Mac's comments from today

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Wow. Seems not long ago we heard from coaches and players alike that Treon and Will were neck and neck and several players made the claim that there would be little drop off in talent if any when Treon took over. Hmm. Now we need to revamp an offense that might be over loading our QB. I think im corn-fused. Now he "has been put in a bad spot".

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
You aren't seeing the forest for the trees. Treon isn't a drop back passer and has regressed. It's on the coaches to change and adapt on the fly. That's why they are getting millions. You do remember he is getting paid to do so, right? I'm sure there are a ton of teams where the back up QB has a different skill set then the starter. Adapt. It's what he is PAID to do. Jaysus

Can I get an Amen!

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If only our coach was smarter he could have seen the forest through the treons and we would national champs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
Mac is going to have Brandon Powell change his "in-motion" to when he gets in front of Treon,
he lays down, Treon takes snap and stands on Powell's butt to pass from the pocket.

Just because that's a crazy idea does not make it a bad idea. But a wider platform would be helpful if Treon is going to step into the throw with confidence that his footing is secure. So that probably means one of the tight ends rather than BPowell.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Treon's regression has gone hand and hand with the installation of more playbook. Treon is in over his head and needs to be spoon fed. As a drop back passer and the pocket collapses, it's then panic time. Needs plays with a shorter(pun intended) thought progression.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just because that's a crazy idea does not make it a bad idea. But a wider platform would be helpful if Treon is going to step into the throw with confidence that his footing is secure. So that probably means one of the tight ends rather than BPowell.
We should use B. Cox, Jr. The Defense would have no idea if it's going to be a run or pass until he knocks somebody out of Kelvin's way, or Treon climbs up on his back and tosses a quick pass over the middle to B.Powell. Yeah, that's it! I like it!

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Let me translate this:

We have simplified the offense and the moron still can't get it. We're f'ed!!!

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
We haven't been able to run spread option with Treon because we could not afford him to get hurt. It is all on the line this Saturday, I expect Treon to pull that ball out of Taylor or Scarlett's gut a few times a run around the end a bit. That will help keep the game closer IMHO.

G8RATL

Master of My Domain
Aug 14, 2015
Quick screens and slants won't get us anything if that's all that can be executed. For the last several games, the D has covered the 5-10 yard area from scrimmage with a spy on Treon because they know anything past that can't be hit.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Can we run the wildcat with Taylor and split Treon out into the slot and never throw it to him?

Kyng

Founding Member
The Freak
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2014
Founding Member
Treon isn't a drop back passer we get that. He's not a dual threat QB either. His running capabilities are overrated. And the definition of a dual threat QB is a QB that can run, and is a threat to pass. Harris can't even hit wide open receivers. His short passes have no touch. They are either behind the receiver or hitting him in the feet.

Also Bama is going to stack the box. They have arguably the best front in CFB. So running the option or zone read, or sweeps are just going to end up being blown up in the backfield. The only way to beat Bama is by having a QB that can beat them over the top. Treon isn't that guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator