Little Bits & Small Pieces: Florida vs Charlotte

Cozumel Gator

Living in paradise, streaming all games
Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2016
I am so excited that "Coffee with Cover" is back on. It seems it has been a lifetime since defense has been part of the Florida Gators. My Dad could not get the game in Pensacola and he too had to listen to it on the radio. My Android app provided me with a feed I could cast to the big screen.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Sending prayers your way C2, so glad to have you back!

As much as I appreciate what Montrell Johnson brings, I'm baffled as heck why he received twice as many, carries yesterday as Trevor Entienne; it's very concerning. I could care less about who starts, but in my opinion, Trevor is our most explosive back avg 7 ypc, and Montrell should be the change of pace complimentary back.

I genuinely believe in Billy being the right guy long-term; however, I hope he doesn't continue to stick to his current offensive approach and management.
Montrell is better in pass pro and with O linemen missing that is likely why he was there. Plus, why risk your number one back in a non conference filler when you have a huge road game coming up?

Cozumel Gator

Living in paradise, streaming all games
Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2016

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Cover. Would you consider temporarily changing your moniker to ReCover2 until full health? Every positive thought and prayer helps. I pray for you and all Chatterers experiencing health issues.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Just saw where special teams unit trotted out ten players THREE times!

BN tried blowing it off saying it was “unique” situations. BULL! Billy, it ain’t working brother, hire a ST coach, and an OC while you’re at it.

Don’t fall into the trap of being too stubborn about changing direction until you’re going off the cliff….

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
FIRST!

Glad to see you back!!!
FORTY EIGHTH!!!

Good write up Cover. Hop you feel better soon.

This game was exactly what I was thinking it would be. Of course, I expected more points for the good guys.

I was hoping for several FG tries by Smack. Practice doesn't get you ready to kick in front of 60,000 people at KY, like real game action will.

I like that Billy has a lot to yell about this week at practice. And losing to KY 2 years in a row will light a fire.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Welcome back @cover2 and glad to hear your feeling better. And thank God you still have your looks!

For a guy who didn’t actually “see” game, but only went on what heard, I’d say you still did a nice job of assessing the Gators performance.

While we learned a lot about this team last week, I believe it will be this coming week where we really know what we have. Like C2, yesterdays performance did not surprise me very much - though like errbody else I was irritated and disappointed - after what I read about the bad week of practice. (In fact, while I had no doubt about a victory, I felt certain we would not cover and my picks this week reflected that.)

Next Saturday will tell us several things:
1) Can we bounce back form a week of bad practices and a lackluster performance in a game?
2) Have we learned anything about going into a hostile environment and not being affected by it?
3) Leary, though not particularly mobile, is probably the best QB our D has faced. Are we for real on that side of the ball or is our current defensive ranking built on weak offensive opponents?
4) Can our offense move the ball against a stacked box and a D daring us to beat them with downfield passing? (Kentucky would be foolish to try anything different.)
5) Is CBN a good enough HC to use last night as an object lesson and successfully motivate the team into understanding what it takes to win consistently at this level?

While I’m sure many here will already “know” the answers to these questions, I look forward to seeing for myself. (And glad I don’t have to stream the damn game and can watch it on a normal channel like God intended!)

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
..but I wound up in the hospital in Tallahassee with a bowel obstruction from a hernia related to a past operation. That led to an eight day stay with a surgery in a couple of weeks to repair the hernia with the mesh deal, so more time in the hospital is expected (not eight days again, I hope). Wrapped around all of this is a new chemo regimen that I had just started, so there’s more juggling going on here than is optimal, but we’re making it work.

Sounds like a 200,000 mile overhaul. Is the wife going to pay, or trade you in for a newer model?

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
It sounds like you've been through a lot c2, but am glad you are ok. I think you did the right thing by taking control of things and switching doctors because it is important that you have confidence in the people who are directing your care.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It sounds like you've been through a lot c2, but am glad you are ok. I think you did the right thing by taking control of things and switching doctors because it is important that you have confidence in the people who are directing your care.
Thanks Joe. And it’s sure good to hear from you these days!

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Great to have you back @cover2 and to get the writeup.

First off, many best wishes and hang in there on the road to recovery. I've been there myself. Just celebrated my 3rd anniversary of being in remission. The C word is a terrible thing and is no fun. You take it easy and work on getting back into golf form.

As far as the game spot on. I took my sons on our annual "guys" trip last weekend. I told them to enjoy it as much as possible, but to temper the expectations. I got super hyped after Utah last year and we all know how that ended up. This game had all the makings of a let down. I was hoping that it wouldn't be that way but this team is too young and somewhat to be expected. But UF had a bit of luck last night with a let down. Thank goodness it was Charlotte. That with being a patched up OL, Especially Kingsley, EW3 out, and trying to rest some others. I hoped for a bigger win but we don't get any extra points for the W. 3-1 is still 3-1 but there were reasons for what happened.

It was a game that younger guys got reps, got a PK'er great game experience, and a reality check for the entire program. You have to bring it every week. I'm like you and not too worried about last night. We all know the issues and most of all he's not going to hire an OC midseason. So might as well move on from that until the season is over. Gotta play ball.

Not so sure that UK is all that, but....we have to beat them and get over that bit of recent history. Glad for the noon game. Get it on and over with at UK and not time for Cats to soak in it all day. Looking forward to a good game next Saturday.

You take care of yourself.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Glad the surgery went well Cover. Good to hear from you .

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Mine is stage 4 prostate cancer that has spread into my tailbone. I have done many radiation treatments (48 I believe) and am now on hormone therapy to slow down any more growth. Its no fun on top of my failed back surgery that also causes chronic pain 24/7. I am on fentanyl pain patches that help some. I also only have 1/3rd of one kidney that functions. The other is useless. Other than that I am ok.
Praying for you Dan. I can't imagine the pain that causes in the lower spine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator