Local Media starting to turn on Napier: Spurrier speaks

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
How could my post be interpreted as anything other than a failed athletic department?

However, I disagree that it's Stricklin's last. His job has never been safer. It's safer now than before he even hired Napier, and Golden's recent success is also a feather in his cap and solidifies his position. He's going nowhere unless he wants to.

I gathered from your post that we as fans thought we could improve and didn’t and that you were taking that approach. My apologies. You’d be justified in suspecting hard drugs, but I can assure you I was only drinking wine. I guess it’s possible the cork was laced with fentanyl though. Thanks Joe Biden.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I gathered from your post that we as fans thought we could improve and didn’t and that you were taking that approach. My apologies. You’d be justified in suspecting hard drugs, but I can assure you I was only drinking wine. I guess it’s possible the cork was laced with fentanyl though. Thanks Joe Biden.
You a cork soaker?
jimmy fallon snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
At this point it's a minor miracle that the Gators have any fans left.

No that’s what fans and/or alum do. Times are great, times suck, but you never waiver entirely.

Also you and @GatorJ are out of your minds on Stricklin’s job security. Even national media has said no AD gets a third try after bombing on the first two. And you can’t keep number 2 when Mr UF football just announced to the world that he isn’t cut out to run a snow cone stand. There are mid level guys in Hamas that have a better job outlook than SS.

Of course, I don’t like to get personal or judgy, so I’ll just assume you both got a little too close to some model airplane glue.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
No that’s what fans and/or alum do. Times are great, times suck, but you never waiver entirely.

Also you and @GatorJ are out of your minds on Stricklin’s job security. Even national media has said no AD gets a third try after bombing on the first two. And you can’t keep number 2 when Mr UF football just announced to the world that he isn’t cut out to run a snow cone stand. There are mid level guys in Hamas that have a better job outlook than SS.

Of course, I don’t like to get personal or judgy, so I’ll just assume you both got a little too close to some model airplane glue.
I hope you’re right but our new prez has yet to utter a word about the state of Gator football, so who knows what he’s thinking?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I hope you’re right but our new prez has yet to utter a word about the state of Gator football, so who knows what he’s thinking?

He has to handle a lot of other pressing issues first. But it’s coming. And I don’t mean a decision is made already. If by some miracle BN pulls it off, they both could be fine. My argument is predicated on what appears to be a disaster waiting for us this fall. The public spectacle and fallout is too much for either to overcome, and even money will dry up.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

I think Striklin pissed off a lot of donors with bait and switch, slow play on the football stand alone.

I would bet the "stadium refurbished" fundraising isn't going well.

I'm not a big $ donor but I've made some donations over the years.

Not one more Penney from me unless and until they gut the AA office.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Disagree completely. UF's focus is not football. At least not anymore. Not only do they not blame Stricklin for hiring Napier (it was a justifiable hire), Golden is taking off and they consider him a fundraising genius.

The UF brass isn't Bama. They aren't Georgia. Hell, they aren't even Tennessee. They don't give two sh!ts about Florida football winning anything. They care about making UF an Ivy League school. Those praying Sasse swoops in to save the program are going to be sorely disappointed. Football isn't even on the first page on his to-do list.

I suppose it's possible that they bring in more people to help Stricklin in the next HC search, but the idea of him actually getting fired over Billy Napier is laughable.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I hope you’re right.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Disagree completely. UF's focus is not football. At least not anymore. Not only do they not blame Stricklin for hiring Napier (it was a justifiable hire), Golden is taking off and they consider him a fundraising genius.

The UF brass isn't Bama. They aren't Georgia. Hell, they aren't even Tennessee. They don't give two sh!ts about Florida football winning anything. They care about making UF an Ivy League school. Those praying Sasse swoops in to save the program are going to be sorely disappointed. Football isn't even on the first page on his to-do list.

I suppose it's possible that they bring in more people to help Stricklin in the next HC search, but the idea of him actually getting fired over Billy Napier is laughable.
I agree Ox, though it makes me very sad. Along the same lines of Vito when they killed Sonny…

200.gif

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

I’ll give you that UF isn’t those programs, at least right now. But neither are 150+ other schools who fire coaches all the time, and ADs who’ve put them in that predicament. You make it seems as if this doesn’t happen annually somewhere. Chip Kelly knew he was getting fired at UCLA. McElwain is on the hot seat at Central Michigan(they have one there too apparently). He will not make another football hire. They may find him some place inside the building where he can have a role, but as far as being a full blown AD, that is over assuming BN doesn’t magically learn how to coach, or count.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He has some other useless money sucks to take care of first. He will get there.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
No that’s what fans and/or alum do. Times are great, times suck, but you NEVER waiver.
FIFY, you fair weather fuk!!! :lol:

People probably often wonder...

"Just how does Detroitgator do it? How, on a day like today, after putting on his "rally hat" in the chat box not once, but TWICE during the baseball loss to Miami, and just hours after a stinging, schitty loss in basketball, can he be not only the first to respond, but post THIS guy in a thread for a basketball game NEXT WEEK?
Roll Go GIF by Carter Chevrolet

I'll tell you how... like today... and for ALL our sports... I f'ng cheer until the last out, until the last second (ish, allegedly sometimes until at least the 3rd quarter!) is gone! Then, I stand quietly in silence for a second, take a deep breath, and scream one very loud, very sharp: "FUK!!!!" And I let it go... that's it... on to the gymnastics and baseball game tomorrow to do it all again... and again... and fukkin' AGAIN!!!

So, be Mr. Dad Bod bald guy with glasses... he is us, I am him (with hair and glasses only for seein' schit far away)!!!

(but yes, in full disclosure, every once in awhile, I'm this guy...)

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Maybe you haven't noticed, but he's not big on talking and uttering words 'n schit... like yesterday, where at the end of the day, he launched a memo saying, "You're all fukkin' fired!"

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
FIFY, you fair weather fuk!!! :lol:

People probably often wonder...

"Just how does Detroitgator do it? How, on a day like today, after putting on his "rally hat" in the chat box not once, but TWICE during the baseball loss to Miami, and just hours after a stinging, schitty loss in basketball, can he be not only the first to respond, but post THIS guy in a thread for a basketball game NEXT WEEK?
Roll Go GIF by Carter Chevrolet

I'll tell you how... like today... and for ALL our sports... I f'ng cheer until the last out, until the last second (ish, allegedly sometimes until at least the 3rd quarter!) is gone! Then, I stand quietly in silence for a second, take a deep breath, and scream one very loud, very sharp: "FUK!!!!" And I let it go... that's it... on to the gymnastics and baseball game tomorrow to do it all again... and again... and fukkin' AGAIN!!!

So, be Mr. Dad Bod bald guy with glasses... he is us, I am him (with hair and glasses only for seein' schit far away)!!!

(but yes, in full disclosure, every once in awhile, I'm this guy...)
:drunk2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator