Recruiting Mac already meeting recruits (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cornbread

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n145325 said:
No face to face contact
ten four, I thought only the kids could contact coaches, if so I guess he called mac?

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Dead Period:
The college coach cannot make in-person contact with you or your legal guardians. This prevents the coach from making any evaluations of you whatsoever. However, the coach can make telephone calls to you or your legal guardians.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
You typically make an offer through the HS coach. No real contact needed.

cornbread

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n145336 said:
Dead Period:
The college coach cannot make in-person contact with you or your legal guardians. This prevents the coach from making any evaluations of you whatsoever. However, the coach can make telephone calls to you or your legal guardians.
.:thumbup:

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
heversle;n145386 said:
Kid looks like a home run hitter. Very elusive in the open field. Further shows that Muschamp was a complete bonehead when it came to offensive recruiting. :headshake:

Subtle moves. North to South runner.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I just heard from a very good friend, who knows recruiting in the state. He told me that Coach Mac is very close to flipping four FSU and three Miami recruits - top recruits. QB Franois, WR Auden Tate - FSU and RB Scarlet and OL ST. Louis - Miami, are some of the top recruits. Plus, it looks like he has locked down CeCe Jefferson, Ivey, Cowart and Holland. They are baby Gators, about to crack out of their shells. WR Dillon, who lit it up in the All Star game, looks to remain solid and Coach Mac has gained the interest of other top recruits across the country. That's 11 recruits, which would put us at 19. He said Coach Mac will sign about five OL. I believe, based on what I'm hearing that we will sign 23 - 25 a maybe more, with some transfers. It wouldn't surprise me if Jefferson commits real soon. Coach Mac wants him to start the tidal wave of talent flowing in to Gainesville.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder how many backs we would take if more than one kid wants to commit to us. I would love for us to get Cronkrite and possibly flip a guy like Jordan Scarlett. That might be wishful thinking though. Beggars can't be choosers at this stage in the game. Either of those guys would be great at this point.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n145198 said:
but I am concerned that this makes the 3rd decommitment for this staff with only one commitment.

I just have a hard time understanding why we didn't see a surge in recruiting almost as soon as we got rid of Muschamp...

(1) The staff was literally just announced yesterday. I would hardly blame those de-commitments on the brand new staff. That makes zero sense.

(2) Why is hard to understand why we didn't have a surge in recruiting as soon as Muschamp was fired? That point of view can only be seen through orange and blue lenses. Why in the world would the kids be inclined to immediately commit based solely upon a firing of one coach and staff (esp since that staff was who they had relationships with) and with no knowledge of who their position coach is going to be, what the next staff will look like, what their scheme and coaching philosophies are, etc. ?.?.?.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
:chomp:
GIGator;n145405 said:
I just heard from a very good friend, who knows recruiting in the state. He told me that Coach Mac is very close to flipping four FSU and three Miami recruits - top recruits. QB Franois, WR Auden Tate - FSU and RB Scarlet and OL ST. Louis - Miami, are some of the top recruits. Plus, it looks like he has locked down CeCe Jefferson, Ivey, Cowart and Holland. They are baby Gators, about to crack out of their shells. WR Dillon, who lit it up in the All Star game, looks to remain solid and Coach Mac has gained the interest of other top recruits across the country. That's 11 recruits, which would put us at 19. He said Coach Mac will sign about five OL. I believe, based on what I'm hearing that we will sign 23 - 25 a maybe more, with some transfers. It wouldn't surprise me if Jefferson commits real soon. Coach Mac wants him to start the tidal wave of talent flowing in to Gainesville.
I damn sure hope that friend of yours is right.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Based on those names that would jump us from the #75 to the #9 class in the country. That's....lofty to say the least. Hope it happens but I have my doubts.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n145405 said:

I really really hope your friend is right! Sounds too good to be true!

GatorBenji

Sep 6, 2014
GIGator;n145405 said:
MAN if you are right sir.. Gainesville would be buzzing come spring practice!

GatorBenji

Sep 6, 2014
williston_gator;n145420 said:
Based on those names that would jump us from the #75 to the #9 class in the country. That's....lofty to say the least. Hope it happens but I have my doubts.
If we even crack top 30 thats an accomplishment

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n145405 said:

Please let this be true! If we could get Jefferson, Cowart and Ivey I think we start to see a wave, I'm just ready for that wave to start!

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n145405 said:

My butthole hurts from all that sunshine, but I hope you're right

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
One topic that hasn't been touched on since Coach Mac hasn't been hired is his thoughts on recruiting JUCO guys. One would think he would offer a few O-lineman to get some immediate depth going into next year. I wonder if a few new names will pop up before NSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator