Recruiting Mac already meeting recruits (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
heversle;n145437 said:
One topic that hasn't been touched on since Coach Mac hasn't been hired is his thoughts on recruiting JUCO guys. One would think he would offer a few O-lineman to get some immediate depth going into next year. I wonder if a few new names will pop up before NSD.

I was thinking the same thing. I'd think we'd need to land a couple of juco guys who would have the size, strength and experience that the talented freshman will be lacking. With a couple of injuries we could be forced with the very real possibility of starting multiple freshman on the OL. That would suck, suck, suck. I don't care how special and highly recruited these kids are. There is absolutely no comparison to move from blocking HS kids to blocking GROWN ASS, mean as hell MEN in the SEC.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
heversle;n145437 said:
One topic that hasn't been touched on since Coach Mac hasn't been hired is his thoughts on recruiting JUCO guys. One would think he would offer a few O-lineman to get some immediate depth going into next year. I wonder if a few new names will pop up before NSD.

Pretty sure they were after Brandon Pertile, a Juco offensive tackle who had previously committed to Oklahoma State. I read that he was ready to commit to UF but did not qualify academically and went back to the Cowboys. Sounds like the new coaches are aware Juco's can be a short term solution for the offensive line problems.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n145405 said:
I just heard from a very good friend, who knows recruiting in the state. He told me that Coach Mac is very close to flipping four FSU and three Miami recruits - top recruits. QB Franois, WR Auden Tate - FSU and RB Scarlet and OL ST. Louis - Miami, are some of the top recruits. Plus, it looks like he has locked down CeCe Jefferson, Ivey, Cowart and Holland. They are baby Gators, about to crack out of their shells. WR Dillon, who lit it up in the All Star game, looks to remain solid and Coach Mac has gained the interest of other top recruits across the country. That's 11 recruits, which would put us at 19. He said Coach Mac will sign about five OL. I believe, based on what I'm hearing that we will sign 23 - 25 a maybe more, with some transfers. It wouldn't surprise me if Jefferson commits real soon. Coach Mac wants him to start the tidal wave of talent flowing in to Gainesville.

Did your buddy eat copious amounts of paint chips as a child?

Just kidding, but seriously, this would be one of the bigger coups in recruiting history if this were true. That being said, hope he's right! We need good news for once around these parts.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, if that were true, there would be huge national buzz around the program for the entire offseason.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GI's sources are legit. That doesnt mean that he isnt getting info with orange and blue tint, and we are talking about 17 yo boys, but I assure you he isnt pulling this out of thin air.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
They just said on the radio that Kalif Jackson (6'-5" 200lb 3*wr) also enrolled early.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n145478 said:
GI's sources are legit. That doesnt mean that he isnt getting info with orange and blue tint, and we are talking about 17 yo boys, but I assure you he isnt pulling this out of thin air.

Is his source the artist formerly known as crucial?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz;n145499 said:
Is his source the artist formerly known as crucial?

Nooooooooooooooooo. And no affinity for bowl haircuts either.

Nor are GIs sources particularly optimistic. A few weeks ago GIs sources were convinced our class might even get worse.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n145514 said:

Nor are GIs sources particularly optimistic. A few weeks ago GIs sources were convinced our class might even get worse.

Well, so far it has...

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Originally posted by Law98gator View Post

NavetG8r;n145524 said:
Well, so far it has...
Sooo... this means it's true then?!?! :woohoo:

ShadowGator

Broken
Oct 24, 2014
Hopefully all of CeCe's tweets about Auburn and Ole Miss are just for show to counter recruit against those schools (by appearing to take up a spot) It sounds like Cowart has a bunch of people who will commit to the school he chooses, which is very much similar to Brandon Spikes saying he would commit wherever Tebow did.

I think Cowart will be a Gator... so lets hope the followers are true. I just wish recruits were less hung up about commiting on NSD. Get the ball rolling now is better for the school they are going to attend, assuming they already have a decision made of course.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
ShadowGator;n145562 said:
Hopefully all of CeCe's tweets about Auburn and Ole Miss are just for show to counter recruit against those schools (by appearing to take up a spot)
If recruiting battles have gotten to the point where 17 year olds are now throwing out shoutouts to schools or committing early just to screw with other schools, fans or other commits then I do believe we have created a monster. :facepalm:

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
Durty South Swamp;n145570 said:
If recruiting battles have gotten to the point where 17 year olds are now throwing out shoutouts to schools or committing early just to screw with other schools, fans or other commits then I do believe we have created a monster. :facepalm:

*cough*dalvincook*cough*

ShadowGator

Broken
Oct 24, 2014
Durty South Swamp;n145570 said:

This has been happening for many years. You have heard of Silent Commits. And as noted above, there are the attention whores who like to act one way just to pull a "shocker" on announcement day. And of course, many coaches ask their secret commits to recruit other players while on official visits to other schools. This is nothing new, just a bit more out in the open nowadays.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Only the Shadow knows what evil lurks in the hearts of......
It is wise to avoid watching the making of laws and sausage.... and the recruiting of 17-18 y.o. self-centered high-school football players.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Since65;n145454 said:
Pretty sure they were after Brandon Pertile, a Juco offensive tackle who had previously committed to Oklahoma State. I read that he was ready to commit to UF but did not qualify academically and went back to the Cowboys. Sounds like the new coaches are aware Juco's can be a short term solution for the offensive line problems.

I remember that too and that they had other JUCO OL prospects they were looking at. Might be nice to get a couple of JUCOs in for the next two years so the incoming OL guys have time to develop before they get tossed into the fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator