Mac's Mundane Monday Morning Media Meeting

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
“In the end, the good thing was to see our guys never panic, really play with confidence.’’ — Mac

“It really had nothing to do with Feleipe doing anything wrong.” — Mac on QB change Saturday

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Mac says Del Rio wasn’t perfect Saturday, but “Luke will take the starting reps in practice” at QB.
“That should answer your quarterback question.” — Mac

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
“He’s run all over us for two years, plays with a little extra juice, obviously his hometown.” — Mac on Vandy RB Ralph Webb

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
“We needed a jumpstart. He came in and gave us that boost.’’ — Mac on Del Rio on Saturday.

"We are going to have an exciting punt drill today. Even more exciting on Tuesday." - Mac

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Mac adds that he’d like to see Townsend’s hang time improve, which would help coverage team.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
From SEC Country:

GAINESVILLE, Fla. — For the second week in a row, Florida coach Jim McElwain has spent the end of the weekend processing a dramatic last-second victory for his team.

The Gators scored 14 unanswered fourth-quarter points Saturday to score a 28-27 road win at Kentucky.

Now the attention turns to their home clash with Vanderbilt this week.

Follow along for live updates from his comments:

• “Another fun game. It really was. I know we’d like to put those things away earlier, and yet there was a lot to build on. I think one of the things that was really good, it was a great environment. … The crowd was great, and their team played their tails off. Give them their due. In the end, the good thing was to see our guys never panic, really play with confidence, understand kind of what we needed to do.”
  • “With the quarterback situation, as I said after the game and looking at the film it really had nothing to do with Feleipe doing anything wrong. And yet we were really in a stall mode there after half. We had a couple positions we didn’t get anything out of. … Luke is healthy now, and yet he made some mistakes. … And yet, in saying that, part of that is a little rust. Yet he did some really good things. I think that fourth down play, what he created throwing back in to Mark was big. They had the right defense called, had it boxed up. The idea of staying alive, giving yourself an opportunity, I think our team did that.”
  • “Luke will take the starting reps in practice and yet the other two guys will still get their reps as well and we’ll see where it goes kind of from there.”
  • On Vanderbilt’s lopsided loss to Alabama last week: “There’s a lot of people that happens to when you play Alabama. They’re very capable of very good. They’re a veteran team. Ralph Webb will come in here and he’s run all over us for two years. Plays with a little extra juice, his hometown. Two years ago I think he ran all the way home, had lunch, came back and did it again. That’s a guy we have to be able to stop.”
  • On decision to start Franks over Del Rio to start season: “Obviously Feleipe had a really good body of work, and that’s not to say Feleipe won’t start again. He continues to get better.”
  • On whether offense ran smoother with Del Rio: “A little bit rhythm. Like I said, we needed a jumpstart. Sometimes maybe not all cylinders were hitting. I think he came in and gave us that boost.”
  • Will Malik Davis start at RB? “We’ll rotate those guys. He obviously was a guy who had the hot hand there at the end. When you look at some of the unsung things, Lamical ran hard (early) and Mark Thompson did some things that (go unnoticed).”
  • On breaking announcement of felony charges for some of the suspended players: “I’ve been over at the radio station. I’m sure I will be (informed) when I get back, I guess.”
  • Do felony charges change things for those guys? Nods, “Darn right.”
  • Is this Antonio Callaway’s last strike? “You’re asking me something I don’t even know anything about. I don’t know that that’s fair.”
  • Did he expect Malik Davis to make this immediate impact? “Absolutely and we expect that from all our guys. That’s why recruit them. We have faith in them. We’re not afraid to play them no matter what the position is, as long a they show proof they’re ready for it.”
  • On Florida players taunting Kentucky fans after the win Saturday: “Act like you’ve been there. It’s an emotional game. In some cases, they’ve got to understand you don’t need to react to what maybe had happened to you. When you get stuff thrown on you, you’ve to maybe turn the cheek, which is what you should do.”
  • On not overlooking Vanderbilt after their lopsided loss to Alabama: “Let’s see, 9-6 and 13-7 or whatever it was. And when you look at it historically, noon kick, let’s go enjoy it and let’s take advantage of the opportunity to make up for lost time playing in The Swamp.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.