LSU band deliberately plays over Petty tribute, then issues BS statement about it

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It's total ********. They played over both "We Are the Boys" and the tribute. They're guests in our f**king stadium. They don't dictate their "traditions" to us. They could have waited as was requested and they chose not to. Dooshbags.

Whatever. The tribute was awesome.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
I asked this in another thread, I'll ask in here.

Did anyone record the end of the CBS broadcast? Did CBS overlay a Tom Petty track over LSU highlights?

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Just another reason to HATE LSUck. They were told of the Tribute and just decide to do it anyway. Can't wait for these asshats to come back next year.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
To be fair they had all been drinking heavily since the age of 11 and their parents were all first cousins............

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
The chance was there to make them pay and really stick it to 'em...but McElstain happens

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
I generally like LSU, their fans are party animals, and I like their style of football.

However, it's obvious the administration and people in authority are complete @$$holes.

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think we would have complained about it regardless of winning or losing. They played over both tributes to Petty (earlier on the PA played Free Fallin) and We are the Boys

they can eat S#&$ forever as far as I'm concerned. Would feel the same way if we won 100-0

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
This rivalry has risen to another level. When the refs were reviewing the lsu player for targeting they played the replay over and over again then paused it right before impact and right after impact and played it 25 more times. I was literally LMAO. To bad our coaches screwed up what would have been a awesome night.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
This would bother me if we had won. We didn't. We deserve whatever they dish out. Victor, spoils. Like flying your effing eagle on the field, etc. This, too, is on McElstain.

Last edited:

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
So, “decades of tradition” is more important than a tribute to a hometown hero who just passed away. Got it.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

Bullshyt. They started it exactly at the beginning of “we are the boys” and blasted as loud as they possibly could through the entire thing. they continued on well into the Tom Petty tribute They finally stopped after about 45 seconds when they were drowned out. They knew exactly what they were doing. The a-hole corn dog fans behind me were yelling and laughing through it all.

Fk them and that pansy-ass BS “oops we didn’t mean to” message. If you’re going to be ass holes, at least have the spine to admit it, chicken shyits.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Bullshyt. They started it exactly at the beginning of “we are the boys” and blasted as loud as they possibly could through the entire thing. they continued on well into the Tom Petty tribute They finally stopped after about 45 seconds when they were drowned out. They knew exactly what they were doing. The a-hole corn dog fans behind me were yelling and laughing through it all.

Fk them and that pansy-ass BS “oops we didn’t mean to” message. If you’re going to be ass holes, at least have the spine to admit it, chicken shyits.
You should really stop beating around the bush.

By the way, you mentioned in the box you had words with a corndog fan behind you. Tell us about it. Omit nothing.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
You should really stop beating around the bush.

By the way, you mentioned in the box you had words with a corndog fan behind you. Tell us about it. Omit nothing.

You’ll be disappointed. We exchanged recipes and then had a discussion on self fornication. Pretty boilerplate stuff. There were kids around so I chose to end It there

He did get a look at this hangnail on my finger too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.