Let's spice things up: Downvotes will now take away likes and Oxbucks

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm also toying with the idea that a set amount of downvotes over a 7 or 30 day period will automatically trigger a vacation, the length depending on the amount of downvotes. Hence, if a group wanted to gang up on a member they don't particularly like and send him packing, I'd be looking the other way. :whistle:
Grinch.jpeg

I like it.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Exactly wrong. We are getting rid of the pussies who cry mean girls.

This is exactly the type of thing which will trigger some of our people who deally arent strong enough to handle the internet.

I hope you’re right and it doesn’t scare off p@$$ies who are too afraid to write what they really want just to preserve a precious 4% dislike-post ratio. Looking at you SD.

Step up and post more and you might reach my 12% dislike pace. What’s holding you back LawDonk?

(Sarcasm aside - how the hell are you only at .044 dislikes to posts with all the $h!t you talk on this board. Urg and T-Rex should account for at least that many dislikes of your posts.)

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
(Sarcasm aside - how the hell are you only at .044 dislikes to likes with all the $h!t you talk on this board. Urg and T-Rex should account for at least that many dislikes of your posts.)
It is absurd. I work hard at pissing people off and people dont reward me with dislikes I have earned!!!

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Next step needs to be giving us the ability to down vote, face palm and give drunk ratings to our own post. I'd be willing to bet I'm not the only poster who doesn't remember the majority of their post.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I had to take a valium after Ox posted this. The thought of losing my highly valuable oxbux is life changing.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Next step needs to be giving us the ability to down vote, face palm and give drunk ratings to our own post. I'd be willing to bet I'm not the only poster who doesn't remember the majority of their post.

Ehh. You're probably the only non-PE-teacher that doesn't.

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
Well, this should be effective at keeping folks who care about their down-vote ratio out of the political forum. C'est la vie

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I like the notion that some people could potentially go into negative integers on oxbucks. In such a world, they would owe ox something that has no value.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I'm also toying with the idea that a set amount of downvotes over a 7 or 30 day period will automatically trigger a vacation, the length depending on the amount of downvotes. Hence, if a group wanted to gang up on a member they don't particularly like and send him packing, I'd be looking the other way. :whistle:
Assume it applies to leadership? Your first post on this thread has you off to a roaring start on the dislike front.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I like the notion that some people could potentially go into negative integers on oxbucks. In such a world, they would owe ox something that has no value.

I think it should be like needing to be on the plus side going into Final Jeopardy. We gave you multiple pages to get it together and you can't even be on the positive side of things? You're a disgrace to your family and anyone watching, and absolutely cannot take part in the conclusion of the thread. Perhaps Price-is-Right(Swampgas) is more your speed.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hence, if a group wanted to gang up on a member they don't particularly like and send him packing, I'd be looking the other way. :whistle:

I'm all-in on this action and enthusiastically support it. Then again, I also enthusiastically supported the kids who brutally tormented Piggy in Lord of the Flies, so take that with a grain of salt. I confess that book gave me more joy than its author intended.

"Sucks to your ass-mar!" I was wont to say out loud to the imagined Piggy before me, as I greedily devoured the pages of Golding's how-to manual on bullying. In my mind, I was the lucky fellow who smashed Piggy's specs on the rocks, thereby rendering that useless food vortex legally blind on an island full of boys out to brutally torture him, all of whom had cut their teeth in the cruel English school system of the 1940s.

Any effort you make to create that kind of environment here, ox, has my full endorsement.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator