LF7 taking a swing

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
NavetG8r;n299934 said:
There's a great vine in this feed. It's a balled up fist swung and landed to the side of Poole's head. It's clearly a punch.

https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB
I stand corrected. In that shot, especially the slowed down one, it is easily seen as a punch, though the defender was Marcus Maye.

GatorGorilla

Jan 2, 2015
Whatever is it was, it was glorified on ESPN several times and I even saw it as the lead-in to one of the wrap up shows.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
For those interested in what Navet is talking about, here is the Vine

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Tough hard football. Some panties need changing apparently. The fake...my god...the fake.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Look, Fournete is a really good back. No denying that. That being said, that is without a doubt a full street fight roundhouse to the helmet. When I coached HS football I would have pulled the kid ASAP. Instead it's a multi million dollar industry and they will do nothing. This is a act that the NCAA ,after the fact with video evidence,could and should come through with a penalty. (Suspension) They will not because they are a evil empire.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
SGG;n299937 said:
it is easily seen as a punch, though the defender was Marcus Maye.

Now I stand corrected. It is indeed Maye. Thanks for straightening me out on that.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Floridagator;n299949 said:
Look, Fournete is a really good back. No denying that. That being said, that is without a doubt a full street fight roundhouse to the helmet. When I coached HS football I would have pulled the kid ASAP. Instead it's a multi million dollar industry and they will do nothing. This is a act that the NCAA ,after the fact with video evidence,could and should come through with a penalty. (Suspension) They will not because they are a evil empire.

I'm not a fan of the NCAA at all but does the Will Grier suspension have anything to do with your attitude towards them?

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
I don't have a problem with this one. At full speed there is no telling what his intent was. I have more of a problem with the SEC officials this year period. There have been bad and missed calls in all the games I have watched other teams play to go on top of the ones I see in our games and it gets pitiful. His false start bothered me more to go along with the fumble.

That being said they had three passes where they just chunked it in the air and our secondary couldn't react to a ball that took forever to come down, the fake field goal was inexcusable, not a fan of our zone defense when we have the corners we do since Poole can't cover. Also what the hell does our dline need to do to get a holding penalty. I think they have drawn 1 in the last 4 games.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n299934 said:
There's a great vine in this feed. It's a balled up fist swung and landed to the side of Poole's head. It's clearly a punch.

https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB

Upon further review.... punch.

Owell, I hope we punch Richt and the UGA players and their stupid mascot right in the balls.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n299956 said:
I'm not a fan of the NCAA at all but does the Will Grier suspension have anything to do with your attitude towards them?

absolutely it does. Grier is just one example of many though.

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
Good thing Maye had a helmet on, would have been out cold after that left hook. I've seen much less get penalized but I'm fine with them not throwing the flag, it was a physical game and I don't think he was throwing a punch but it turned into that.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I had to see the slow-mo to watch if it was an open hand attempt to push away the defensive hands, or a balled up fist-punch. Unquestionably a punch. Not called. Moving on.

As others point out, we had many, many issues on defense stopping LSU. Address those and an extra 5 yds on the run vs a 15 yd personal foul penalty against LF7 doesn't matter for much.

What does bother me is him indicating our players were doing the fingers-to-the-eyes thing. I get that it's football, and likely EVERYONE does it, but to me it is low class against a classy player. I'd be disappointed if any of our players were doing that to him, and I don't doubt him that they were. They should have been playing better, not dirtier.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Floridagator;n299949 said:

The NCAA has no juridisction in the matter.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
His punch had a dramatic effect on Maye. It drove his head to the right and off-tackle, gave the runner an illegal
advantage, much like a block in the back does. Should have been handled by the officials. Now that it is a braggable
highlight film, the referees should cringe at the favoritism.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TLB;n300085 said:
I had to see the slow-mo to watch if it was an open hand attempt to push away the defensive hands, or a balled up fist-punch. Unquestionably a punch. Not called. Moving on.

As others point out, we had many, many issues on defense stopping LSU. Address those and an extra 5 yds on the run vs a 15 yd personal foul penalty against LF7 doesn't matter for much.

What does bother me is him indicating our players were doing the fingers-to-the-eyes thing. I get that it's football, and likely EVERYONE does it, but to me it is low class against a classy player. I'd be disappointed if any of our players were doing that to him, and I don't doubt him that they were. They should have been playing better, not dirtier.

Ummm, I could be wrong, but I believe the punishment for throwing a punch is ejection from the game. Not simply a 15 yard penalty. Do you not think missing F7 the rest of the game would have made any difference?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;300165 said:
Ummm, I could be wrong, but I believe the punishment for throwing a punch is ejection from the game. Not simply a 15 yard penalty. Do you not think missing F7 the rest of the game would have made any difference?

I think it's better that he didn't get penalized and didn't get thrown out of the game. Beat them at their best. That's a hard place to win and we almost pulled it off. Had it been at home it would've been a victory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator