Let’s Talk Positives

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
A lot more than these three plays were the difference. I disagree with this completely.
I just listed a bunch of positives and I still think there's a very small chance that Napier could turn this around. But the worst part of the game was the fact that we can't get play calls in on time. On offense and defense. The defense being so late to get play calls in and get lined up was the difference in the game. If we had been quicker at getting the play and getting lined up, I actually think we could've won this game. We are more talented than Utah by quite a bit IMO. Our defense has a chance to be really good if we can get that one problem fixed.
No doubt there were lots of things to point to. This thread was about picking out positives. Not an easy task. My point was of all that went wrong if just these 3 plays had not happened we would have been in a competitive game. There are plenty of threads stating ALL that went wrong.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The single biggest positive I see is that we set the bar so low, it should be easy to get better....... until UT stomps our ASS!

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Not sure where to post this. But this is hilarious.

Another rider on the misery loves company boat! For all the slobber knocking on Kelly and LSU this off-season, that was a horrible coaching performance. I saw many things that looked like us. 4th and less than 1? Lets put the QB 6 yards behind the line and then have him run 7 in front a of an 8 man front..... or suddenly pedestrian play calling inside the 20? LSU while looking more talented than us, did not look like a team ready to dethrone Bama

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I don't mind to pile on while everyone else seems to be piling on UF.

Never liked Kelly at all and think he is more Bullshyt than anything else. Not sure what the rest of the season will look like in Baton Rouge but definitely seems LSU is not the powerhouse many were slobbering over during the offseason. It's only week one and a lot of season to go. Could LSU actually be worse this year than last? Is FSUck actually better?? It could be more of Kelly shytting the bed than NorveLLL actually being better. Who TF knows. We'll know more in a couple of weeks. Geesh, seems like I've been saying this all weekend.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't mind to pile on while everyone else seems to be piling on UF.

Never liked Kelly at all and think he is more Bullshyt than anything else. Not sure what the rest of the season will look like in Baton Rouge but definitely seems LSU is not the powerhouse many were slobbering over during the offseason. It's only week one and a lot of season to go. Could LSU actually be worse this year than last? Is FSUck actually better?? It could be more of Kelly shytting the bed than NorveLLL actually being better. Who TF knows. We'll know more in a couple of weeks. Geesh, seems like I've been saying this all weekend.
And....................... Is anyone listening?

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
And....................... Is anyone listening?
Yes, I know for a fact someone in particular is listening.
I'm in St. Augustine this long weekend and at an unnamed tikki hut/bar/restaurant on the intracoastal sitting under the shadow of the lighthouse and who do I see?
None other than CBN himself. But, oddly enough he is by himself with head resting on hand looking a little down. (ie sad vs mongoloid)
I walk over, two beers in hand, push one of them slightly into his elbow and ask, "What's the matter Coach?"
He snaps his head up and looks at me with this "thanks for the beer" look that is mixed with a startled, bright eyed introspection and stammers out, "Yeah. No. Nothing really".
I insist on pushing the beer into his welcoming hand and sit down without asking and say again, "tell me, what's wrong?"
He quietly replies, "Have you ever heard of a Gatorchatter?"
I smile and nod.
What a therapeutic conversation we had.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The post-Tebow curse seems to live on. We sold our souls to have that generational talent. Nothing has gone right since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator