Let's laugh at Uga vs Bevo

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
More like Stoops. You gave to coach in a big game before you can be appreciated for consistently massive underachievement.

Big Game Kirb.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Herman is an excellent coach. He's the closest thing to an urban in the game today. Texas will win big12 and be in the playoff next year. Watch.

Only if Okey takes a big step back........

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I always thought Herman was a good coach. He has a pretty good record vs ranked teams and the top ten.

Herman is an excellent coach. He's the closest thing to an urban in the game today. Texas will win big12 and be in the playoff next year. Watch.

I like Herman and think he'll do well at Texas. He was also exactly what the horns need to offset some of the recruiting momentum in College Station. He looks the part of a guy who'll be a force for some time.

But I'll say this, his creativity in the red zone was Daz-level bad, and when they zoomed in on him smiling and laughing at the end when they were doing everything in their power to give uga the game, I kept thinking, this could go down as one of the worst blunders in cfb history. There's a difference between being calm and collected and being overly casual to the point of losing a game you'd dominated for 57 minutes.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Smart's stature, real or imagined, has taken a pretty good hit. Couldn't have come at a better time.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Smart's stature, real or imagined, has taken a pretty good hit. Couldn't have come at a better time.

Agree. I still think last night was more about Texas impressing than a real indicator of uga being in a tailspin. But between the choke 2.0 in Atlanta aided almost entirely by his 4th down call, the Fields grumblings, and then last night on the back of both he and his team whining about how they should be in, it's starting to show some cracks.

Childers and Nueheisel this morning were both shocked at the audacity of georgia, acting as if they'd already arrived and won multiple titles, when they haven't actually done anything up to this point. They're getting some heat out there and the image is being tarnished. Reminds me a lot of the post 2007 months when they were acting as if they'd been crowned by ending on a high note and beating Hawaii.

As I've said, I don't put a ton of stock in the win/loss element of bowl games, but I do think you can draw from how a team looked. This didn't look good.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Agree. I still think last night was more about Texas impressing than a real indicator of uga being in a tailspin. But between the choke 2.0 in Atlanta aided almost entirely by his 4th down call, the Fields grumblings, and then last night on the back of both he and his team whining about how they should be in, it's starting to show some cracks.

Childers and Nueheisel this morning were both shocked at the audacity of georgia, acting as if they'd already arrived and won multiple titles, when they haven't actually done anything up to this point. They're getting some heat out there and the image is being tarnished. Reminds me a lot of the post 2007 months when they were acting as if they'd been crowned by ending on a high note and beating Hawaii.

As I've said, I don't put a ton of stock in the win/loss element of bowl games, but I do think you can draw from how a team looked. This didn't look good.
Texas overwhelmed them with its intensity early on. It was as if Smart had to wake his team up.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Texas overwhelmed them with its intensity early on. It was as if Smart had to wake his team up.

Smart was the reason they looked like they were sleeping. He gets blame...not credit.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Georgia has talent but lack coaching....particularly on game day.

Rumors are surfacing of a toxic locker room. By next year even more players will transfer out. They are a major disappointment. There is a real positive vibe and aura around Mullen and UF now. The opposite at Ga. They will have a decent season next year but no championships. The window is closing on Richt 2.0.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
fd70b5cef463183999e23ed420de801a.jpg

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
We still need to close the talent gap somewhat regardless of their lack of readiness last night.....Jimmy's and Joe's will probably beat X's and O's 7 times out of 10 in the world of CFB. I sure would like to see our next 2 classes inside the top10....I think that would probably put us over the top of the turd droppers for a few years...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Kirby is Muschamp 2.0 as a game day coach.
No, no, no....

Mushchump 2.0 is Kitty Kat Stoops
Mushchump 3.0 is Mason
Muschump 4.0 is Kirby
Muschump 5.0 is Bullethead Pruitt

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No offense, but that is an insult.

Despite the myth, Zook was just an OK recruiter. He never landed #1 classes and certainly nothing like 5-7 five star type classes.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No offense, but that is an insult.

Despite the myth, Zook was just an OK recruiter. He never landed #1 classes and certainly nothing like 5-7 five star type classes.
#2 and #7 in recruiting rankings, 2003 and 2004, respectively.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
No, no, no....

Mushchump 2.0 is Kitty Kat Stoops
Mushchump 3.0 is Mason
Muschump 4.0 is Kirby
Muschump 5.0 is Bullethead Pruitt
When you put it that way I actually feel pretty good we have Mullen....Actually the West division isn't exactly an Institute of higher coaching either with Oger and Jimbo tied for 2nd place. For as much talent as there is in this conference the coaching top to bottom leaves a lot to be desired.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
When you put it that way I actually feel pretty good we have Mullen...

And why wouldn't you be?

Mullen was, and is, the best coach UF could have, and did, hire.

He's addressed:
- culture
- facilities
- graduating
- winning
- recruiting
- raising money
- being a positive example for UF and for 85 young men

And most importantly is that he WANTED to be a Gator.

So get on the train or get left behind.

Flame on, I'm going to bed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator