Let's draft Spurrier for A.D....name any person more qualified

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'd say we get someone who has done some type of work in running an athletic department, doesn't try to play 18 every chance he gets, isn't retired, isn't old, and didn't retire from coaching because of how much work it was.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Here, here! Furry-one...

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Byrne at Arizona is who I want! What that dude has done there (fundraising/facilities wise) is unbelievable!

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Byrne at Arizona is who I want! What that dude has done there (fundraising/facilities wise) is unbelievable!

Sounds pretty good...

"Greg Byrne, Arizona. Byrne's hiring track record is off to an excellent start. He brought Dan Mullen to Mississippi State, and after arriving at Arizona in 2010, he hired Rich Rodriguez, who led the Wildcats to a Pac-12 South title last year. He inherited and held onto men's basketball coach Sean Miller, who's gone to three Elite Eights. Throw in the baseball team winning a national title in 2012, and life has been good for Arizona's major sports since Byrne arrived, with an athletic department clearly on the rise overall."

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Sounds pretty good...

"Greg Byrne, Arizona. Byrne's hiring track record is off to an excellent start. He brought Dan Mullen to Mississippi State, and after arriving at Arizona in 2010, he hired Rich Rodriguez, who led the Wildcats to a Pac-12 South title last year. He inherited and held onto men's basketball coach Sean Miller, who's gone to three Elite Eights. Throw in the baseball team winning a national title in 2012, and life has been good for Arizona's major sports since Byrne arrived, with an athletic department clearly on the rise overall."
I'm telling everyone...we get this man he'll take us to the top,FAST!!!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Im not a fan of anyone who might bring Mullet at any point in the future. That was one of Fooley's few redeeming qualities, hating Cousin Eddy.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Im not a fan of anyone who might bring Mullet at any point in the future. That was one of Fooley's few redeeming qualities, hating Cousin Eddy.
I think we have too many check writers that would never allow that to happen. Plus, I think Mullen knows he's hated here.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think we have too many check writers that would never allow that to happen. Plus, I think Mullen knows he's hated here.
I hope your right, but somehow Zook got hired. Just sayin.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014

But at least Cousin Eddie has been good for them:

"In the last 65 years of Mississippi State football, only two coaches have remained on the job for longer than six years: Jackie Sherrill, who coached from 1991-2003, and Mullen, who has now coached seven seasons dating back to 2009 and is entering his eighth on the job. It’s remarkable to think that before the 2014 season many wanted Mullen fired, and now after only their second 10-win season (since 1941), he’s the second-longest tenured coach in program history dating back to the 1940s, and arguably the most successful upon reaching five bowls in six years."

So Byrne didn't totally suck at his job...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Jackie Sherrill was a damn good coach. Always competed for the west title, won it a couple of times, and went to Atlanta.

Cousin Eddie is like 2-30 vs ranked teams.

Dick Rod and Cousin Eddy are seriously flawed coaches. Id want assurances he knows that and knows we dont settle for that kind of crap here.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Jackie Sherrill was a damn good coach. Always competed for the west title, won it a couple of times, and went to Atlanta.

Cousin Eddie is like 2-30 vs ranked teams.

Dick Rod and Cousin Eddy are seriously flawed coaches. Id want assurances he knows that.
Jackie Sherrill won 8 games total in his last 3 years there. As much as we all dislike Mullen, he's Mississippi state's bear Bryant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator