Looking back on the FIRST HALF of the 2010s of Gator Football

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Missouri vs. Florida - Game Summary - October 18, 2014 - ESPN

Almost forgot 2014 Gators vs Missouri.
Blown out even though we held them to approx 100 yards offense.

I’ll always remember getting wasted watching that game, threw up, and big hangover. I did that because I was so depressed and disgusted.

From that point forward I promised to never drink that much again.

Don't forget the 2011 game against the Noles, Champ accomplished something close to this again. We held the Noles to near a 100 yards of total offense and lost by 2 TD's, think we had something like 4 turnovers as well.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Don't forget the 2011 game against the Noles, Champ accomplished something close to this again. We held the Noles to near a 100 yards of total offense and lost by 2 TD's, think we had something like 4 turnovers as well.
They wasn't trying to score. They sat on the football after they went up a touchdown or 2. They we knew what was up. Muschamps defense was and is still overrated

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
They wasn't trying to score. They sat on the football after they went up a touchdown or 2. They we knew what was up. Muschamps defense was and is still overrated

Also remembered that we were very lucky not to get shut out, scored very late after a turnover gave us a short filed i believe. Kind of like 2015 vs Fsu when we got that late safety to avoid the shutout. Damn, they sure did beat our ass bad in the Swamp several times over the last decade.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Also remembered that we were very lucky not to get shut out, scored very late after a turnover gave us a short filed i believe. Kind of like 2015 vs Fsu when we got that late safety to avoid the shutout. Damn, they sure did beat our ass bad in the Swamp several times over the last decade.
That is what happens when your garbage AD hires garbage coaches.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Same fkin thing pretty much

I grabbed tickets for me and a visiting cousin who’s a Penn State alum. Actually kinda cool to look back and realize it was Meyer against Paterno in their only meeting.

That’s Urban, Shelley and Nathan getting ready to board a team bus to their Harbor Island hotel afterward.

3fb8ca0a85ffd13c7abd12a286c73fbe.jpg
56424f690726cebe2ba8ee56ec774423.jpg

a3d8ebed52bf20fe8682d375a8cbd2a8.jpg

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It was the first and last time I ever got totally wasted during a Gator game.
I nearly always have a couple drinks during games to get a buzz (especially in SEC play), but the 2014 Mizz game was the only time I said "I need to drink so much to forget what I'm watching."
You were cool with 2013 though?

Hell, you should have started drinking once Chump unveiled his dream (lack of) offense in 2012.

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
You were cool with 2013 though?

Hell, you should have started drinking once Chump unveiled his dream (lack of) offense in 2012.
I was in shell shock in 2013. I thought it was anomaly due to injuries (just a bad luck fluke).
In 2014 I had illusions that Muschamp could make Gator Football Great Again. Mizz game shattered my illusions. Hence the large consumption of alcohol that night.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I was in shell shock in 2013. I thought it was anomaly due to injuries (just a bad luck fluke).
:doh:

It amazes me sometimes how no amount of facts can penetrate some defense mechanisms and excuses.

I dont know how everyone couldnt see how fvkked up he was by midway thru 2012. It was really rather easy to see he didnt have a fvkking clue how to win football games.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
:doh:

It amazes me sometimes how no amount of facts can penetrate some defense mechanisms and excuses.

I dont know how everyone couldnt see how fvkked up he was by midway thru 2012. It was really rather easy to see he didnt have a fvkking clue how to win football games.
The Muschamp and Mac years were easy for me to get. I wanted Chump to succeed but knew he couldn’t. Never liked Mac. Felt phony.

Which makes Mullen so interesting. I don’t get the same feeling about him as you do. I see his weaknesses but they don’t seem insurmountable. I guess we’ll see.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Which makes Mullen so interesting. I don’t get the same feeling about him as you do. I see his weaknesses but they don’t seem insurmountable..
This is exactly how I feel about him.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
How’s that? I think he can be successful but you think he’s fired next season or the one after. Still holding out hope for change or something?
I like him more than I ever thought I would.

We should give him staff improvements and be buildijg facilities like the house burned down, bc it did. But we wont. Same old tight asses, and they feel the need to milk every dime for nonrevenue sports first before they do anything but paint jobs for football.

Yes, he will get himself on a nucular hot seat for this third straight loss to Shart and get fired for the fourth.

I hope Stricklin and all the rest of rhe leftover Fooley garbage go first.

Even if he made massive staff changes today and fixed recruiting, it would take three elute classes tonget us back to competing in 2024 or so.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Stricklin isn’t leaving until he decides. Tigert Hall is giddy about having a nerdy dude at the helm of the cash cow known as football, stealing from the rich and giving to the huddled masses who spend their Saturdays at Library West.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.