Local Media starting to turn on Napier: Spurrier speaks

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My feeling is if we lose to Miami to start the season and then lose at home to UCF before a hellish back half of the season the Prez HAS to step in and sh!tcan the both of them....a sickening thought just occurred as I am typing this....besides having a terrible conference record Karl(if he's allowed to finish the season) could go 0-3 against the state of Florida.....I wonder what that would do to our recruiting..:suicide:

Little to no effect on recruiting because the next head coach will be doing the recruiting

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
True. Looking at this schedule, we could win our first seven. It's up to the staff. Our road games are Tenn and Miss State. It only seems impossible because of our staff.
We will probably be 4-3 or 3-4 going into UGA so that will put us at 4-8 or 3-9 after FSU butt rapes us. That 4th win is big for slingblade

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
That 4th win is big for slingblade
"yeah, no. That's kind of our identity, winning sometimes".

But really, I do not expect us to beat miami, only because I don't believe our staff has the game planning and management ability. But it's Cristobal, so we very well could. Which team after that and before georgia shouldn't we beat? If we don't win 5 of our first 7, I don't see how we get 7 wins. Had Nappyer produced 7+ already, I think he could withstand a losing season given the schedule. But because he's performed so poorly, and literally lost games, I do not see how he gets a pass for a losing season this year.

Gator CPA

Nov 16, 2015
My feeling is if we lose to Miami to start the season and then lose at home to UCF before a hellish back half of the season the Prez HAS to step in and sh!tcan the both of them....a sickening thought just occurred as I am typing this....besides having a terrible conference record Karl(if he's allowed to finish the season) could go 0-3 against the state of Florida.....I wonder what that would do to our recruiting..:suicide:
The month of November will be all losses

Gator CPA

Nov 16, 2015

But really, I do not expect us to beat miami, only because I don't believe our staff has the game planning and management ability. But it's Cristobal, so we very well could. Which team after that and before georgia shouldn't we beat? If we don't win 5 of our first 7, I don't see how we get 7 wins. Had Nappyer produced 7+ already, I think he could withstand a losing season given the schedule. But because he's performed so poorly, and literally lost games, I do not see how he gets a pass for a losing season this year.
If Miami comes in here and makes a sandwich in our kitchen and leaves the dirty plates behind and a unflushed turd in our toilet.....season is practically over with!

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
If Miami comes in here and makes a sandwich in our kitchen and leaves the dirty plates behind and a unflushed turd in our toilet.....season is practically over with!
Definitely would be a bad start. Should we lose, I expect Napier to lavish miami and cristobal with praise, then offer miami our stadium for home away games.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Miami isn't any better coached than UF.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019

I think we beat Samford by 10 to 14 points. All the other early season games I rate a toss-up and with the two years of history with this staff it is clear we do not have a "competitive advantage" over any of them, hence my 4-3 or 3-4 prediction. I hope I am wrong. Hope is wearing thin.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well, you could be spitting vile personal insults at him at all hours of the day. That's the path many others are on at the moment.
It’s even worse than that. Last night before bed I prayed for Billy to fall down the stairs and break both his legs.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I actually looked up Hamptons Tomato.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Well it's official and legit this time. No OC. Tater is still gonna call the awwwwfense.

And to answer urgs previous question, yes. At this point he is just seeing how much he can get away with. At least this disaster will be over soon.
He was never going to turn the offense or playcalling over. It was just wishful thinking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.