteps. As I’ve said before, UF fans are always wrong, until they’re not.

You know, it’s funny, you never hear about those horrible georgia fans, who became restless under a perennial 9–10 win coach, and wanted to upgrade to take the next step. The guy was hired by miami before he had left the building, and was beloved around the state. Yet no one talks about that. Wonder why? Oh that’s right, their AD actually made the right hire. Amazing how that works. Stop blaming the fans and recognize that the people in charge are making bad hire after bad hire. Facts bear that out.
there's less than a zero percent chance that he reads this, and actually understands what you're saying. facedown in a ditch in brooker is no way to go through life.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
At P5 programs, I would guess 75% of the coaching hires end up getting fired. How many leave voluntarily or retire as a HC?

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
This time next week, this season will be over and we’ll get a break from watching this sh!t show, until 8/31/24.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.