Lincoln Riley blows off LSU, takes USC job; Venables to OU?

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
This strikes me as one of those situations, states and fan base where the government there tries to come up with some bat shot crazy legislation to prevent this from happening again

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member

Check this out, I watched it last night. Lotta forced smiles and diplomatically answered questions by admin. Wish they could have another where they could say how they really feel...lol.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
the last two hires were assistant coaches, worked out pretty well for them. Until this week anyway.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
That is hit #1.

Isnt fuchsing off in Cali.
I was thinking the same thing. Didn't numbnuts take multiple vacations...I mean recruiting trips to CA only to come up completely empty handed? I expect Napier to focus on Florida and then LA and the rest of the south.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I was thinking the same thing. Didn't numbnuts take multiple vacations...I mean recruiting trips to CA only to come up completely empty handed? I expect Napier to focus on Florida and then LA and the rest of the south.
He didn’t come up empty handed; he signed a 5* CB (sorry Swonk), errr a Cali 5* CB who lasted a whole month!

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
He didn’t come up empty handed; he signed a 5* CB (sorry Swonk), errr a Cali 5* CB who lasted a whole month!
Forgot about him. Corral was also a Cali kid but ironically Mullen couldn't find time in his schedule to meet with him. I believe he was able to bring back several cases of some stellar Russian River cabernet so overall he rated his time in Cali a success.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Forgot about him. Corral was also a Cali kid but ironically Mullen couldn't find time in his schedule to meet with him. I believe he was able to bring back several cases of some stellar Russian River cabernet so overall he rated his time in Cali a success.
I still have 3 cases of old vine, Russian River grape, red zin we made in 1999. Also still have a case of 19% "fermez la port" Pinot Noir we made from same... it's fire.

Last edited:

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Why would he want to though?
I agree. These coaching changes are fascinating to me this year though with people getting out of town in the middle of the night without leaving a note.

Lincoln Riley is the girl that you meet and they seem all cute and innocent. Then she slowly shows you the wild/crazy side and your like this is awesome. I can take her home to meet mom, but she's really a freak. Then one day you come home and your apartment has been cleaned out, not even a piece of toilet paper left much less a note. She has now taken all your things and moved in with a guy named Brad, who has a rich dad. Brad is now playing your Playstation 5, watching your Netflix and wearing your clothes while your left sleeping on the floor until your disappointed father (Bob Stoops) comes to clean up your disaster of a life.

Bryan Kelly is that drunk catholic uncle that goes to the bar every night after work and then stumbles home drunk. Nice guy and turns out has not only managed to hold down a job all these years, but has been promoted many times and those that know him have no idea how. One day he goes on a bender and ends up halfway across the country in some bar in Baton Rouge vowing never to return because he met some skank he thinks is the love of his life leaving his goodie two shoes catholic wife behind.

Lane Kiffen is Zach Morris from the episode of Saved by the Bell where he has to take the fat girl to the dance, but then Groundhog Day kicks in and he's stuck with the fat girl for eternity it seems.

Florida is the girl who has had three straight relationships that left her an emotional wreck from the mental abuse and torture. Now that she's free she starts dating the nice guy that isn't really her type, but treats her well so she is willing to overlook the fact she's just not that attracted to him. She figures she can learn to love him one day if he keeps treating her right.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I just read, don't know whether I believe it, that if LSU fires Kelly without cause 2 years from now he walks away with 80,000,000. It goes down roughly 10,000,000 mil every year after that. Are they crazy or is this B.S. If they did this, then things are now beyond crazy. Football is now not a bidding war, it is now a nuclear bidding war. Nuclear war destroys things. If I'm an AD, I'm opting out of that kind of out of control crazy.

Last edited:

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017
I just read, don't know whether I believe it, that if LSU if they fires Kelly without cause 2 years from now he walks away with 80,000,000. It goes down roughly 10,000,000 mil every year after that. Are they crazy or is this B.S. If they did this, then things are now beyond crazy. Football is now not a bidding war, it is now a nuclear bidding war. Nuclear war destroys things. If I'm an AD, I'm opting out of that kind of out of control crazy.

Also if they fire him after he wins a national title, they owe him 100% of his remaining contract. Pretty crazy stuff.

Details of Brian Kelly's contract at LSU

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I just read, don't know whether I believe it, that if LSU fires Kelly without cause 2 years from now he walks away with 80,000,000. It goes down roughly 10,000,000 mil every year after that. Are they crazy or is this B.S. If they did this, then things are now beyond crazy. Football is now not a bidding war, it is now a nuclear bidding war. Nuclear war destroys things. If I'm an AD, I'm opting out of that kind of out of control crazy.

Every day is Bobby Bonilla Day.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018

Really...you are concerned with that?

If he messes up there will be compromising pictures show up with under aged males.

Or they'll pull a Vince Foster.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Really...you are concerned with that?

If he messes up there will be compromising pictures show up with under aged males.

Or they'll pull a Vince Foster.

Thought about that. I'd prefer he fail and they go down the tubes AND never recover from a gigantic payout. I'm thinking the AD is throwing the kitchen sink at him. Why? He's figuring if Kelly sinks I sink. it's not my money. Same thing that's wrong with golden parachutes for CEOs. I'll take a risky chance on my company's future because if it fails I'm fine. This country has lost its mind.

CEOs deserve reasonable compensation. They also need some skin in the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator