Make Gator Football great again!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
And @oxrageous , you’re also counting chickens at the moment. None of these kids have signed, Filsaime and several others are taking OVs at other places, and outlets like 247 are already talking about how critical it is now that they hold things together because other programs are in poaching mode. If we sign everyone committed, yes it’s our best class since Meyer. But I’m less and less convinced that will end up being the case.
Not only am I convinced it will be the case, the class is going to IMPROVE from where it is now, as a couple of blue chippers are still looking hard at us.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

I’ve said before, I don’t even want that, and it’s a short term bandaid(see Fisher). When a coach gets his hand forced and makes changes while kicking and screaming against the idea, it tells you all you need to know about them. They’re not people who hate losing. Not to mention it’s conceding to the fans and others who, as he’s already stated “don’t know what they’re talking about”. It will grind him to do it and the resentment from both sides will just grow until it boils over. Also, no one worth anything is going to hitch himself to a failing star for one season. There’s a reason why WM went back to Roper as OC while at Usce. He was getting hung up, sent to voicemail or trolled using an Eastern European accent by everyone else.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
^^^ Yep. Once you lose that initial momentum, it's almost impossible to get it back. Either way you slice it, replacing him now or a year from now, you lose a portion of the 2024 recruiting class. If you know it's inevitable, why would you not elect to move forward now? Get it done.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If Daniels is out, watch us go into Redstick Saturday night and win. That would fit the pattern of this ****ed up season.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This is kinda why I struggle to see a future here. We're already talking about a 3rd DC. We need to hire an OC, special teams coach and fire one or both of our oline coaches. I mean , at what point do we decide it's Napier's fault? And then we have to decide is one recruiting class worth another losing season?
who is talking about DC?

So the answer is spending $32 Million to get rid of Napier and hire who? You know, because we've done such a great job with Muschamp, McElwain, and Mullen. At least Napier has fixed the infrastructure and recruiting. He's shown he's not afraid to make changes.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If anything happened to Stricklin I would be absolutely shocked. I think the higher-ups, including Sasse, point to the recruiting and believe it needs more time.

What WILL happen is they'll force Napier to hire an OC and/or change out some other staff.
Pretty sure the OC decision was made after Utah, but will occur after the season. The TE coach has apparently been helping with the passing game, which is much better than at the beginning of the game.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Happy I Love You GIF by Warner Bros. Deutschland
Aquaman is a transgendered mermaid f@ggot

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
who is talking about DC?

So the answer is spending $32 Million to get rid of Napier and hire who? You know, because we've done such a great job with Muschamp, McElwain, and Mullen. At least Napier has fixed the infrastructure and recruiting. He's shown he's not afraid to make changes.
He's literally never fired an assistant coach in his life. If anything he's absolutely terrified to make changes, if he wasn't such a pussy he'd have already fired several coaches this year.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He's literally never fired an assistant coach in his life. If anything he's absolutely terrified to make changes, if he wasn't such a pussy he'd have already fired several coaches this year.
He got rid of two coaches after last year. DC and TE.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
who is talking about DC?

Are you implying that we would be better off if we stuck with muschamp maclewain or mullen? As for who we should hire, I'll answer that with another question. Are you implying that there's nobody out there that could possibly do any better? I mean of all the duds we've hired, his record is the worst. I understand that he's recruiting very very well, and that's where I'm stuck. I don't wanna take that for granted. But that's we're I'm stuck because I've seen enough games to know where this is headed.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

You're counting trees. The rest of us are assessing the forest. His game management is poor, his play calling is questionable, he tries to deflect coaching inadequacies on player execution, he comes up well short on displaying an obsession with not losing.

So he threw us a few bones. The main problem still exists. It's him.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Neither were fired and both left for other jobs in the NFL. Reports were the DC and his wife hated Gainesville and were leaving no matter how the 2022 season went. The te coach may have been asked to leave to save face but we don't really know. But he damn sure wasn't fired like the STC, OL coaches and probably a few others should be. We'll see how the off season plays out but if he actually fires some people and makes necessary changes it'd be out of the ordinary for him.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
who is talking about DC?

The answer is to can Stricklin and start the actual ground up rebuild, which is in the UAA. Sasse is the only hope we have right now. As for who we should hire, I do think it becomes very situational. If we feel we have a legit opportunity with someone that may be unavailable should we wait a year, I do think you pull the trigger. I think there’s enough data to support that move. If not, I think you quietly begin a search, knowing that we’re simply kicking the can for one more season. We keep talking about the bad coaching hires, but none of those hires were smart ideas. They were disastrous hires by terrible athletic Director(s). That’s what needs to be fixed. The fact that we would owe him 32 million, is almost irrelevant. There were 80k really disgruntled people yesterday who’ve shown up every week and given this guy the benefit of the doubt, selling out every game. That will stop and you’ll go back to selling tix in 3 game packages just to get people in the seats. That will be much more expensive long run.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
The answer is to can Stricklin.... I think there’s enough data to support that move.
The thing about Nape that disturbs me the most is that we haven't won a single game where we were the underdogs. He's an underachiever and a champion of life. The only time he's won jack sh!t was when his roster was stacked with ringers. Give any Sunbelt coach an All-American Guard (first rounder) and a starting SEC-caliber running back, and I'll win enough games to show out and get attention for the next level. It's what Deion did and what Napier did in his last season at ULL. Our coach not only sucks, he may be a fraud. Stricknine has to go.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
"I don't see any way Billy won't be successful. It just may take longer than some people want it to take."

-- Stricklin as told to Bianchi

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
"I don't see any way Billy won't be successful. It just may take longer than some people want it to take."

-- Stricklin as told to Bianchi

Completely out of touch. It’s not the way things work and is a perfect snapshot of how terrible he is.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Completely out of touch. It’s not the way things work and is a perfect snapshot of how terrible he is.

"I feel like a lone troubadour being drowned out by a chorus of clanging cymbals when I say it would be nonsensical to hire a coach and give him a seven-year, $52 million contract -- and then fire him after his second season."

-- Bianchi

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
"I feel like a lone troubadour being drowned out by a chorus of clanging cymbals when I say it would be nonsensical to hire a coach and give him a seven-year, $52 million contract -- and then fire him after his second season."

-- Bianchi

The opinions of a closet homosexual, including the quoting of another closet homosexual, about the standing of a complete moron, is not something I put much stock in.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The opinions of a closet homosexual, including the quoting of another closet homosexual, about the standing of a complete moron, is not something I put much stock in.

Just to be clear, do I assume Billy is not in that closet?

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I was on my way to church this morning when it occurred to me both the sunbelt Billy thread and the Billy is a stupid pussy thread are both locked . We all know the truth . If they weren’t locked they would be the top three threads on the board along with this one . This would likely be the case for the remainder of the season . Instead of bringing them both back I am calling on Ox to do the right thing and move them both to their rightful place in the hall of fame . Resurrecting them on a Sunday no less feels ridiculous but they belong in the HOF no question . Ox please move them to the hall.

On another note there was a most unfortunate event that transpired this morning .On a Sunday no less. The board gnat as we know told me I should “ go ahead and pull the trigger”. Upon seeing this Ox said hey man that’s a bit over the line . The board gnat, stubborn as a mule doubled down saying while he isn’t pro murder he would be pleased with me jumping off the sears tower . Keep in mind I’m paraphrasing the previous sentence .

Reprimand? Not a chance . In fact both parties were warned as if the board gnat didn’t deserve a retaliation. I responded calling the board gnat stupid and wouldn’t be responding directly with this individual any longer . True to my word there was no direct quotation to the board gnat on my behalf.

The question remains why a quality poster like Rev is constantly belittled and banned . Itraz and apparently now Ferg is also banned. Board gnat encourages a member to commit suicide and nobody bats an eye . Nobody seems to care.

I expect an apology for the most appalling choice of words from the board gnat . But I will not be holding my breath . I love gator football. Truth be told it was my first love and it’s very personal when someone ****s with that. This is the fundamental reason I hate Billy Napier and I’ll probably hate him for a very long time .Because myself and others have seen this coming for quite some time now . The frustration grows and grows . There is no doubt insults thst happen and I typically laugh them off like a man . Especially over the last year when countless others thought I was wrong .Today was over the line.Board gnat - You know you stepped over the line .Whether it’s over PM or in this thread I expect an apology .

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator