Luke Ancrum calls out Hevesy on twitter

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It's still early in the game of life, Luke. You still have a chance to make Hev's premonition come true.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

This is the problem, it could be Ancrum and I don't doubt (from what I heard) he is a bit of a douchecanoe, but so is Hev. Regardless if Hev is 100% right, it's a bad look for the brand. There is no doubt FSU, LSU, UGA, etc.. is gonna use this against us, especially with it being public.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
No biggie. They already have a boatload of crap against us and they don't really need this.

It will be mentioned, in high school my mom worked in the college of architecture. Spurrier would have the kids they were recruiting (especially from the northern states) cross that little grassy area by Broward Pool to look at the girls sunbathing in late fall/early spring. The stories you would hear those players telling the recruits about other staffs while looking at quality of the UF female. The other coaches might mention it, but be damn sure the kids that are guiding the recruits around campus will bring it up.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yea... I know it’s internet cool to agree with Hev but come on... in no way shape or form is this good. @ltraz maybe this is the break we need to boot him. I know you believe he’s salvageable if paired with a strong recruiter but why put up with this crap if you could have a good OL coach that can recruit too?
No one thinks its good PR but Hevesy cant recruit anyway so it doesnt matter, does it?
we were getting leftover garbage before and we're going to continue getting that.

I was told we don't need talent.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
1 out of 1.

Or maybe 1 out of 2 (DwagChoked).

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Which is the bigger issue for Ancrum? The fact that he wasn’t called, much less drafted or that Hevesy hurt his feelings, insulted his dignity? My guess would be that he legitimately thought or was convinced that he would be signing a pro contract this year. When that didn’t happen, victim hood became an easy deflection, a way to save face.

We can argue all day whether Hevesy committed an egregious act and should be dismissed or whether the coach finally had enough of his antics and let him know what the real world could have in store. I don’t believe you necessarily have to be a player’s position coach to get on him either. Sometimes the truth has to be told.

Part of playing football has been learning to take criticism. Often times it is thrown at you harsh, fast, and loud with the goal of not only correcting mistakes, but to extinguish them as well. Football players, particularly the most successful ones, have to have a lot of self-confidence and it is often overtly manifested in a big ego. But they still have to be able to respond to direction and correction and keep the team at the forefront. If you can’t, you might need to consider individual sports.

I’m sure that there are several other OL coaches that could do better for us. I also don’t have a problem with Hevesy sticking around to see what he can get out of the OL that we currently have. But if he is ever replaced, I hope we get somebody that will also tell it like it is. We’ve got enough young adults with a sense of entitlement and a lack of self-awareness and work ethic. That should be the worst case scenario of what a college football player leaves with when his time has come to an end.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Why did Hevesy leave UF in 2009 to follow Mullen to Miss State (to be the OL coach)? I could see if it was a promotion to OC and a raise. And did Addazio take over OL duties at UF in 2009?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Why did Hevesy leave UF in 2009 to follow Mullen to Miss State (to be the OL coach)? I could see if it was a promotion to OC and a raise. And did Addazio take over OL duties at UF in 2009?
Daz was on staff sharing OL duties, but then he took over both OL and OC and began our decades of despair.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Daz was on staff sharing OL duties, but then he took over both OL and OC and began our decades of despair.

Right...but why TF would Hevesy leave UF at that time, and not get the OC title? Or maybe he did?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Right...but why TF would Hevesy leave UF at that time, and not get the OC title? Or maybe he did?
Well, pretty sure he was on the outs, hence why we hired a second OL coach to begin with. Daz was supposed to be the charm and Hev was the brains and discipline on the OL. The OL went to hell after Hev left, but he wasn't well liked then either.

As for OC, I don't think so. That guy that was coach at directional Louisiana (Edit: Mark Hudspeth, edit again it looks like he was just passing game coordinator, lulz, a triple option OC as a PGC for Mullinz) that got fired the year after Fooley had him as his #2 choice (after Butters) was the first OC at Cowbell. He was absolute garbage too.

Hevesy might have been "run game coordinator" or something.

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Well, pretty sure he was on the outs, hence why we hired a second OL coach to begin with.

As for OC, I don't think so. That guy that was coach at LaTech that got fired the year after Fooley had him as his #2 choice (after Butters) was the first OC at Cowbell. He was absolute garbage too.

Hudspeth? Amazing he's been w/ Mullen this long (Knox was on that first staff too - so was David Turner).

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Hudspeth? Amazing he's been w/ Mullen this long (Knox was on that first staff too - so was David Turner).
Hudspeth didn't follow Mullinz in 2019. That was weird.

I thought his entourage of mediocrity was pretty loyal.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So would it be a good thing for us if Ancrum actually does get arrested for something soon? :bandit:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.