Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Racism is racist.
Racists are racist
Claims of racism are racist
Claims that racism claims are racist are racist.

There, did I miss anything or should I continue?

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Okay my take is football only. If he could REALLY play my guess is he would be at ST. Thomas Aquanis since Major played there. But regardless of where he plays my question is can he play? If he has cover skills like Major I say no thank you. If he has ball skills like Major I say no thank you. I do not care how big of a hitter he may be. Big hitting safetys do nothing but draw 15 yard penaltys b/c of the rules. You must have coverage and ball skills to be a top flight safety these days.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Okay my take is football only. If he could REALLY play my guess is he would be at ST. Thomas Aquanis since Major played there. But regardless of where he plays my question is can he play? If he has cover skills like Major I say no thank you. If he has ball skills like Major I say no thank you. I do not care how big of a hitter he may be. Big hitting safetys do nothing but draw 15 yard penaltys b/c of the rules. You must have coverage and ball skills to be a top flight safety these days.
Refs never flagged the Major for that huge hit in the ncg. Thought it set the tone for the win.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Refs never flagged the Major for that huge hit in the ncg. Thought it set the tone for the win.
That was 2008/09. Times have changed. Circa 2016 - he would of been tossed on the first series, 15 yds Sooners, 1st down.....new tone set.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That was 2008/09. Times have changed. Circa 2016 - he would of been tossed on the first series, 15 yds Sooners, 1st down.....new tone set.
Agreed - he would have been gone. Defenseless player jacked right below the face mask with Wright's helmet leading the way. Wright never even tried to use his arms - all helmet. Great hit though!
major-wright-o.gif

GatorStompin'

Gator Grad '14
Nov 25, 2014
Nothing racial about my post. It's this kind of overly sensitive, PC police crap that has a reality show host in line to be president.

I'm not sure I follow your logic here. I'm assuming you are talking about Trump in your reference to "reality show host". I thought Trump supporters typically despise PC, therefore support Trump in their anger, and ultimately their sadness that the country is slipping away because PC essentially promotes watching your tongue and being mindful of history and a persons personal distinction.

In my view political correctness is really just a standardized way of civilly dealing with an individual's unique social standing, that either differentiates from the norm or is due to historical prejudice, or both. With most things standardized, and I think their's a thread of agreeableness between us here, political correctness is inheritantly flawed. I mean the very idea of political correctness is that humans aren't a "one size fits all" type of creature. We're different. Therefore there can never be a standardized way of dealing with things.

However, your comment is suggestive and I pick up on the negative suggestion because i have an understanding of the prejudice apparent in your statement due to years and years of indoctrinated racism. So, I'm not saying it's wrong to say because it's not PC, I'm saying it's wrong because it's not right to make jokingly hurtful comments, about someone because of their race, and certainly not on a public forum dedicated to sports.

As to the larger issue of PC, just because it's flawed doesn't make it wrong. This very case makes a strong argument for it. Had you "been PC" you would have avoided saying something mean spirited all together. That's why while PC might be flawed, it still works.

People should learn to acknowledge and respect the boundaries of others, in social environments at least. In this instance we're talking about racism which brings to the surface slavery and social injustices, versus your ego, that is bruised, offended, and saddened by the fact that society simply won't tolerate you saying whatever is on your mind.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not sure I follow your logic here. I'm assuming you are talking about Trump in your reference to "reality show host". I thought Trump supporters typically despise PC, therefore support Trump in their anger, and ultimately their sadness that the country is slipping away because PC essentially promotes watching your tongue and being mindful of history and a persons personal distinction.

In my view political correctness is really just a standardized way of civilly dealing with an individual's unique social standing, that either differentiates from the norm or is due to historical prejudice, or both. With most things standardized, and I think their's a thread of agreeableness between us here, political correctness is inheritantly flawed. I mean the very idea of political correctness is that humans aren't a "one size fits all" type of creature. We're different. Therefore there can never be a standardized way of dealing with things.

However, your comment is suggestive and I pick up on the negative suggestion because i have an understanding of the prejudice apparent in your statement due to years and years of indoctrinated racism. So, I'm not saying it's wrong to say because it's not PC, I'm saying it's wrong because it's not right to make jokingly hurtful comments, about someone because of their race, and certainly not on a public forum dedicated to sports.

As to the larger issue of PC, just because it's flawed doesn't make it wrong. This very case makes a strong argument for it. Had you "been PC" you would have avoided saying something mean spirited all together. That's why while PC might be flawed, it still works.

People should learn to acknowledge and respect the boundaries of others, in social environments at least. In this instance we're talking about racism which brings to the surface slavery and social injustices, versus your ego, that is bruised, offended, and saddened by the fact that society simply won't tolerate you saying whatever is on your mind.
**** You!!!

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015

Wow! It is surprising to see a well thought-out position cogently explained on a sports thread. I will say the danger I see in PC is that once PC positions are adopted, they tend to be adopted uncritically by everyone so that such positions can become the mindless tyranny of the uninformed majority.
In any event, we should probably worry more about losing Quincy Wilson's brother than Major Wright's.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Pfffft! See post #23 for clarification.
tumblr_nc982xJEFk1s0sn5co2_500.gif

Last edited:

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Too much blah, blah, blah....

I think his reference to trump was that eveybody is so sick and tired of the Hyper-PC world we live in they are pushing back to the other extreme. We have long since passed any common sense any more...

rockinchair

Dec 11, 2015
Agreed - he would have been gone. Defenseless player jacked right below the face mask with Wright's helmet leading the way. Wright never even tried to use his arms - all helmet. Great hit though!
major-wright-o.gif

One of my all time favorite plays.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
major-wright-o.gif
I miss watching real football.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
PCism is merely a lynch-mob on logic declared knot-guilty by abandonment of common
sense that's always fused to truth. Honorable folks do not long abide truth & honesty
strung up on lariats of lies. It's a choking feeling.

Last edited:

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
PCism is merely a lynch-mob on logic declared knot-guilty by abandonment of common
sense fused to truth. Honorable folks do not long abide truth & honesty strung up on
lariats of lies. It's a choking feeling.

I'm not sure I even understand everything Rog just said, but I have a sneaking suspicion that I agree with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Where does it end? Can we make fun of clowns for not being smart enough to get into UF? That is prejudiced and hurtful to a large group of people.

I think it's more likely that a football player like Daniel Wright would be more offended that you think a bit of lighthearted satire would hurt his feelings than he would be from the joke itself. You're assumption that he would be is prejudice. You're intolerance of the view shared by many of the posters in this thread that the joke was indeed funny is bigotry. And if you are the kind of prejudiced, bigoted, sophomoric ideologue that the University is churning out these days, then I am both embarrassed and deeply concerned about the future of our country.

Oh yeah, and comments like this belong in the political forum.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This sort of racially motivated, negative commentary shouldn't be allowed to take place around here without reprimand.
Well, at least you didn't delete your post this time.

As far as the topic at hand, I'm assuming this is a half-brother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator