Martez Ivey to have knee scoped Friday

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n267078 said:
Honestly, I'd rather lose Ivey than any of the kids who have actually spent a year on campus.

I know some have ordained him as game ready, but everything I heard was that he is really raw (read terrible) at pass protection. We can't have that in a tackle.

He's a 20 year old freshman though. I would imagine he's ready .

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n267078 said:
Honestly, I'd rather lose Ivey than any of the kids who have actually spent a year on campus.

I know some have ordained him as game ready, but everything I heard was that he is really raw (read terrible) at pass protection. We can't have that in a tackle.

where have you read that?

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ivey has been getting RAVE reviews in fall camp and has moved from RT to LT to protect the blind side....he is 20 and is taking his responsibilities seriously, unlike some typical freshmen.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;267105 said:
Ivey has been getting RAVE reviews in fall camp and has moved from RT to LT to protect the blind side....he is 20 and is taking his responsibilities seriously, unlike some typical freshmen.

Yep older and physically much more mature.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Out 2-4 weeks with a slight meniscus tear in his left knee . Not worse case scenario but not best case scenario. Hopefully it will help us build some depth.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
if it's two to four weeks then they are hoping to get him back for the start of SEC ball vs Kentucky or UT.

if it's a relatively small tear that needs cleaning and repair then athletes who are surrounded by medical and training staff can bounce back pretty quick from these types of procedures. he'll likely come back in with some sort of brace but should be ok. just too bad he won't be building up game reps with the other guys.

knowing what we know, if true, it does seem that the staff wanted to get him familiar with the offense and blocking schemes before sitting him down for a couple weeks. they're doing the math and figure we are strong enough without him to get through New Mexico and ECU.

three weeks out puts him back in for UK. four weeks or so puts him out there for UT.

let's hope for the best.

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
My friend has direct contact with Ivey as he used to work with him at youth group at church. This is what he said.

Tez said they're just removing scar tissue from his left knee. He's restricted to the training facility and constant treatment. He said he's been praying a lot about it, and not to worry.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Tough loss, but if it's just scar tissue, he'll be ready for the Vols. Good luck to him.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Kind of makes me wonder if trying to put on that extra 15-20#'s aggravated the issue? I know it takes time for someone's body to adjust to playing at a heavier weight. What sucks is him missing valuable game reps in the first 2 games. Let's just hope his recovery is thorough before stepping back on the field.....

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If that's the case I'm just glad its scar tissue. Keeping my fingers crossed that the bumps and dings are at a minimum.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n267109 said:
Out 2-4 weeks with a slight meniscus tear in his left knee . Not worse case scenario but not best case scenario. Hopefully it will help us build some depth.

Where is this info from, brocephus?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
This time it really was just a tweak!

tumblr_m1ki1ecD3b1qzx33j.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.