Mac's Mundane Monday Morning Media Meeting

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Of course. It's Townsend's fault.... Unbelievable!
here's how the exchange occurred:
Dooley asks if Townsend needs to punt differently (i.e. more hangtime)
Mac talked for awhile about needing more from the gunners and that practice this week would focus on getting down the field
Dooley asks again about hangtime and Mac agreed.

Not quite "townsend's fault"

He rightly called out both Townsend and the coverage

stop making me defend Mac, please:lol:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
here's how the exchange occurred:
Dooley asks if Townsend needs to punt differently (i.e. more hangtime)
Mac talked for awhile about needing more from the gunners and that practice this week would focus on getting down the field
Dooley asks again about hangtime and Mac agreed.

Not quite "townsend's fault"

He rightly called out both Townsend and the coverage

stop making me defend Mac, please:lol:

I hate you!! :D

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Meanwhile, GatChatters must tip their thinking caps to "g8tr72" for probably our first totally alliterative thread title.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member

This makes no sense. If he's so untrustworthy, can't read defenses and doesn't understand the playbook, how do the coaches expect this to change in a week, month or anytime this season? Especially if he isn't taking first team reps in practice or receiving in game experience? Mac and company are blowing serious hot garbage out of their azzes.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
“I guess people in the concession stands are liking us, because they are selling stuff all the way until the end,” McElwain joked afterward.

:dubster:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
“I guess people in the concession stands are liking us, because they are selling stuff all the way until the end,” McElwain joked afterward.

No freaking way, you're making this up right? Please tell me this is a joke...

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
No freaking way, you're making this up right? Please tell me this is a joke...

Nope. From Stewart Mandel's article:

https://theathletic.com/109841/2017...s-saquon-barkley-penn-state-tcu/?source=email

Florida’s sneaky strong track record
One day, perhaps a consortium of historians, sociologists and, well, exorcists, can put their minds together and figure out why it is that Kentucky cannot beat Florida in football.

Because really, this is truly getting ridiculous.

The Gators extended their hex over the Wildcats to 31 consecutive wins in a game the Wildcats really, truly looked like they had won. Kentucky led 27-14 midway through the fourth quarter and 27-21 with 49 seconds remaining. That’s when Mark Stoops’ team came out of a timeout with 12 players on the field; two ran off, leaving Kentucky one short and leaving Florida receiver Freddie Swain completely uncovered for what became the winning touchdown catch.

GettyImages-852677064-1024x697.jpg

But enough about poor Kentucky. Let’s talk about Florida for a moment.

With the win, the Gators improved to 15-3 in SEC play under a third-year coach Jim McElwain. How impressive is that number? Urban Meyer, who went on to win two national titles in Gainesvile, lost three SEC games in his first season alone.

So why, then, does it still feel like Florida is chronically underwhelming?

The Gators won this one despite their usual shortcomings at quarterback. Just a week after his triumphant bomb to beat Tennesse, Feliepe Franks did not make it the whole game against Kentucky. McElwain pulled him for former starter Luke Del Rio, who finished a ho-hum 9-of-14 for 74 yards.

An optimist, however, would note he became the second consecutive Gators quarterback to throw a late winning touchdown.

It’s a good thing McElwain has such a sarcastic sense of humor. He probably needs it to stomach having to watch that offense every week for three years.

The Gators are in first place at 2-0 in the SEC East. But no one who’s watched either team would put Florida’s odds of winning the division ahead of Georgia’s. The Dawgs pummeled a promising Mississippi State team 31-3 on Saturday. Their true freshman quarterback, Jake Fromm, finished with a stat line — 9-of-12 for 201 yards, two touchdowns and no interceptions — that at this point must seem humanly impossible for a Florida quarterback to achieve.

But McElwain is 2-0 against the Dawgs to this point, holds an .833 SEC winning percentage and has mastered the art of inexplicable victories. Bet against him at your own peril. We know Kentucky fans won’t be doing so anytime soon.

Buckman2000

Oct 1, 2016
“But McElwain is 2-0 against the Dawgs to this point, holds an .833 SEC winning percentage and has mastered the art of inexplicable victories. Bet against him at your own peril. We know Kentucky fans won’t be doing so anytime soon.”

That’s why he’s not going anywhere. It’s hard to make the case to fire a coach who wins 83.3% of his games. For a frame of reference Meyer was around 88% (including SECCG and BCS titles).

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014

Good for BBQ sales. There is method to his madness.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
“But McElwain is 2-0 against the Dawgs to this point, holds an .833 SEC winning percentage and has mastered the art of inexplicable victories. Bet against him at your own peril. We know Kentucky fans won’t be doing so anytime soon.”

That’s why he’s not going anywhere. It’s hard to make the case to fire a coach who wins 83.3% of his games. For a frame of reference Meyer was around 88% (including SECCG and BCS titles).
.833 in SEC, not overall. He's exactly .700 overall as he is 21-9 through 30 games played. Using an overall from meyer and comparing to mac's SEC is disingenuous at best. .700 overall is nothing to write home about.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We currently and temporarily employ the second coming of Les Miles.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This poor slob thought it would be fun to play the "And Yet" drinking game while watching a McElwain presser.

UKfan2.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator