LSU is in shambles; Kelly overpaid by a million bucks, "slips his mind" to report it

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The LSU brass have to be licking their chops at this glorious opportunity to get out of a contract they know now was a huge mistake, without paying a buyout. I'll bet they are all over this. Wouldn't shock me if they plant evidence themselves, just to make sure the firing holds up to any future legal challenges. I could see them perhaps bringing in a young actress who could cook up a great story.

Giving Ed O that contract, when it was completely clear to everyone that Brady/Burrow was 100% the reason for their success, has to be one of the most embarrassing acts in college football history. Orgeron is a walking joke. Get his fat, embarrassing ass out of the SEC. Frankly, they should send the AD who drew up that contract out with him.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
First...Without his Former Assistants it would not be a great loss
Second...He'd get another coaching job at some place like Louisville
Third...LSU is such a dumpster fire...It might be a greater punishment to leave him there for a few more seasons...THEN cut him

I heard on this board that coaching doesn't matter if you have talent at quarterback.... Looking at what their offensive system look like last year, and what you see this year.... huge difference. Take a look at what the Carolina Panthers are running, a really solid NFL offense (not great) with a quarterback & running back who can't stay on the field.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It doesn't, Ed Oregon is the poster boy for that assertion. Jimbo Fisher is another.

Coaching matters, having a great Xs and Os coach at Head Coach doesn't. Can't discount the importance of Brady last year, or in our case Johnson this year. Brady made Orge a schit ton of money.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
iu

Alex.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Ida is slated to pass right over LSU Monday...campus is very, very low...80 -100mph...12" or rain. Opening game may be a stretch?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The LSU assault guy that's in the biggest trouble is the cajun who thought it was the "Me Two" movement. :confused:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The LSU brass have to be licking their chops at this glorious opportunity to get out of a contract
He makes a 1.5 million less than Dan Mullinz and at least has an SEC trophy and NC trophy on his shelf.

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
Ida is slated to pass right over LSU Monday...campus is very, very low...80 -100mph...12" or rain. Opening game may be a stretch?

This storm passed right over my town. War Zone, no power, no water, no fuel. I’m in better shape than other but will be a long rebuild. Nightmare scenario for Houma/Thibodaux, we took this one on chin. Baton Rouge and New Orleans not nearly as bad, but those areas will be the ones covered by news.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
This storm passed right over my town. War Zone, no power, no water, no fuel. I’m in better shape than other but will be a long rebuild. Nightmare scenario for Houma/Thibodaux, we took this one on chin. Baton Rouge and New Orleans not nearly as bad, but those areas will be the ones covered by news.

Hoping all the best for you DZ. Hang in there

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
Family is safe, main thing. Everything else replaceable. We stayed through storm. I have direct tv and a generator so I’ll be routing for the gators and hopefully alot to smile about come saturday

go gators

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Things are going to get crazy in Baton Rouge. These guys tell some interesting stories about the going on's. There's a story about him going to a football camp w/ his son's and talking sh*t to some random dude's at the 31:15 mark:

Cliff's notes:

Guy is down at fishing camp with a group and group see Ed O and his sons. Someone says off the cuff “he better win every game this year.”

10 minutes later, Ed O shows up at their camp asking “Someone got something to say to me?” presumably looking for a fight.

Someone recorded this interaction and sent it into the LSU administration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.