Recruiting Mac already meeting recruits (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;145138 said:
Not to be a Debbie Downer but we just had another decommittment.
Chauncy Gardner - 2016 Safety has opened up his recruitment.

Whoa... That's really unexpected. I follow this kid on Twitter and he has said nothing but pro gator things for the last year.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n145166 said:
Whoa... That's really unexpected. I follow this kid on Twitter and he has said nothing but pro gator things for the last year.

Nothing to freak out about. The new staff has a whole year to get back on his good graces.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not really concerned about losing the 2016 kid, but I am concerned that this makes the 3rd decommitment for this staff with only one commitment. I just have a hard time understanding why we didn't see a surge in recruiting almost as soon as we got rid of Muschamp.

There's still time....

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n145124 said:
It is a shame since we should be killing it this year.
Yes if we had killed IT last year, then we would be killin' it this year.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n145129 said:
Maybe a coincidence, but Bob Redman of scout said on gator radio on my way home that he knows of one other early enrollee we will probably get, but probably not until later this week or the weekend but promised the kid he wouldn't say his name....an hour or so after the news Merrick is trying to qualify to early enroll in an unnamed school.

I'm sure it's Merrick. Still waiting on NCAA Clearinghouse.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law would be excited about this 2016 recruiting tidbit. We had 3 commits. Gardner is a 4 star DB. (IMO a really good CB). What positions are the other 2 commits?

HINT: It'll aggravate the hell of Law

Yep, CB.

http://recruiting.blogs.gatorsports.com/19835/2016-cb-gardner-decommits-from-gators/

The 5-foot-11, 190-pounder flipped from Miami to the Gators in June after camping at UF.
Robinson, Florida’s former secondary coach who is now at Auburn, primarily recruited Gardner and heavily factored into his summer decision.
Gardner currently holds seven offers, including Notre Dame and Ohio State.
The Gators now have two verbal commitments — athletes Tyler Byrd and Tre Jackson — in their 2016 class. Both were recruited as cornerbacks by the previous staff.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n145198 said:
I'm not really concerned about losing the 2016 kid, but I am concerned that this makes the 3rd decommitment for this staff with only one commitment. I just have a hard time understanding why we didn't see a surge in recruiting almost as soon as we got rid of Muschamp.

There's still time....

Most of these kids are being recruited for years. This staff was just formalized this week. Not much chance to build relationships and sway them, so we'll take it on the chin this year. As long as we can land 5-6 OL, a few linebackers and maybe a RB or two we should be OK. Anything else would be gravy.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Law98gator;n145034 said:
It's never been this bad, or even close. Even during transitions.

Of course, we were never 4-8 losing homecomings to SEC cupcakes and losing to 1AA teams. Adn we've never had a 100+ rated offense 4 years in a row.

Mushchimp is a once in a lifetime level of SUCK.

As time moves on Musclecramp is more and more making Ron Zook look like a candidate for a statue outside BHG stadium in comparison. Even after living every painful moment of the past four years I'm still dumbfounded at the absolute near total collapse of our football program. We are going to have to give Mac some leeway here to straighten out the clusterf*** he bequeathed us. I know how everyone wanted to keep T-Rob but this coaching staff needed to be euthanized in its entirety. IOW, the only direction left is up.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

There's still time....

that's just not a realistic expectation right now. Give the guy a few weeks to recruit these kids. He's been in Colorado the past 3 years these kids barely know who he is. It's always tough in a transition year.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member

There's still time....

Well I bet many of our targets had relationships with the previous staff who are now gone, so I did not expect a surge but rather some players giving us another opportunity to recruit them. I hope that many will see the opportunity for immediate playing time, a great education, and good support as well to become Gators. It will be a difficult job to get a large and great class and my expectations are that it won't be that great in the end. I would like to be wrong.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
A lot has been made about Cowart's visit with his mom to UF coming up. After reading the story by bowlhead, does anyone think he ends up at FSU? I can't see how his mother would sign off after all the messes they've had up there.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@AndrewSpiveyGC: “@New_EraJD3: Florida just offered 🐊🔷🔶 #SEC #GoGators” CB Jeremiah Dinson

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;145284 said:
@AndrewSpiveyGC: “@New_EraJD3: Florida just offered 🐊🔷🔶 #SEC #GoGators” CB Jeremiah Dinson

Kentucky commit. S. Florida kid. Don't know much about him.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n145275 said:
A lot has been made about Cowart's visit with his mom to UF coming up. After reading the story by bowlhead, does anyone think he ends up at FSU? I can't see how his mother would sign off after all the messes they've had up there.

after following recruiting for the last few years, I never know what to expect. All I know is, it's not over untill they're actually on campus

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
VulcanAlex;n145274 said:
Well I bet many of our targets had relationships with the previous staff who are now gone, so I did not expect a surge but rather some players giving us another opportunity to recruit them. I hope that many will see the opportunity for immediate playing time, a great education, and good support as well to become Gators. It will be a difficult job to get a large and great class and my expectations are that it won't be that great in the end. I would like to be wrong.

Exactly.

I would think that the kids ... young men ... most likely to commit to the new staff and as Gators, with as little contact with the new coaches as there's been time to have, would be in-state players who already know the Florida program, and have family and friends who are Gator fans. In other words, the ones who would have been considered as Florida leans in good years, due to location and connections, are still the closest to Gator-leans in bad years too. And it should be really helpful that so many of our new coaches have very strong ties and experience in recruiting Florida.

But there can be no question that recruiting for 2015 is a major uphill battle.

Personally, I am not setting any expectations for who we'll land, and what mix of players. From my vantage point, I'm not going to spend any time questioning or second-guessing the efforts and choices that our new coaches make; they're jumping into a crisis and I am confident they'll work inhumanely hard to get as many future good-to-great Gators as is possible, while following the rules. We'll have some good gets, and some disappointments, but it won't be for lack of effort.

And after that, the staff better be good at assessing the talent they have, game-planning around our players' strengths and weaknesses, and developing the players we have. None of those coaching skills have been prominent in the Muschamp era. We won't be deep, but with smart coaching we can be competitive on the field in 2015 and 2016. (In 2017 and beyond, I expect us to start being scary-good again, the Mighty Mighty Gators.)

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n145240 said:
that's just not a realistic expectation right now. Give the guy a few weeks to recruit these kids. He's been in Colorado the past 3 years these kids barely know who he is. It's always tough in a transition year.

I'm giving him time.

cornbread

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n145287 said:
i thought it was the dead period :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.