Mac's Mundane Monday Morning Media Meeting

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Maybe but your response to me appears to have been fabricated from something I never said. The real message was ignored.

Law doesn't actually read anybody else's posts. He just looks for keywords and then launches into a somewhat related rant full of truths and half truths. It's performance art like Gallagher or Jazz.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Law doesn't actually read anybody else's posts. He just looks for keywords and then launches into a somewhat related rant full of truths and half truths. It's performance art like Gallagher or Jazz.
Exactly!

You have to pay to get my full attention.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
The "death threats" card. Puh-leeze. Show proof or STFU.

Yeah, I view this as evidence McElwain is getting heat inside the program. Only if he did not think there was a chance he would not be around would he risk harming the UF program by bringing up something like this.

I would not only want proof, but I want to know if the threats are any worse in number or perceived realness than at other places or other bad years at UF. I would not be surprised if the crazies made threats at UAL last year after they lost to Clemson. Crazies are going to crazy.

Gatorup!

Nov 14, 2016
Yeah, I view this as evidence McElwain is getting heat inside the program. Only if he did not think there was a chance he would not be around would he risk harming the UF program by bringing up something like this.

I would not only want proof, but I want to know if the threats are any worse in number or perceived realness than at other places or other bad years at UF. I would not be surprised if the crazies made threats at UAL last year after they lost to Clemson. Crazies are going to crazy.
So your interpretation (guess) of his mentioning death threats is evidence enough, but he's got to show you the messages and then get someone from statistics (maybe the FBI) to run a study to show if they are statistically significant compared to other programs.

"Crazies are going to crazy." Thanks for the example.

BTW, many on here seem awfully defensive about their negativity, posting how they're no worse than other programs' fans. The team is supposed to be better but that doesn't carry over to the fans. Got it!

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
So your interpretation (guess) of his mentioning death threats is evidence enough, but he's got to show you the messages and then get someone from statistics (maybe the FBI) to run a study to show if they are statistically significant compared to other programs.

"Crazies are going to crazy." Thanks for the example.

BTW, many on here seem awfully defensive about their negativity, posting how they're no worse than other programs' fans. The team is supposed to be better but that doesn't carry over to the fans. Got it!

My standard for evidence on the part of McElwain is not court room level, just like my standard of evidence for what McElwain bringing up these threats now means. We are not bound by the beyond a reasonable doubt standard here nor do I think we should be. You lawyers have imposed on enough of life already.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
BTW, many on here seem awfully defensive about their negativity
Fvkk Butterteeth and he can ride a donkey back to Montana. I would add another statement that rhymes with Lie in a Choir but it seems to irritate certain body cavities around here. Clear enough?

BTW I really dont GAF what he says in oress conferences. He can say nothing at all or continue babbling semi coherently for all I care. Just throw the ball downfield and score points and we will shutup, no doubt.

You have to be pretty fvkking clueless to not realize tjat the reason we pay guys who dont have the education and resume to be a Burger King manager 4.5 mil a year is because we are fanatics who enjoy our entertainment. You have to be a fool to criticize your fans.

At least Dumbo showed some balls doing it.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I viewed it more as him standing up for his family, his staff's families and his players rather then criticizing fans.
Yet he didn't stand up enough to inform the police or even his own administration? And then refused to elaborate when questioned by the administration? o_O

Please. It was a cry for help from a guy who has no answers. And in doing so he's successfully painted Gator fans as blood thirsty ingrates. The dude is clueless.

Gatorup!

Nov 14, 2016
Yet he didn't stand up enough to inform the police or even his own administration? And then refused to elaborate when questioned by the administration? o_O

Please. It was a cry for help from a guy who has no answers. And in doing so he's successfully painted Gator fans as blood thirsty ingrates. The dude is clueless.
I have to admit it's strange he didn't want to cooperate with the administration. But he could well have, as he said, just seen them as haters who weren't real threats and so wanted to keep the focus on football rather than getting involved in more police investigations.

The cool thing is that it puts all the heat on him and takes it off the players and the staff. And, according to your post, he's at least succeeded at something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.