Looks like we're staring at 5-7 this year

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
If wanted to make a gay reference I'd say something specific to your sexual predilections. I could care less whether or not you smoke more sausage than Hillshire Farm. I'm talking about your continued, doggedly devoted, water carrying for coaches that are getting paid to produce and are not.

Have you ever coached a down of football? If so, what level and for how long? I'm asking because your football IQ is Simple Jack low.

Does that clarify my point and allay your fears of homophobic slurs, pumpkin?
Have you?

We sure do have a lot of wannabe coaches in here. Ill add your name to the list for Billy to call after the season.

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
I’m convinced that “Darryl” is kin to Slingblade and/or PT Barnum. There’s no other explanation for his corch-like defense of the indefensible. If only Toney could teach defense the way Darryl defends this staff.
No, I'm just not a dumbass who expects a brand new staff to perform water to wine miracles in 7 weeks with the defense that was so good last season that it got 2 DCs fired.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Have you?

We sure do have a lot of wannabe coaches in here. Ill add your name to the list for Billy to call after the season.
Yes - for a little over 16 years at every level except college. Mostly on the offensive side of the ball.

I've never won a state title like Bushmaster nor worked for a big program like ltraz, but I've been with teams that have made noise in the state playoffs. The past two seasons I've gone down to coach my youngest, and I'm doing opponent film breakdowns for the local high school where I've coached previously. I'm sure the two I mentioned are on your list of "wannabes" - I'd be honored to be in that company.

You know why you didn't answer my question? Because the answer reveals that you just gush your plentiful ignorance every time you post.

Personally, I'd shut up and learn something rather than trying to pull water from your dry well. There are guys that know what they are talking about and who are focusing on patience and hoping the staff can adjust and grow (I think Cover before he took off was in that camp) and they are others who feel like we've seen enough to suspect the DC isn't learning from his mistakes.

By the way, I missed the part where this staff arrived 7 weeks ago. Pretty sure they had all spring and fall to be ready.

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
Yes - for a little over 16 years at every level except college. Mostly on the offensive side of the ball.

I've never won a state title like Bushmaster nor worked for a big program like ltraz, but I've been with teams that have made noise in the state playoffs. The past two seasons I've gone down to coach my youngest, and I'm doing opponent film breakdowns for the local high school where I've coached previously. I'm sure the two I mentioned are on your list of "wannabes" - I'd be honored to be in that company.

You know why you didn't answer my question? Because the answer reveals that you just gush your plentiful ignorance every time you post.

Personally, I'd shut up and learn something rather than trying to pull water from your dry well. There are guys that know what they are talking about and who are focusing on patience and hoping the staff can adjust and grow (I think Cover before he took off was in that camp) and they are others who feel like we've seen enough to suspect the DC isn't learning from his mistakes.

By the way, I missed the part where this staff arrived 7 weeks ago. Pretty sure they had all spring and fall to be ready.
To answer your question, Yes. I coached 11-12 yr olds for about 10 years, making the semi finals a few times. Started helping out on defense then became the defensive coach, then coached offense before I was selected by the team Prez to the HC spot. Ran Single Wing concepts from multiple sets on offense and on defense we had our best seasons running a watered down 46 Bear style D as we faced a lot of option / new spread teams. Damn Chip Kelly lol
So like you, small ball, no titles nothing to brag about.
So how bout we stop beating our chest on the small ball we did for fun n leave the big boy ball up to the guys like Billy who have built winners / Conf Champs and see where it goes instead of doubting every move he makes under these circumstances.
BTW, I dont agree with everything he does either, but imo its hard to criticize when you have a new QB whos very erratic and a defense that lost its best players on a unit that was pretty bad last yr.

5-Star Finger

Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
So like you, small ball, no titles nothing to brag about.
So how bout we stop beating our chest on the small ball we did for fun n leave the big boy ball up to the guys like Billy who have built winners / Conf Champs and see where it goes instead of doubting every move he makes under these circumstances.
tRuSt ThE cOaChEs. Hard pass. That's a **** argument and an appeal to authority

It's funny that you seem to have very basic misunderstandings of pass coverage and run fits. When another team is consistently getting numbers on you it is not the players. Period. Full stop. That is a scheme issue. If your players have certain deficiencies and they are consistently in positions where you allow those deficiencies to be preyed upon by the other team, that is also a scheme issue. While what that looks like changes based on the complexities of offensive and defensive schemes being employed, it is true at every level of football from midget to the NFL.

You really have two choices:
1. You believe that the players are either incapable (which you seem to believe) of understanding or executing the scheme the coaches are trying to implement and therefore are not adjusting correctly to the formations and concepts being employed by the offense.
2. You believe the problem is that opposing OCs have already figured out how to break our DC's scheme and he is unable to comprehend what is needed to adjust.

Which of these two options is not the coaches fault? The answer of course is neither. Coaches are teachers; highly paid teachers in the case of Division 1. The Gators are below 110th in yards per carry, yards per attempt and third down defense. You don't get to debate that - it's a fact. It's also a fact that all of those are FAR worse than last year and we haven't yet played Georgia which is certain to make even those numbers take a nosedive. If you can't do better than that with the athletes Florida does have you are a failure and you are the problem.

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
tRuSt ThE cOaChEs. Hard pass. That's a **** argument and an appeal to authority

It's funny that you seem to have very basic misunderstandings of pass coverage and run fits. When another team is consistently getting numbers on you it is not the players. Period. Full stop. That is a scheme issue. If your players have certain deficiencies and they are consistently in positions where you allow those deficiencies to be preyed upon by the other team, that is also a scheme issue. While what that looks like changes based on the complexities of offensive and defensive schemes being employed, it is true at every level of football from midget to the NFL.

You really have two choices:
1. You believe that the players are either incapable (which you seem to believe) of understanding or executing the scheme the coaches are trying to implement and therefore are not adjusting correctly to the formations and concepts being employed by the offense.
2. You believe the problem is that opposing OCs have already figured out how to break our DC's scheme and he is unable to comprehend what is needed to adjust.

Which of these two options is not the coaches fault? The answer of course is neither. Coaches are teachers; highly paid teachers in the case of Division 1. The Gators are below 110th in yards per carry, yards per attempt and third down defense. You don't get to debate that - it's a fact. It's also a fact that all of those are FAR worse than last year and we haven't yet played Georgia which is certain to make even those numbers take a nosedive. If you can't do better than that with the athletes Florida does have you are a failure and you are the problem.
Are you seriously implying that Corey Raymond, “Mr DBU” a man widely considered to be among the best DB coaches in the Nation… cant teach, and not only that but by your comments you’re saying he is also derelict in his duties as Assistant HC that he just stands there in meetings n on the field and watches the younger Toney teach bad techniques n coverage fundamentals to our Safeties with no pull to the side correction or going to Billy like where the hell did you find this clown if that were the case

I mean I get going to bat for players, but wow.

I got nothin …

5-Star Finger

Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Are you seriously implying that Corey Raymond, “Mr DBU” a man widely considered to be among the best DB coaches in the Nation… cant teach, and not only that but by your comments you’re saying he is also derelict in his duties as Assistant HC that he just stands there in meetings n on the field and watches the younger Toney teach bad techniques n coverage fundamentals to our Safeties with no pull to the side correction or going to Billy like where the hell did you find this clown if that were the case

I mean I get going to bat for players, but wow.

I got nothin …

Okay, this is where you reveal that you've never dealt with serious football in any capacity. Position coaches coach technique that supports the scheme. That's their part in the football sauce. I'm not the one talking about technique. You're the one that thinks the technique and or the player is bad.

I'm talking about scheme. If you don't know what I'm talking about here, I really can't help you. You're in way out of your depth buddy.

Last edited:

5-Star Finger

Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017

I think I was typing my response when you were typing yours. I'm dead, dude. They idea that this would happen at a football practice. Suggest something? Maybe.

This was when I was coaching line some years ago at a decent sized high school in the Jacksonville area. Our OC was a former D1 running back. Great guy, but had reached his level of incompetence. He loved running power. I mean he ****ing loved it. Loved it to the point that opposing fans in the stands were shouting that **** before the snap.

So in year two of this we've got a situation where we're serious short one interior lineman that could move well enough to get there on the pull. It was obvious the very first time we got to thud that asking this guard to pull was a losing proposition. So I suggested that if he wanted to run it we may only to do it occasionally and only pull the guard that you know, can actually pull. I'm quoting here: "We'll flip the guards whenever we want to run it to the other side."

That was the end of it. That's what we did. As you can imagine no one noticed that the nearly perfectly round offensive lineman switched sides right before we ran power using the other guard.

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
Ok, you’re right, all of our DB players are ranked accurately. 3 different safety coaches n 3 DCs couldn’t get Dean to be a playmaker. Must be 100% all their faults
lets see, being in the Military I know a thing or 2 about Rank Structure. You’re telling me the Assistant Head Coach aka #2 Team Daddy wouldn’t tell the Safety coach behind closed doors hey I think that’s wrong?
Yeah, ok

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
All I know is if I’m Billy n I have Corey Raymond on my staff as #2 and my pass D is in the friggan gutter I’m pulling him n a meeting n asking him what he feels needs to be done to fix it. Def having a come to Jesus meeting with the entire staff to ask the same questions knowing my ass is on the line.

But that’s just me

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
All I know is if I’m Billy n I have Corey Raymond on my staff as #2 and my pass D is in the friggan gutter I’m pulling him n a meeting n asking him what he feels needs to be done to fix it. Def having a come to Jesus meeting with the entire staff to ask the same questions knowing my ass is on the line.

But that’s just me
Is it really that difficult to add the “I” on “in” or type out “defiantly”? Now you are making yourself look like a teenager.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

But that’s just me

He won’t. I’ve seen enough through 7 games to know he’s not changing. And as I said in the chat, why would he? He’ll be filthy rich regardless. Anyway, I’d be shocked if Raymond is in this staff next season.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
He won’t. I’ve seen enough through 7 games to know he’s not changing. And as I said in the chat, why would he? He’ll be filthy rich regardless. Anyway, I’d be shocked if Raymond is in this staff next season.
Need to give BN the bye week to let things sink in.

He'll make a change on D.

prayer GIF

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
Is it really that difficult to add the “I” on “in” or type out “defiantly”? Now you are making yourself look like a teenager.
Defiantly? Lol, that doesn’t even go with what I was saying in that sentence . I’m sorry your comprehension is lacking, Mr Grammar po po

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
Please by all means, give us your wisdom as obviously you have college coaching insight. What team did you coach for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.