Martez Ivey to have knee scoped Friday

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Well as it is reported to be a preexisting issue, it is good news that it has been identified and will be addressed before it becomes a larger and more dangerous issue. At least that is my view with limited information.

joeblow

Banned
Banned
Aug 12, 2015
Mac on Ivey: "He'll be back. I don't know how quickly. It doesn't appear to be season-ending."

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
From Robbie Andreu on twitter Mac said "He'll be back. It doesn't appear to be a season-ending deal."

Of course.. that doesn't tell us if it is one week or 8!

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Easley's injury wasn't going to keep him out for long either, was it?

I'll be crossing my fingers

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This seems just a little bit preposterous, but wtf do I know?

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
images

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
chferg;n266928 said:
Easley's injury wasn't going to keep him out for long either, was it?

I'll be crossing my fingers

Muschamp's greatest problem from a fan aspect, was his inability to be honest with the fans and believing he was the smartest guy in the room.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hope it's not serious, either way were gonna need him badly this year. Even though he's only a true frosh.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
3a8d244f8db172d0c2976a9f68640112.jpg

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
My guess is it's something they knew about and knew it wasn't serious enough to keep him out of fall drills. They wanted to get him up to speed with the offense before sitting him out next week and for the first couple games to heal and rehab. I'll bet they're banking on having him back by game three. fingers crossed.

joeblow

Banned
Banned
Aug 12, 2015
LongTooth;n266941 said:
My guess is it's something they knew about and knew it wasn't serious enough to keep him out of fall drills. They wanted to get him up to speed with the offense before sitting him out next week and for the first couple games to heal and rehab. I'll bet they're banking on having him back by game three. fingers crossed.

That makes no sense. I doubt they knew anything was wrong and only discovered something after he complained of being in pain. Doctors are not magicians, they can't diagnose something being wrong if the person says they are fine. You wouldn't play someone and then have them 'scoped, unless it was an important game. Deshaun Watson, of Clemson, playing on a torn ACL against South Carolina only happened because ti meant a lot to beat them.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Research indicates that the pain-relieving effects for arthroscopic partial menisectomy (removal of torn parts of cartilage) and debridement (the abrasion of cartilage to make it smooth) are not very reliable. Pain relief varies between 50% and 75%, depending upon the age, activity level, degree of damage, and extent of follow-up. One study indicates that the two surgical procedures, lavage and debridement, fared no better than no surgical procedure in relieving pain. The participants were divided into three groups for arthroscopic surgery: one third underwent debridement, a second third underwent lavage, and the remaining third likewise were anesthetized and had three incisions made in the knee area, though no procedure was performed. All three groups reported essentially the same results. Each had slightly less pain and better knee movement. The non-procedure had the best results. Debates about normal expectations from minor arthroscopic surgery continue with many surgeons believing that arthroscopic surgery of the knee should be restricted to acute injuries.

Read more: https://www.surgeryencyclopedia.com/Fi-La/Knee-Arthroscopic-Surgery.html#ixzz3k3OHAfj1

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
This guy was the 8 star offensive lineman??? Oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I feel someone just hit my new car in a parking lot and took off without leaving a note.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
That's it, I need some alcohol. I hope I don't get too drunk and start liking joeblow's posts again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator