Marcus Lattimore retires

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n99235 said:
Trust me, he'll get paid pretty well. They're feeling pretty guilty regarding what happened to him and he'll be "rewarded" for his past play. And I don't think he'll be a grad assistant.

I thought everyone started as a ga because in college they're only allowed so many paid coaches

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n99244 said:
I thought everyone started as a ga because in college they're only allowed so many paid coaches

From the article...

"Spurrier says either he, athletic director Ray Tanner or university president Harris Pastides could find a position for Lattimore after football."

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n99244 said:
There are plenty of football operation positions.

Bammer has about 10 gazillion who just watch film all day.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Just read on ESPN that his knee is hurting and he can't go. Too bad for him, he seems like a good guy. I'm glad to hear he had an insurance policy that will at least get him set up nicely for a 23 year old.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Oh, I see the Marcus Lattimore news is in a thread about Steve Spurrier. Nevermind. Like a dumbass, when I did the requisite MOM scan of recent threads, I stupidly looked for the words Marcus and/or Lattimore. My mistake.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, it would be nice if the thread titles actually described the thread. So many with titles like "Here's What I find interesting" or "What if?"

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Zambo;n99316 said:
Oh, I see the Marcus Lattimore news is in a thread about Steve Spurrier. Nevermind. Like a dumbass, when I did the requisite MOM scan of recent threads, I stupidly looked for the words Marcus and/or Lattimore. My mistake.

Yeah because when I saw the one about Spurrier I thought it was another race baiting thread......:dunno:

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, the day I click on a thread by NVGator entitled "here's what I find interesting" is the day I put a gun in my mouth. Theoretically, the subject could be damn near anything that isn't, in fact, interesting. Which is a lot of stuff.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What are you trying to say?

I found the retirement of Marcus interesting.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'll reiterate what I said in the other thread, it's a terribly sad situation. Great kid by all accounts and obviously a very talented football player. I know some people are going to be cynical and say he's set up fine because of his insurance policy, and he is, but if you can't feel empathy for someone as talented as him never getting to realize the full potential of his talent because of injuries that were out of his control, then you have bigger problems in life. Not only that, the money he's making on insurance is a drop in the bucket compared to what he could have made with a full, healthy career in the NFL. I just hope he's smart with the money, gets his degree, and succeeds in life.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm busting your balls NV.

It's not terribly sad though. It's simply disappointing.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
divits;n99110 said:
Lattimore will collect a tax free insurance payout of $1.7 million dollars. If I were his financial advisor I would recommend that he invest every cent in a relatively safe investment mix of tax free and corporate bonds and a few high yield blue chip stocks where he can make a conservative 5% interest per year. He should not touch it and let it grow with compounding interest until he's around 35. He should take the job at USCe that I'm (totally) guessing will pay him around $60-70,000/year to start. Not bad money for a 23 year old without a college degree. Provided he does well there and is able to stay on track making that kind of money with cost of living raises we will be making around $100,000 when he hits 35. At that time he can start collecting just the interest on the money he's saved which will total around $3 million. His combination of interest income and earned income will total a respectable $250,000/year plus he will have $3 million in the bank plus any other money he should have socked away in a retirement account.
:nerd:

(Unfortunately, he'll be broke and handing out basketballs at a local rec center 5 years from now.)

Wow. Didn't realize he had such a large policy.

Sound advice (if you were his financial advisor)....unfortunately, he'll likely buy a Land Rover, Mercedes and give something to his family members (who will have their hands out). It'll essentially be like winning a small lottery...and you are right. He'll be broke within no time.

I could see telling him he can do whatever he wants with $200K...but the other $1.5 million has to be invested. But you know the money will be burning a hole in his pocket and he'd tap into it.

Sad....

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
t-gator;n99244 said:

As the others mentioned, it wasn't stated that he'd be a GA. He'll likely be an "analyst" or some other BS job (like Bama and LSU have on staff)....basically a "coach" who is not called a "coach". Divits is right, they feel bad about what happened to him and want to right the ship and help the kid out.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n99318 said:
Yeah because when I saw the one about Spurrier I thought it was another race baiting thread......:dunno:
I thought that thread was about how much of a pedophile KC is.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Just really terrible how it worked out for him. Seems like a good guy and will be ok. And Kudos to Spurrier. Totally the right thing to do. Hell he was a great RB and can that translate to coaching, we'll see. And if Lattimore is the kinda guy I think he is....he should go back to Columbia and take Spurrier up on his offer. Finish that degree too. Not many people when times hit hard that they get an opportunity such as what Spurrier has offered. Its up to ML now to make the correct step. This is one guy when misfortune struck another opportunity presented itself. I wish him good luck.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n99317 said:
Yes, it would be nice if the thread titles actually described the thread. So many with titles like "Here's What I find interesting" or "What if?"
Agreed, and I've been editing thread titles to actually show what the thread is about. This is actually something mentioned in the rules:

Think your thread titles out. Try and make them specific about the topic at hand. Don’t resort to cliffhangers to try and fool people into clicking on your lame thread (they can hover over the topic and see what's in it anyway). It also prevents a lot of duplicate threads when the title makes it obvious what’s there. Also, no ALL CAPS or multiple !!! or ???, and try and use the proper capitalizations and grammar. We aren’t UGA fans – let’s appear like we have brains.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TN G8tr;n99346 said:
:hehehe: IBM

Good for you. Everybody does. Not sure what it has to do with this thread though.

Everyone_Poops.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator