The D not overrunning our disaster line is a good thing :stirpot:

Go Gators

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Hevesy isn't worried so why should we be. He expects to have 8 ready to play and a grad transfer is coming in the summer.

These guys have had a year to learn the ....
Exactly.

I expect last year to be the worst OL under Hevesy and Mullinz.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Obviously lack of experience is the main issue....but so is depth. I think the first 5 will be good, w/ Heggie possibly an All-SEC type (2nd team maybe?). I think Buchanan will improve w/ a full year of starting experience - and he's put on a few pounds (he played well under 290 last year).

The issue right now is that outside of the top 5 there's only 2 scholarship OL's practicing that aren't true freshman: Gouraige & Moore. Gouraige needs to improve and put on weight - he likely gets some PT and starts a game or two this year (due to lack of depth and/or injuries). Same for Moore - he's been here 3 years now and needs to do something.

Griffin McDowell would very likely have been the #2 Center, but is out due to an injury. He could move into the #2 spot there in the fall if he's not beaten out by one of the true freshman.

Getting a grad transfer will be huge for this OL - could likely start and at a minimum provide excellent depth, which allows some of the younger kids more time to develop.

I think Banks is done, which is a shame. He'd be starting at one of the OT spots right now.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Obviously lack of experience is the main issue....but so is depth. I think the first 5 will be good, w/ Heggie possibly an All-SEC type (2nd team maybe?). I think Buchanan will improve w/ a full year of starting experience - and he's put on a few pounds (he played well under 290 last year).

The issue right now is that outside of the top 5 there's only 2 scholarship OL's practicing that aren't true freshman: Gouraige & Moore. Gouraige needs to improve and put on weight - he likely gets some PT and starts a game or two this year (due to lack of depth and/or injuries). Same for Moore - he's been here 3 years now and needs to do something.

Griffin McDowell would very likely have been the #2 Center, but is out due to an injury. He could move into the #2 spot there in the fall if he's not beaten out by one of the true freshman.

Getting a grad transfer will be huge for this OL - could likely start and at a minimum provide excellent depth, which allows some of the younger kids more time to develop.

I think Banks is done, which is a shame. He'd be starting at one of the OT spots right now.

Banks is young, too soon to write him off. A grad transfer OL is a done deal. Hevsey ain't worried at all.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Banks is young, too soon to write him off. A grad transfer OL is a done deal. Hevsey ain't worried at all.

Banks is a redshirt senior JUCO transfer. He's done. He has a medical condition and will very, very likely not ever play football again. Now, if you're talking about age - sure, he's young.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Banks is a redshirt senior JUCO transfer. He's done. He has a medical condition and will very, very likely not ever play football again. Now, if you're talking about age - sure, he's young.

Young peeps recover easier....I don't think they have gotten to the bottom of his condition yet....not sure though

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Young peeps recover easier....I don't think they have gotten to the bottom of his condition yet....not sure though

Well, if he returns - and plays as expected - it'll be a huge, huge bonus. He's been out since early December - 4 months. TOS isn't confident as it seems 3+ months would have been plenty of time to figure out if he can return.

HauntedGator

Dec 14, 2016
Dont mean too join the party late and a storm is looming in south Georgia but who is the graduate transfer coming this summer? I apoligize for ineptness...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Dont mean too join the party late and a storm is looming in south Georgia but who is the graduate transfer coming this summer? I apoligize for ineptness...
Lil David Reese's brother at Cowbell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator