Looking for suggestions to discuss with Gator Boosters

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I got this email the other day and at first thought it was just another Gator Booster mass email touting some Gator achievements in women's lacrosse or something. But after seeing an invite to grab lunch etc. it seemed a little more personal. So I'm thinking I might take this guy up on his offer and wanted to see if there are any specific topics anyone would like to have me discuss.

Hi Divits,

I hope you’re doing well, in good spirits, and most importantly, good health. My name is Ryan Schulman and I’m a new member of the Gator Boosters team here at the University of Florida.

In my role with Gator Boosters, I help oversee outreach and engagement with our alumni, fans, and friends – such as yourself – in the Orlando and Orange county area. My goal is to connect with Gators in the region who share our passion for Florida Athletics and help them meaningfully connect to our program through various methods of involvement in ways that best align with their interests.

I’ll be down your way in the coming weeks – Wednesday, May 12th – Thursday, May 13th – and would love and welcome the opportunity to visit with you over a meal, coffee, or simply a short visit at your office. As I continue to put faces to names of Gator Nation, it’d be great to hear and learn more about your Gator story as well as pass along some valuable updates from Gainesville as we continue into an exciting and much more hopeful 2021. If a virtual format is more comfortable for you at this time, we could also connect over the phone or via Zoom if you’d prefer?

If this would be of interest, please let me know a day, time, and/or format that works best for you and your schedule OR feel free to click the link below in my signature to reserve some time directly on my calendar while I’m in town.

Until then, have a great rest of your week, all my continued best to you and yours, and thank you for your passion and continued dedication for Gator Athletics and the University of Florida. I look forward to having the opportunity to connect and speak with you soon.

Go Gators!

RS

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
As it turns out, he is also a Nigerian prince that would just need your account information to deposit a large sum of money that you will hold for him. Congrats!

This has “creative shakedown” written all over it.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Man...that sounds like a date with a wake up in an ice filled motel bathtub to me.

Somehow weave into your conversation that you only have 1 kidney, and see how fast he tries to get off the phone.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Email him back, tell him you believe that any gator opponent is gatorbait and ask how he feels about that, based on his answer you'll know if you want to continue this blossoming relationship.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Dear Ryan:

You ever met a medical sales rep? Those are the people that peddle drugs and medical equipment to doctors. They are almost all smoking hot women with sparkling personalities and large expense accounts.

Ever wonder why?

‘Cause doctors are busy and if you want some of their time to market whatever it is you’re selling, they prefer to have lunch with smart, flirty hotties than with dudes named Ryan. No offense.

Do us both a favor. Look around your boiler room. Identify the hottest, coolest chick there. You’ve probably already done this. Here’s an excuse for you to actually have a conversation with her. Offer to trade her me in exchange for her toughest call. Trust me son. It will work out better for all parties involved.

Oh, and tell her I like fresh seafood, bourbon, splitting dessert, and short skirts. And breakfast.

/Divits

Alex.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
In my role with Gator Boosters, I help oversee outreach and engagement with our alumni, fans, and friends – such as yourself – in the Orlando and Orange county area. My goal is to connect with Gators in the region who share our passion for Florida Athletics and help them meaningfully connect to our program through various methods of involvement in ways that best align with their interests.

If this was the case then why?;

1. Are we stuck with a Fuchs Up as Prez?
2. Why the face of the ATH. DEPT. is such a Pvssie?
3. Why Fooley is still around and why can't they can this AZZHAT?
4. Why do we have the worst combo of Football HC, Men's BBall HC in the SEC?

Should be worth about a 2 minute lunch! Enjoy the free rubber chicken dinner.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I got this email the other day and at first thought it was just another Gator Booster mass email touting some Gator achievements in women's lacrosse or something. But after seeing an invite to grab lunch etc. it seemed a little more personal. So I'm thinking I might take this guy up on his offer and wanted to see if there are any specific topics anyone would like to have me discuss.

Hi Divits,

I hope you’re doing well, in good spirits, and most importantly, good health. My name is Ryan Schulman and I’m a new member of the Gator Boosters team here at the University of Florida.

I’ll be down your way in the coming weeks – Wednesday, May 12th – Thursday, May 13th – and would love and welcome the opportunity to visit with you over a meal, coffee, or simply a short visit at your office. As I continue to put faces to names of Gator Nation, it’d be great to hear and learn more about your Gator story as well as pass along some valuable updates from Gainesville as we continue into an exciting and much more hopeful 2021. If a virtual format is more comfortable for you at this time, we could also connect over the phone or via Zoom if you’d prefer?

If this would be of interest, please let me know a day, time, and/or format that works best for you and your schedule OR feel free to click the link below in my signature to reserve some time directly on my calendar while I’m in town.

Until then, have a great rest of your week, all my continued best to you and yours, and thank you for your passion and continued dedication for Gator Athletics and the University of Florida. I look forward to having the opportunity to connect and speak with you soon.

Go Gators!

RS

Let's set the meeting. Get Ox to trace IP addresses to find out where it's gonna be held. Now, we insist it's a public place--a bar, a restaurant, some place where there's people--so I feel safe. Now they're gonna search me when I first meet them, right? So I can't have a weapon on me then. But if Douglas can figure a way to have a weapon planted there for me...then I'll kill 'em both.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

If you then close it with an enthusiastic Gatorbait, this would be perfect

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Jeebus.... how can you forget WHY DO WE STILL HAVE NO FOOTBALL FACILITIES 5 YEARS AFTER WE GAVE YOU 100ISH MILLION IN 2015, THEN WE GAVE YOU ANOTHER 100ISH MILLION IN 2018.

Oh yeah, why do our coaches spend most of the year vacationing or doing something other than recruiting.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Dear Ryan:

You ever met a medical sales rep? Those are the people that peddle drugs and medical equipment to doctors. They are almost all smoking hot women with sparkling personalities and large expense accounts.

Ever wonder why?

‘Cause doctors are busy and if you want some of their time to market whatever it is you’re selling, they prefer to have lunch with smart, flirty hotties than with dudes named Ryan. No offense.

Do us both a favor. Look around your boiler room. Identify the hottest, coolest chick there. You’ve probably already done this. Here’s an excuse for you to actually have a conversation with her. Offer to trade her me in exchange for her toughest call. Trust me son. It will work out better for all parties involved.

Oh, and tell her I like fresh seafood, bourbon, splitting dessert, and short skirts. And breakfast.

/Divits

Alex.
Divits is over the age of 17, so he's safe, but yeah....your hot chick idea is money. Either way, I still think Divits gets a BJ out of this.

upload_2021-4-27_23-33-41.png

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015

I have some potential answers to your questions

1. He works for the university and not the athletic department, I suspect he is doing a good job on the academic side of things. Now I don't like him much and think he is way over paid.

2. That is my boss so I don't know and if I did I could not say.

3. He is around due to his long service and apparently those in charge want him around. He is raising money from long term boosters.

4. Once again my bosses would not want me to talk about that. I bet that we are not the worst but rather among the worst.

Thanks for reading if you did. Comment as you desire.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
OK, serious answer.

I actually made a bunch of suggestions years ago but you know...anyway.

How do you get people to leave their homes, air conditioning, couch, and refreshments, and drive to Gainesville to tailgate and attend a game?

You ask yourself why don't more people go?

A common reason is that it is too difficult/expensive to go to game with family and young children

Stadium is hot, loud, and crowded. Unless you're in club seats, it's hard to take young kids. It's exhausting for them. Plus, seats are expensive and kids seats cost the same as adults. You also don't want to pay for a babysitter all day and you do want to bring your wife and the tailgating experience is great with young kids. Why not offer childcare during the games? Plenty of classroom space available near the stadium. Lots of college of education students happy to get certified and get some hours. Tailgate with the kids, then check them in. Classrooms organized by age groups and have a tv with the game on as well as age-appropriate activities (gator coloring books, toys and puzzles for the littles, maybe video games for the bigger kids). You get a buzzer, like a restaurant, in case of emergency. You do security with photo ID, matching wristbands, that sort of thing.

Another thing they can do is open up the ODome and allow re-entry/passage between the ODome and the stadium. Sometimes your wife or kids just need a break and maybe you can't afford Champions Club or Touchdown Terrace. You just need a place to get out of the sun and heat, cool off in the air conditioning, maybe grab a bite to eat, maybe use a (relatively) cleaner bathroom.

A major selling point to attending in person is the atmosphere. UAA doesn't do anything to improve the atmosphere. A big part of that atmosphere in college football is the band and the cheerleaders. Why not send groups of cheerleaders and dazzlers in costume (including the JV squads) out to the major tailgate spots? People love taking photos of their little girls in their little cheerleader costumes with the real thing. It feels special. Yes, I know you'd have to send a security person with them because drunks gonna drunk but having a group of 4 cheerleaders stop by your tailgate to say hi and post for pictures with your group is a special memory, plus the pictures get into social media which encourages others to buy tickets too. As for the band, not all of them, just the drummers. Not so much for pictures, mostly for atmosphere. They go around the main tailgate areas playing a little and getting people excited.

Another common complaint is that it is uncomfortable in the stadium. You get a narrow aluminum bench with no backrest. That was fine when you were a student and never sat anyway. Alumni like to sit. That's why the extra charge bolt-on padded seats and chairbacks are so popular. Rip out the old benches in the alumni seating areas and put in more comfortable seating, similar to what you might get at an NFL game.

Make the tailgating experience better and easier.

Tailgaters bring generators and satellite dishes. It's a pain in the ass, but it improves the experience. Make it easier for them. In prime areas like the ODome parking lot, run electric outlets into the medians. They are only "live" for a short time before, during, and after games and they aren't for charging your Tesla or a portable A/C. They are for TVs and fans. Also run cable out there so folks can plug into the same feed they get in the dorms. Now you're tailgating with a tv getting ESPN nice and clear with a fan cooling you off and keeping the mosquitos away without having to bring a noisy, hot generator, gasoline, and a mini satellite dish with you.

Alex.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
OK, serious answer.

I actually made a bunch of suggestions years ago but you know...anyway.

How do you get people to leave their homes, air conditioning, couch, and refreshments, and drive to Gainesville to tailgate and attend a game?

You ask yourself why don't more people go?

A common reason is that it is too difficult/expensive to go to game with family and young children

Stadium is hot, loud, and crowded. Unless you're in club seats, it's hard to take young kids. It's exhausting for them. Plus, seats are expensive and kids seats cost the same as adults. You also don't want to pay for a babysitter all day and you do want to bring your wife and the tailgating experience is great with young kids. Why not offer childcare during the games? Plenty of classroom space available near the stadium. Lots of college of education students happy to get certified and get some hours. Tailgate with the kids, then check them in. Classrooms organized by age groups and have a tv with the game on as well as age-appropriate activities (gator coloring books, toys and puzzles for the littles, maybe video games for the bigger kids). You get a buzzer, like a restaurant, in case of emergency. You do security with photo ID, matching wristbands, that sort of thing.

Another thing they can do is open up the ODome and allow re-entry/passage between the ODome and the stadium. Sometimes your wife or kids just need a break and maybe you can't afford Champions Club or Touchdown Terrace. You just need a place to get out of the sun and heat, cool off in the air conditioning, maybe grab a bite to eat, maybe use a (relatively) cleaner bathroom.

A major selling point to attending in person is the atmosphere. UAA doesn't do anything to improve the atmosphere. A big part of that atmosphere in college football is the band and the cheerleaders. Why not send groups of cheerleaders and dazzlers in costume (including the JV squads) out to the major tailgate spots? People love taking photos of their little girls in their little cheerleader costumes with the real thing. It feels special. Yes, I know you'd have to send a security person with them because drunks gonna drunk but having a group of 4 cheerleaders stop by your tailgate to say hi and post for pictures with your group is a special memory, plus the pictures get into social media which encourages others to buy tickets too. As for the band, not all of them, just the drummers. Not so much for pictures, mostly for atmosphere. They go around the main tailgate areas playing a little and getting people excited.

Another common complaint is that it is uncomfortable in the stadium. You get a narrow aluminum bench with no backrest. That was fine when you were a student and never sat anyway. Alumni like to sit. That's why the extra charge bolt-on padded seats and chairbacks are so popular. Rip out the old benches in the alumni seating areas and put in more comfortable seating, similar to what you might get at an NFL game.

Make the tailgating experience better and easier.

Tailgaters bring generators and satellite dishes. It's a pain in the ass, but it improves the experience. Make it easier for them. In prime areas like the ODome parking lot, run electric outlets into the medians. They are only "live" for a short time before, during, and after games and they aren't for charging your Tesla or a portable A/C. They are for TVs and fans. Also run cable out there so folks can plug into the same feed they get in the dorms. Now you're tailgating with a tv getting ESPN nice and clear with a fan cooling you off and keeping the mosquitos away without having to bring a noisy, hot generator, gasoline, and a mini satellite dish with you.

Alex.

I hate people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator