Little Bits & Small Pieces: Florida vs Charlotte

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Once I left the military in 98 I swore that I’d never go to another VA Doc.
I have spent one night in the V.A. hospital. The rest has been outpatient care. I sat my wife down one day and told her to NEVER bring me to a V.A. for my last of days care. I would rather be left in a cow pasture on my own.

FlyingGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 2, 2017
Hang in there all you sick SOB’s! Great stuff as always C2! My take is simple..with our starting center on the bench we are really a marginal offense. OLine is the lock and he seems to be the key! Let‘s hope his serious health issues and yours are behind you both! In all seriousness though, glad you’re feeling better and prayers to all struggling with our older ages!

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
My take is simple..with our starting center on the bench we are really a marginal offense.
I think you are right, but have the wrong player. Without Etienne making exceptional plays, we are a marginal offense.

Oddly, though, against Charlotte, we finally threw the ball downfield some more. Not wowing or explosive, but it crossed the 3 yards downfield (or less) mark far more often the total passing yards bears that out, even if we did stall every drive after the first one.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
I'm there with you. That's my insurance.

Get as much Community Care as possible.
Precursor of socialized medicine. Military medicine is a lot alike but that system is basically dealing with healthy folks. Broken bones and gunshot wounds are different disciplines than oncology and nephrology.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Precursor of socialized medicine. Military medicine is a lot alike but that system is basically dealing with healthy folks. Broken bones and gunshot wounds are different disciplines than oncology and nephrology.
And for anyone that thinks Walter Reed is "special", I have stories for you regarding how bad their "VIP" care is for retired 4 stars and politicians.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I haven't really needed anything yet but I will soon. I have a ruptured meniscus that needs to be repaired. I'm hoping they send me to community care for that.

The dental plan has been amazing. I am going to a local dentist for everything.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
With regards to the 4 stars that's a disgrace. As a country we owe better to those who spent a career in uniform.
On my drive back to Pensacola from dropping daughter off in DC for the summer, I stopped to see Mrs. Abrams and the whole schit show initial non-diagnosis of what killed him came pouring out.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
My VA experience has been different. Almost always positive. Appts are on time and thorough and my doctor ( I’ve had her for 20 years) has always been responsive. That said I generally do the family medicine type stuff at the VA and the bigger stuff (brain surgery) in community care.

Once thing that is often overlooked in VA discussions is how overwhelmed they are. Years ago we had a “veteran” who started shooting inside the VA. He was a double amputee who was claiming he was not getting proper care. The media ran with the narrative and shredded the VA. Turns out the veteran never even completed boot camp. He was drummed out. His amputations were for a motorcycle accident and the other for an infection that ended up with gangrene. This 2 week warrior somehow qualified for VA care. His Vietnam warrior persona wilted away fast when the truth came out.

Another example is a friend of my son moved into our house when he got back from IRaq. We were helping him get back on his feet. He was young, healthy strong as a bull and working a full time physically demanding job AND drawing a 100% disability check ($3900 monthly with annual increases tax free for life). He was a helicopter mechanic in a remote administrative location. He is a burden to the VA system and a large part of the problem.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
You seem to be the minority but I am happy for you.
Definitely a minority as I talk with my friends around the country. But at mine there seems to be many others that appreciate the care we receive. I’ve been to others and know they’re not all like this. But having a long term primary care doctor certainly helps. I’ve been with her 20+ years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.