Let's draft Spurrier for A.D....name any person more qualified

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
Like most Gators, I admire the heck out of Steve O. Spurrier, for many reasons.

But if HE doesn't have the desire to make a move to be A.D., then I'd prefer we (*) choose someone else who really does have the intent of being a professional, high-energy A.D.

(* That's the "editorial we", since "we" won't actually have much if any input to the decision.)

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Like most Gators, I admire the heck out of Steve O. Spurrier, for many reasons.

But if HE doesn't have the desire to make a move to be A.D., then I'd prefer we (*) choose someone else who really does have the intent of being a professional, high-energy A.D.

(* That's the "editorial we", since "we" won't actually have much if any input to the decision.)

He would only take it if he thought he could make a positive difference for the entire athletic dept. IMO and might not take it under any circumstances.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Not after he convinced south Carolina to hire will Muschamp. Seriously, if he thinks that highly of Will Muschamp as a coach I don't want him doing the hiring here. I love the head ball coach but I wouldn't want him as ad.
I certainly believe in the sentiment though I would give him the benefit of the doubt by saying he was just being polite. However, Fooley would never be a part of hiring SOS. It was Fooley being Fooley that caused him to leave in the first place.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Speaking of the big picture...

Does anyone follow the Director's Cup?

This is probably old news, but we did pretty well again considering the amount of athletic programs of the schools ahead of us:

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools...15-16/misc_non_event/1516finalstandingsDI.pdf

Two things:
1. We're the only SEC school in the top 10
2. Clowns are 22 :)
This was great news until I remembered I dont I dont give a shyt about hammer throwing and the lawn dart team.

Honestly, this SOS as AD is one of the silliest ideas Ive heard for a while. NO ONE loves SOS and Spurrier Ball more than me but he has shown zero interest or aptitude in management.

Moreover SOS is frankly a poor choice for any job right now. He has shown zero interest in a fulltime job. SOS used to say he wasnt going to be Booby Bowden, out there trying to remember player's names, without success, at eighty. He speaks his mind and Im pretty sure he hasnt changed it.

Half the posters on this board would be better picks for AD.

SOS is going to do whatever he wants, mostly play golf, and probably go to events with his former players and reminisce about all those championships. Thats fine and will help try to undo tue damage Chimp and Fooley did.

Last edited:

ppinesgator

Founding Member
aka "Biggums"
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
This was great news until I remembered I dont I dont give a shyt about hammer throwing and the lawn dart team.

Honestly, this SOS as AD is one of the silliest ideas Ive heard for a while. NO ONE loves SOS and Spurrier Ball more than me but he has shown zero interest or aptitude in management.

Moreover SOS is frankly a poor choice for any job right now. He has shown zero interest in a fulltime job. SOS used to say he wasnt going to be Booby Bowden, out there trying to remember player's names, without success, at eighty. He speaks his mind and Im pretty sure he hasnt changed it.

Half the posters on this board would be better picks for AD.

SOS is going to do whatever he wants, mostly play golf, and probably go to events with his former players and reminisce about all those championships. Thats fine and will help try to undo tue damage Chimp and Fooley did.

This is pretty easy to say until they show up on your front lawn with darts and hammers.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014

And beach volleyball (real category) ... I mean... who cares about that?
On second thought,
http://www.usctrojans.com/sports/w-svolley/mtt/usc-w-svolley-mtt.html

However - this is a great stat to throw at the clowns and other SEC schools:

UF is the only program in the nation to finish in the top-10 in each of the last 33 national all-points standings.

And we didn't have Women's Lacrosse for the vast majority of that time, nor do we have rowing

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator