Looks like Tarzan, Plays like Jane

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n283217 said:
Did you really just call the greatest athlete of our time a "Jane"?

Yep. He played like Jane against us...can't recall the year.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n283109]I had a journalism professor who invited me over to his place to help with a magazine project. He had a roommate who played DT on the football team who turned out to be his lover. I didn't stay very long. [/QUOTE]

It's 2015, you shouldn't feel like you need to hide how long you stayed there.

In any case, how did the article you co-wrote with your professor for Blue Boy Magazine turn out?

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n283217 said:
Did you really just call the greatest athlete of our time a "Jane"?

Maybe the greatest athlete of our time against everybody else, but against Florida, he usually played like Jane.

AUBURN, Ala. — For the third time in four years, the Florida Gators tormented Bo Jackson.

The No. 2-ranked Gators stretched the nation's longest unbeaten streak to 18 games with a 14-10 victory against No. 6 Auburn Saturday as Ray McDonald caught two touchdown passes from Kerwin Bell.

Florida (7-0-1) played inconsistently on offense but used a strong defensive effort--helped by an injury to Jackson--to drop Auburn to 6-2. Jackson, who came in leading the nation in rushing with an average of 200 yards per game, suffered a right thigh bruise midway through the second period and carried just once after halftime. He finished with 48 yards in 16 carries.

In 1982, Jackson was limited to 23 yards against Florida and last season, returning from a six-week layoff due to a separated shoulder, the No. 3 runner in Southeastern Conference history had 16 yards rushing. Jackson did burn the Gators, however, for 196 yards as a sophomore in 1983.

"It was very frustrating to lose this game," Jackson said. "I thought both teams played very well, and both teams have stingy defenses. I really wanted to get back out there and play the second half, but I started to have spasms. A helmet hit me in the thigh."

I wouldn't put him in the "Jane" category just because of his play against Florida, but I can see why some would.

Alex.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n283240 said:

False.

[video=youtube;ENuZHnQlqX0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENuZHnQlqX0[/video]

Alex.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
AlexDaGator;n283266 said:
False.

[video=youtube;ENuZHnQlqX0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENuZHnQlqX0[/video]

Alex.

One play doesn't make you Tarzan. He takes plays off all the time and refuses to play games because he might get injured.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
How about Greg Little?

6'3", 230 WR. Looked like a linebacker out there playing receiver. Played his college ball at North Carolina. Dude was bigger than T.O. He had a couple of good years with the Browns but never played nearly as good as he looked.

That reminds me, you guys remember Stephen Alli?

Dude was like 6'6" 220, huge wingspan and could run like a gazelle, and he was really smart too. He was one of those "experiments". I think he moved to the US from Canada only played like one year of High School ball but his physical abilities were off the charts. We kept waiting for him to develop but it never happened. He jumped out at you physically when he was on the field. Bless his heart, dude couldn't catch a cold in February.

Alex.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
AlexDaGator;n283265 said:
Maybe the greatest athlete of our time against everybody else, but against Florida, he usually played like Jane.

I wouldn't put him in the "Jane" category just because of his play against Florida, but I can see why some would.

Alex.

Thanks for looking it up...I was too lazy.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
AlexDaGator;n283289 said:
How about Greg Little?

6'3", 230 WR. Looked like a linebacker out there playing receiver. Played his college ball at North Carolina. Dude was bigger than T.O. He had a couple of good years with the Browns but never played nearly as good as he looked.

Alex.

At the end of the day, he's just too slow. In his best year, he was barely above 10 in yards per catch which is terrible.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
MJMGator;n283104 said:
I recall this guy pulling himself out of a game against our Mighty Gators over a hangnail or something.
bo-jackson-nike.jpg
To be fair to Bo we were knocking the sh#t out of him every play that day at FLa field.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
stephenPE;n283436 said:
To be fair to Bo we were knocking the sh#t out of him every play that day at FLa field.

Shouldn't that be expected by a RB playing in the SEC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.