Marcus Lattimore retires

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
Gatormac2112;n99083 said:
He must want Marcus to shine his shoes because SOS is a dirty racist ~KC

It's funny that I'm in your head 24/7. You are not even an afterthought.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Actually, Marcus is a very nice young man & I'm saddened by his misfortune. He's one of the good guys & had a really promising future in the league.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Good for him.

Did Lattimore have a Lloyd's insurance policy? He got a $300K signing bonus...but most of those policies are for at least $1 million.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Lattimore will collect a tax free insurance payout of $1.7 million dollars. If I were his financial advisor I would recommend that he invest every cent in a relatively safe investment mix of tax free and corporate bonds and a few high yield blue chip stocks where he can make a conservative 5% interest per year. He should not touch it and let it grow with compounding interest until he's around 35. He should take the job at USCe that I'm (totally) guessing will pay him around $60-70,000/year to start. Not bad money for a 23 year old without a college degree. Provided he does well there and is able to stay on track making that kind of money with cost of living raises we will be making around $100,000 when he hits 35. At that time he can start collecting just the interest on the money he's saved which will total around $3 million. His combination of interest income and earned income will total a respectable $250,000/year plus he will have $3 million in the bank plus any other money he should have socked away in a retirement account.
:nerd:

(Unfortunately, he'll be broke and handing out basketballs at a local rec center 5 years from now.)

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n99110 said:
Lattimore will collect a tax free insurance payout of $1.7 million dollars. If I were his financial advisor I would recommend that he invest every cent in a relatively safe investment mix of tax free and corporate bonds and a few high yield blue chip stocks where he can make a conservative 5% interest per year. He should not touch it and let it grow with compounding interest until he's around 35. He should take the job at USCe that I'm (totally) guessing will pay him around $60-70,000/year to start. Not bad money for a 23 year old without a college degree. Provided he does well there and is able to stay on track making that kind of money with cost of living raises we will be making around $100,000 when he hits 35. At that time he can start collecting just the interest on the money he's saved which will total around $3 million. His combination of interest income and earned income will total a respectable $250,000/year plus he will have $3 million in the bank plus any other money he should have socked away in a retirement account.

(Unfortunately, he'll be broke and handing out basketballs at a local rec center 5 years from now.)

:lol:

:facepalm:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
divits;n99110 said:

As terrible as it sounds, you're probably right. Especially after seeing a little taste of the NFL glamorous life. Wish him the best though. He's had an undeserved road thus far.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
He doesn't appear to be dumbass like most of these pros. He appears thoughtful and Mature beyond his years. Plus I think he'll get some investing advice while back at USC

divits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm actually surprised that he didn't have a larger insurance policy. I thought the NCAA started allowing that through the schools but I may be wrong. Top guys like Lattimore, who have the chance to make double digit millions, should be allowed to have insurance policies of at least $5 million and the schools should foot the bill. JMHO

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n99110 said:

whats he going to do for sc for 60-70$ ? There's no way graduate assistants make that much.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It's really sad. That was probably the worst knee injury I'd ever seen I knew he was never playing again after that. This guy was looking like the next ap.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Terribly sad story that he had to retire. Great kid and great football player, that injury was one of the worst things I've ever seen happen to an athlete.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
40 carries for 212 in The Swamp his freshman year to clinch the East for them. Hard to forget that one.

divits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n99212 said:
whats he going to do for sc for 60-70$ ? There's no way graduate assistants make that much.

Trust me, he'll get paid pretty well. They're feeling pretty guilty regarding what happened to him and he'll be "rewarded" for his past play. And I don't think he'll be a grad assistant.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
"he'll end up pumping gas for the rest of his life like all the other players".

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.